• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages Release It on the 3ds?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I certainly believe that it should be released on the 3DS. I have an old copy of one of the games, but if anything happens to it, I'll be unable to play the game. Also, I don't have another version with which to trade passwords.

I mean, think about it. They're releasing a lot of old GB/GBC games on the VC now. Link's Awakening had the same engine. It wouldn't be difficult to add it, they just have to take the time to do so. The only question that might come to mind, is whether the game was popular enough to be ported. I personally think it was, and has the potential to be more popular this time around.

Last time, it came near the end of the GBC's lifecycle and was largely overlooked because of that single fact. It did very well considering the position it was in. When I say overlooked, mind you, that still means 4 million copies worldwide. That's just small by Zelda standards, and should tell you how good it really is. I believe it sold more than enough to get a remake, if some of the games included already were worthy.

THEM

Your cows are mine!
I would hope they would release those games. They are two of the four Zelda games I have not yet played. If they released those, all I would need
to beat is MC and ST.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I have $10 in my e-shop account waiting for a good GB game to go on, and I think the oracle games would fit that bill perfectly, I hope they put them on, Because I am eager to play seasons.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I don't know about the 3ds as I have a normal DS. Makes me wonder, since oracle/ minish cap wasn't released like some other nintendo games, leaves me to question, its possible its still coming, but maybe contractual complications. After all , those 3 games were made by capcom under Nintendo licenses. Depending on the contracts, capcom might have to agree / do new contracts for the republication of the games.

I love to see them re-release the Oracle games for the 3DS. Those are two of the best games in the series. I have so many good memories with the Oracle games. Especially Oracle of Ages.:)

I don't know about the 3ds as I have a normal DS. Makes me wonder, since oracle/ minish cap wasn't released like some other nintendo games, leaves me to question, its possible its still coming, but maybe contractual complications. After all , those 3 games were made by capcom under Nintendo licenses. Depending on the contracts, capcom might have to agree / do new contracts for the republication of the games.

What I though exacly... I actually emailed nintendo asking them to do that, they said that they can't garantee, but might take it into consideration. Maybe if we show a great demand they might do it?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I believe that Nintendo should port all Zelda games made prior to the DS on the 3DS eShop. It would do Nintendo quite well, and us Zelda fans who would love another chance to play these amazing games. I'm all for it, since there is no harm in porting them over.

What I though exacly... I actually emailed nintendo asking them to do that, they said that they can't garantee, but might take it into consideration. Maybe if we show a great demand they might do it?

So the question would be how do you show the demand with out another petition. Kind of a catch 22.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I would like to have Oracles on the 3DS, but there is one thing. Even if they are GBC games, they have one unique feature - the Advance Shop. This shop was accessible only when the game was played on a GBA. Inside (small spoiler alert), it was possible to buy 3 items, each for 100 rupees - a Gasha Seed, random ring, and (most important) the GBA Time Ring (in OoA) or GBA Nature Ring (in OoS). I'm worried here, because this feature might not be available on the 3DS, making these "Advance Rings" unobtainable, because the door to the shop will be closed.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I personally believe that it's more of a "when will they release it" than "will they release it".
It's money waiting to be made and if they need to strike up some kinda deal with capcom then they will, Nintendo is a company and companies tend to like money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom