• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Release Now December 9th, Not the 7th...?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Spirit tracks is already out in Canada Im getting it on the weekend

No, it isn't out in Canada yet, or anywhere else in retail. The only copies currently 'out' are reviewer sample copies that aren't available to the general public.

A number of Canadian advertisements in Best Buy and Toys R US have been posting it as coming on the 9th. Either way, the earliest it will be out unless it's released early (therefore illegally) will be on Monday. It won't be available this weekend I'm afraid.

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Why would it be more expensive? There is no additional content with it.
I think it's gonna be 35-40, like every DS game.. =/

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Sometimes 1st party Nintendo titles are needlessly more expensive than other titles. So far, it is being advertised at the fairly standard DS game price though. I don't think it will break the $40 range unless a specific retailer decides to charge more, but I don't think Nintendo allows that. They are pretty strict about their pricing.

Btw, since you guys get Spirit Tracks few days before us here in Europe, hopefully you folk remember heavy use of "SPOILER" tags and such in threads and it would be nice if you didn't name your threads "Death of Linebeack" or "Link and Zelda marriage! OMG!" etc. hehe. But then again, maybe we should just stay out of Spirit Tracks section after december 7th.

But yeah, lucky you, only few days remaining!

PS. random thing i just noticed - we have 999 members at the moment. o_O

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
I think release dates are really mess up these days. Normally when people say the release day there talking about the day you buy the game, but now whenever you here a day you need to add a day for the stores to have it I was so confused when I went to Gamestop on the day the new pokemon dungeon was supposed to come out and I heard that it was shipped the next day and arrive the day after that. At Platniums release I used the same site for the release date and it was correct like many other releases. Whats wrong with release dates these days is there some kind of communication problem about the release day between Nintendo and everyone else

Kazumi

chagy
Basement? Where are you reading that it's December 9th? Because the Best Buy website begs to differ.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10125855&catid=22031#
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10125855&catid=22019
http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=245817

Those are all Canadian websites, and they advertise it as being released on the 7th of December, tomorrow, and have it listed as $39.99, the average price for a high quality Nintendo DS game in Canada. I know some people may be worried about them listing it on the shipping date, but stores like these, especially with Nintendo are really good about having it on the day of release. I've gone up to my local Gamestop a few times to purchase games on their release dates, including Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokemon Platinum, Wii Sports Resort and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, right when they open to get it, and they always have copies. So I'm confident that they will have a copy of ST when I go up there after school tomorrow. And I don't live in a big city like Toronto or Vancouver or anything that may have priority over where I live.

But, maybe not. It may do you good to call Best Buy, or wherever you're going tomorrow afternoon to see if they have a copy, and if they just got the release date mixed up, or if it really is being released on the 9th where you live.

R

rousseau1

i have stupid exams next week so i cant get it till christmas break, FEEL MY PAIN, i have been counting down the dayt to this game since i found out the release date i will die

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom