• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Remembering Zelda Songs

I don't know if this happens to anyone else so i'll ask.

I have always had a massive problem with remembering the ocarina buttons to play certain songs. Of course i've got Zelda's lullaby, Epona's Song and Saria's Song down, but anything else, even the Song of Storms and The Song of Time just doesn't stick in my head... and you can forget about it if i ever need to warp anywhere.. (thank god OoT3ds showed us the commands on screen).

Yet when it comes to Wind Waker i know them all without a second thought, even the command melody and i don't need it anymore.

Does this happen with anyone else between Zelda games with instruments or are there just song in general from any of the games that you just can't get to stick in your memory?

This happens to me all the time, Spirit, but in a manner directly opposed to your own experience. I always recall the beautiful and varied ocarina melodies from the N64 games but find my memory unable to grasp Wind Waker songs. This is likely because I don't care for the Wind Waker as an instrument. The same can be said of SS's harp although memorizing songs was unnecessary due to their limited purpose in granting access to Silent Realms. Nintendo set the bar high with its first 3D installments and their incorporation of instruments and said standard hasn't been reached since in my opinion.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've got almost every song in every game down to my mind, even now, despite not currently during any playthroughs. There are several tricky ones such as the Elegy of Emptiness which I need some practice to do right.

I have never forgot the Ocarina songs from either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. I used those songs quite alot that the notes are pratically imprinted in my mind. And to add, I think it's quite hard not to forget the songs in the Wind Waker because In my opinion they were easy to memorise.

well for me at first i was not able to grasp them all the time. but after playing OOT 156 times i think i have memorized it all lol but windwaker gave me some trouble with the changing the tempo and i think ST is the hardest due to the fact you have to be in like an air tight room

Night Owl

~Momentai
Aside from the new wave bossa nova and the elegy of emptiness, It usually doesn't take long for me to memorize the songs.

I may not be able to recite them for you, But when I need it I know it.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Certain songs this does happen to me. And i actually enjoyed the arrow directions for the N64 over the 3ds's xyab thing.

But yes, the songs i forget the most are the sun's song, nocturne of shadow, and minuet of forest (in OoT this is)

probably because we rarely use these songs compared to ZL, eponas song, and sarias song. And i remember all the warp songs that i like a lot. I like minuet too, but it never sticks in my head

I can remember most of the Ocarina songs, but there's a problem if I'm warping anywhere besides the Spirit Temple or the Temple of Time. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This only happens to me with Ocarina of Time 3D; there is so little buttons that I forget what note is attached to what button. I always have to bring up the song chart when trying to play even Zelda's Lullaby, the most basic song in the game, and that in my opinion is pretty disheartening :P

That, and I'm also used to using C-buttons and/or keyboard to play my songs, but 3DS has neither. xD

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I generally don't have trouble with song memorization at all, but if I do it's usually with the 6/4 time Wind Waker songs. Because of how long I've been playing OoT and MM, I have those songs down, as well as WW's 3/4 and 4/4 songs.

I have a similar problem with that as well, on the N64 I could never remember more than the songs you listed. However, in tWW I have a much easier time remembering songs, I think partly because it's only up, down, left and right, and there's only a couple of songs you use a lot..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom