• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Relationships and a Movie

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
So hello peeps.

What are your views on if you're in a relationship, should your other be going out to the movies with a guy(if you're a girl) or a girl(if you're a guy)? Is that disrespectful?

Any thoughts?

Example: A guy friend of your girlfriend asks her to go to the movies.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've never been on a date before, but I don't think it's mandatory that you take your girlfriend/boyfriend out on a date to the movies. That's just something that's popular to do, probably because of actual movies that showed things like that. I highly doubt it's disrespectful to not take someone you're dating out to see a movie.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I think what he means is: is it disrespectful for your boyfriend/girlfriend to go out to a movie with a different girl/boy?

For me, it depends on the situation. Is he going in a group? Is this girl someone I know, or have at least heard of? What is his relationship with this girl? Did he bring it up to me on his own, in a rather carefree way?

If the answer is yes to one of more of these questions, I would no issue with it, nor do I think it's disrespectful. Sometimes a person needs to do their own thing with their own friends.

Joy

The Sexy One
You mean my partner going to the cinema alone with another person they could be attracted to?

In that case, personally it's fine, I'm not a jealous person. But I know some people would get angry or jealous if you went alone to the movies with their partner, but I just think it's silly. So if you want to go to the cinema with someone who is in a relationship already, and you think their boyfriend or girlfriend will be jealous, you should bring another person, not just go the two of you.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I fixed my post to be more understandable. To me it's disrespectful because committed relationships take some of that away, it why some people wait before being in a committed relationship with someone.

Moonstone

You mean my partner going to the cinema alone with another person they could be attracted to?

In that case, personally it's fine, I'm not a jealous person. But I know some people would get angry or jealous if you went alone to the movies with their partner, but I just think it's silly. So if you want to go to the cinema with someone who is in a relationship already, and you think their boyfriend or girlfriend will be jealous, you should bring another person, not just go the two of you.

Even better if that other person is the person's bf/gf. If you can be friends with both of them, it's completely fun and awesome, because no party has to worry about jealousy.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Even better if that other person is the person's bf/gf. If you can be friends with both of them, it's completely fun and awesome, because no party has to worry about jealousy.

It depends though, even if you both are friends. Some guys are **** blockers and some girls are *****es. It largely depends on the people involved(and if things lead to threesomes then that relationship is alrady doomed)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I think that if a couple is in a loving relationship then they trust each other enough to be able to watch a movie without their partner and not be afraid of something happening, so no I don't find it disrespectful. I go out with some of my female friends a lot to movies, coffee and food etc. My GF is never jealous and doesn't find it disrespectful, vice versa with her.

If in a relationship I don't agree that I should be super glued to my partner and become a repulsion device to all of my female single friends.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Hm, interesting. It's certainly a debatable topic and very touchy, for me at least. But you have to admit, it's how cheating happens often. It's usally with a friend...

Moonstone

(and if things lead to threesomes then that relationship is alrady doomed)

Not necessarily. I know some people who are loosely dating/living with each other, but also go out with others. They seem to enjoy it.

**Edit, also, people who are the type to cheat will cheat regardless of whether they go to a movie with someone else. Non-cheaters, the same. True, some movies will cause some feeling of excitement that may make a person seem like they want to... get romantic with someone else- but that excitement can be caused by nearly anything.

Last edited:

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Not necessarily. I know some people who are loosely dating/living with each other, but also go out with others. They seem to enjoy it.

**Edit, also, people who are the type to cheat will cheat regardless of whether they go to a movie with someone else. Non-cheaters, the same. True, some movies will cause some feeling of excitement that may make a person seem like they want to... get romantic with someone else- but that excitement can be caused by nearly anything.

Then those people are not into committing to a relationship. Who wants to see their women getting pounded by another tip? It's possible that women will always have that tip on her mind especially if the other guy is giving it better. Threesomes are not for people who want a committed relationship, it just doesn't make any sense. No guy wants to see his girl's fluids on some other guy's tip, not if he is truly in love and wants a committed relationship.

Edit, also, people who are the type to cheat will cheat regardless of whether they go to a movie with someone else. Non-cheaters, the same. True, some movies will cause some feeling of excitement that may make a person seem like they want to... get romantic with someone else- but that excitement can be caused by nearly anything.

If you don't have it in you to resist such an urge, or even if you're having that urge at all, then you should not be considering a committed relationship. Having fun and partying and doing those things are for people who do not want something committed and long term, hence why many youngsters do it.

You can be in a committed relationship and have threesomes and other kinds of sexual activities if that is what the couple is OK with. It may not be that way for you but for some people it is. I have had fantasies of sharing my partner, I doubt I'll ever do it for various reasons but it is what it is. Everyone is different. I still love her and am devoted to her.

As far as the topic, if you trust her it should be fine.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Tbh I would feel really weird if my GF was going to the movies with a different guy, thats just me though.....It also depends on how good friends she is with the guy. If they have known eachother for a while and are really good friends then it wouldn't matter as much because you know there just good friends :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom