• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Remembering Your Past

Dan

So I was bicurious and wondering, do you have anything to hold onto the past. Perhaps pictures, certain objects, the first diaper you were born in, or maybe millions of pictures of Zelda dungeon because you are it's lore keeper. If so what are they and why do you hold onto the past, if not why not.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I did hold on to the past until recently I could set myself free and start living the present, it has been a great change for me. Anyway I still have all of the toys I played with when I was a little kid. Also my Gameboy Color gives me back memories of old, and lots of pictures of my youth :P I like to take a look at the past from time to time for as long as I don't get chained to it. I know how it feels to and it sucks.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Pictures. Once I see pictures, I can see that flashback on how was it taken and some songs actually do remind me of the past. My old drawings can also represent and I can tell one when they are drawn.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I have a Disney Marie kitty doll that is 15 years old, going 16 when I turn 19. I always have my kitty doll almost everywhere I go. I even like to sleep with it. (Yes, I admit.) I can't sleep with out her.

Pictures on the wall really makes my mind play old memories of something exciting, sad, and regretful. Mostly regretful.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have pictures only, but I rarely take the time to see them. -.- No, I live the present, mostly, and I don't like reliving past experiences, or years, that I have already lived, mostly because I get nostalgic and stuff.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Dancake said:
or maybe millions of pictures of Zelda dungeon because you are it's lore keeper.
Dan, I wouldn't be surprised if you have saved every picture on the picture thread.

I usually hold on to stuff from the past, especially stuff that brings me bad memories.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have a large plush Tiger I got when I was like 8 years old and an old bag I got around the same time. I also got many pictures and even a long sweater my sister was wearing before I was even born and it still looks good!!! Nah the past is the past. To think back will only limit my grow so I only look back with good memories and go on

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I keep a few things that connect me to my family and that have happy memories associated with them; a lot of family pictures, some books that I loved and read over and over when I was a kid and hope some day I can give to own kids, and a few small things that belonged to my dad who died when I was young.

Joy

The Sexy One
I have a stuffed animal (not suite sure which one it is, its in pretty bad shape) I've had it since I was a baby.

But generally I don't like looking back at my past.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I had a stuffed bear named Vuzz, two simple pictures of fruit, and I still have my first soother. (Somewhere.)

Dan

I did hold on to the past until recently I could set myself free and start living the present, it has been a great change for me. Anyway I still have all of the toys I played with when I was a little kid. Also my Gameboy Color gives me back memories of old, and lots of pictures of my youth :P I like to take a look at the past from time to time for as long as I don't get chained to it. I know how it feels to and it sucks.

Ah yes you were telling us the other day about your barbies, I'm guessing from your post you stopped paying with 90's barbies and started playing with modern ones. (smirk)
Anyways I like looking at the past sometimes, it's best not to get sucked in too deep however.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I spend almost all day thinking about my past and when I'm not, I'm thinking about the future. I've never really been one to think about the present. When I do, I suddenly feel overwhelmed with the thoughts of all the things I could be doing but am not doing so I think about the past which is already done, can't be changed, and which I usually no longer have to worry about. That being said, I hate giving up anything from my past. I want to keep all of it and for the most part, I do. If there was one thing I had to choose to keep, it would be a stuffed animal that I've had since the day I was born.

I have a lot of old stuff, two boxes and growing of memories. I've had a pretty all over the place life already, although I'm only 12 there have been a lot of changes and a lot of unforgettable experiences. So, yeah. MY oldest memory is a small blanket that's been mine since before I was born, pale mint-green with a Tigger design on one corner. It's Tigger with a butterfly on his tail--so cute. Lately it's been too small for almost anything, but I still have it and it's still so very soft and warm.

there are memories everywhere I look--at my glass, my PEZ collection, my ocarina... I can't look anywhere or touch anything without memories. This question is almost redundant in that sense, everyone is GOING to have stuff from their past. It's a matter of how much it matters that counts, and if that's what you're asking, then yes. Everything I have is so very important to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom