• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Remembering Names

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I am just awful with names. i'll forget them in a heart beat if i'm not paying attention.. though if I am paying attention than i'm ok with names lol.

Big Octo

=^)
Most of the time, I can remember somebody's name pretty well. Occasionally, though, I can forget. I am not sure why, but it happens.

Thankfully, I've learned this helpful trick: If you ever forget somebody's name, kindly ask, "I'm sorry, but can I get your name again?" Don't worry if they're feeling offended when giving you their answer. After hearing the name, then ask "Sorry, I meant your last name." Now, you have both first and last names as well as the likely dispelling of offended someone.

I'm generally bad with names as well, and often have trouble remembering someone's name when I'm meeting/talking with them for the first time. I'm very much a visual learner and like to see things written down before I'm able to memorize anything. If I don't have a chance to see it in writing, when I'm talking to someone for the first time and have just learned their name, I use their name while talking to them. While talking, I'll say things like "You see, (name)," or "That's a good point, (name) but..." or something similar to that. I'll just say their name out loud while talking to them to solidify it into my memory right from the start.

Fig

The Altruist
I'm good when it comes to remembering names of people. It's all a matter of name memorization and face-identifying. Need help with remembering names? Well I have the perfect solution for you guys! Here's how it goes:

What you will want to do is first find someone you know but keep forgetting his/her name. Ask him/her what's his/her name. They will politely give you their first name, feeling a little sad that you don't know their name. Immediately, tell them that you meant to ask for their last name. Hearing this new piece of information, they will feel a little more relieved realizing that you wanted their last name in the first place, happily giving you their last name in the process. Now you know that person's first and last name! Hope you guys enjoy this amazing method on how to remember names! Enjoy! :3

Most of the time, I can remember somebody's name pretty well. Occasionally, though, I can forget. I am not sure why, but it happens.

Thankfully, I've learned this helpful trick: If you ever forget somebody's name, kindly ask, "I'm sorry, but can I get your name again?" Don't worry if they're feeling offended when giving you their answer. After hearing the name, then ask "Sorry, I meant your last name." Now, you have both first and last names as well as the likely dispelling of offended someone.

*GASP* That's I had in mind! *leaves a little saddened*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom