• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Remembering the Classics

ShadowsofTime

The Hidden Triforce God
Recently I began replaying The Leend fo Zelda and ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link. These two games can be considered the hardest games in the Zelda franchise. Anyway, I was wondering what your favorite memories are about these two classic Zelda games. Gameplay, favorite moments, hardest dungeons or bosses, ANYTHING about these two classic Zelda Adventures can be posted to this thread.:stalfos::tektite::wallmaster:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
what i remember most about Zelda II was that it is the first game i can remember (actually remember) playing. My mom was a big gamer and as a child anything my parents would touch as a hobby i just had to have. so i played videogames and that stuck. my mom was the only one to beat Zelda II. we never had the first one till way after i got ALttP and i just wanted to play it. But yeah man Zelda II brings back memories of the good ol' innocent days.

I just recently played through Zelda II for the first time since then, and finally beat it, i used to hate that game cuz it was too hard for my 3 to 5 year old hands. This time around i really enjoyed that game and wish some things about it would make a return.

Well, I wasn't born for Zelda or Zelda II, so I remember playing Zelda II in the late 90's as a 4 year old. I had no idea what was going on...that's when I popped in Kung-fu or Mario 3.
So, that's not really a memory, more of a dumb story XD

Well, I just beat Zelda 1 a few weeks ago, and my greatest memory is the sense of lonesomeness that really isn't present in any other Zelda games. You're really completely by yourself except for occasional encounters with the old man. As for Zelda 2, I haven't beaten it yet, but my memories of it so far is how hard it destroyed me and made me question my gaming abilities.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
To be honest, I'm fonder of LoZ than I am AoL. To that extent, I'd say my favorite memory is going out of order to level 4 and subsequently getting PWNED by the foes there. It was simply glorious. :)

The original Legend of Zelda never clicked with me. I prefer The Adventure of Link.

Having played Super Smash Bros. Melee prior to the NES games, entering Parapa Palace for the first time in The Adventure of Link and hearing the music remains one of my most nostalgic moments.

I regrettably did not grow up with these two NES classics (my adventures with Link started with Link's Awakening DX on the Gameboy), but that doesn't mean that I don't have plenty of fond memories of when I finally did get to experience them. The first time I played the original Legend of Zelda was on the GBA re-release. One of my best friends got the game at the same time and we had a blast playing through it. My friend had grown up with the game so he knew a lot more about it than I did. We had a lot of fun trading tips on where to find secrets and sharing our frustration with Darknuts and Wizzrobes. I have a lot of fun going back to Zelda I because I'm much better at Zelda games that I was when I first played through it and it's a fun game to try to get skilled at. It's also just a remarkable adventure that still holds up very well today.

I picked up Zelda II for the GBA as well, but I could only make it to the second dungeon before giving up. I put off playing the game for years. Finally, a different friend of mine who had recently played through the game himself advised me that it really wasn't that hard after the Death Mountain area and was actually a really great game. Well, I'm glad I listened to him because he was right! I finally got around to completing Zelda II on the Wii Virtual Console for the first time in 2011, just in time for the series' 25th anniversary and the release of Skyward Sword. The game wasn't nearly as difficult as I had thought it would be and is actually a really fun adventure that I enjoyed from start to finish. Completing the Great Palace for the first time was one of the most triumphant moments in my gaming career!

I've since played through Zelda II a second time in its original NES incarnation. It's a really underrated game that's very satisfying to play and I think more gamers should give it a shot, especially if they like good adventure games.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well I have no problem remembering these two games, I played these about 2 hears ago now simply for knowing the roots of my favourite franchise. As you can probably see from my sig I actually rate these games as thelowest on my list. I just didn't take to these games, I think the original LoZ is very simple and there was just nothing to it imo, I think it has aged very bad. AoL is a game I nust wish I could get into however the game seems to foreign and I just didn't like the switching from too down to side scrolling.

So no real problem in remembering these games and my view on LoZ and AoL may be different if I was around when tbey were first released.

I just replayed both of these games a couple of months ago. I had beaten LoZ before, but not AoL. I really enjoyed playing it. I didn't find it to be as hard as people said, but it was by no means easy. In some ways it was easier than LoZ, because they gave you clues of where to go. LoZ was all about exploring and hoping you bombed the right wall or burnt the right tree. The only thing that I really didn't like about AoL was starting back at the center palace when I died and having to walk back to whatever palace I was currently in.

Back when i played both games for the first time (in my very early years when i was still barely sentient) the music and the small pixel man moving around fields stuck with me for quite a long time and the two original Zelda games were all that i played, i remember not knowing what they were but they still enthralled me, they seemed welcoming and i remember enjoying what i saw and heard.

More recently i can see the flaws in both but im nostalgic and i just love seeing them again, theyre hard as nails, especially Zelda2 but i dont hate them, i'll never see the end of them on my own skill alone but they still are fun to revisit the origins of the franchise.

out of the two though it is Zelda2 that sticks with me more, i liked and still do like the sidescrolling aspect of things and the opening palace setting is a very special image for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom