• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Remakes

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I've been seeing so many remakes recently, I decided to make a thread about it.

So far I have seen these:

OoT 3D
God of War: Origins (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta)
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid Collection
Resident Evil 4 HD
Starfox 64 3D
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Street Fighter 3 3rd strike
Street fighter 2
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD
God of War Collection

Of all these remakes, do any of them interest you?

Care to add more? Post what you've seen.

Last edited:

Dan

star fox 64 3D
Tomb raider Anniversary
Street fighter 3 3rd strike (xbox live ps3)
street fighter 2

Yes oot 3d does!
Not to bothered about remakes of ps2 era games since I think they look fine, however n64 and ps1 games were just getting into 3D and look very primitive , so a touch up isn't bad.

Last edited:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I've gotten Star Fox 64 3D and OoT 3D as my remakes so far (wow 2 in one year!) and I REALLY want Operation Moonfall to go through!

jugglaj91

I am me....
Remakes happen a lot. Generally with a good gap between them. I see no problems with them as I only get a couple. Also, generally speaking they come out cheaper because most of the work is already done, just needs touch ups and recoding for the new graphics/buttons. It is also good for people who missed the games first time around, or want to see what they could look like done now, the first being the main point I believe (and hope). Although it is usually a shame because remakes usually end up a bit easier or have easier ways to figure stuff out than the old run around for hours before you know what to do. One remake I would love is MGS for PS1, I know a collection is coming but they are leaving that one out (still hoping though).

Dan

Remakes happen a lot. Generally with a good gap between them. I see no problems with them as I only get a couple. Also, generally speaking they come out cheaper because most of the work is already done, just needs touch ups and recoding for the new graphics/buttons. It is also good for people who missed the games first time around, or want to see what they could look like done now, the first being the main point I believe (and hope). Although it is usually a shame because remakes usually end up a bit easier or have easier ways to figure stuff out than the old run around for hours before you know what to do. One remake I would love is MGS for PS1, I know a collection is coming but they are leaving that one out (still hoping though).

MGS has been remade for the gamecube , It's called Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Although here in the uk it can cost quite a bit £40+ used and with instructions box and disk. I imagine it's the same situration everywhere. The developer of the hd collection said the reason they didn't include the first mgs is because it would take a lot more time since it was from the ps1 era, although I don't see why they couldn't touch up the gamecube version...

One remake I'd like to own when it comes out is Final Fantasy X. I might get Resident Evil 4 and ICO & Shadow of the Colossus eventually.

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
I'm looking forward to ICO and SOTC this week - as I've never played the originals and they have always sounded amazing.
I was going to get the RE4 HD remakes until I heard the port wasn't great. I got OoT 3DS at launch and it looked great - I never played the original before so it was quite nice to experience it all for the first time.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear Solid collection interest me. I never played the original Final Fantasy X, but I heard it was really good. And a friend of mine raves about Metal Gear, so that could also be interesting.

However, I'm not sure if any of these are coming out for platforms I actually own. I wish FFX was coming to a Nintendo console, but it's probably coming to another console I don't have, so I won't play it. :(

I might have a chance of getting Metal Gear, though.

In any case, I already own Ocarina of Time 3D, mostly because it's the best game on the 3DS right now, as well as the only Zelda game.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I'm looking forward to ICO and SOTC this week - as I've never played the originals and they have always sounded amazing.
I was going to get the RE4 HD remakes until I heard the port wasn't great. I got OoT 3DS at launch and it looked great - I never played the original before so it was quite nice to experience it all for the first time.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try them too. I have the original Shadow of the Colossus but never played it. This gives me the option to try it now.

jugglaj91

I am me....
MGS has been remade for the gamecube , It's called Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Although here in the uk it can cost quite a bit £40+ used and with instructions box and disk. I imagine it's the same situration everywhere. The developer of the hd collection said the reason they didn't include the first mgs is because it would take a lot more time since it was from the ps1 era, although I don't see why they couldn't touch up the gamecube version...

Yes I know about this version, I played it as well and loved it all the same. But even still it looks a bit dated, although a lot better than the original.

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
Well I got ICO & SOTC HD today and they look really fantastic. The HD updates are great. I'm enjoying hypothesizing about the story in them both so far.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I've been seeing so many remakes recently, I decided to make a thread about it.

So far I have seen these:

OoT 3D
God of War: Origins (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta) (remastered ports)
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (remastered ports)
Metal Gear Solid Collection (remastered ports)
Resident Evil 4 HD(remastered port)
Starfox 64 3D
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Street Fighter 3 3rd strike
Street fighter 2
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy
(remastered ports)
God of War Collection (remastered ports)

Of all these remakes, do any of them interest you?

Care to add more? Post what you've seen.

I think we need to start learning the difference between a remake and a port guys.

I don't think I'd even consider Halo a remake either. And I don't even know the deal with Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I think we need to start learning the difference between a remake and a port guys.

I don't think I'd even consider Halo a remake either. And I don't even know the deal with Street Fighter.

It was a mistake. I meant to put remasters in the title. It's not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom