• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Relation With Demise

Demise is destroyed twice in SS:
1) In the "present" Link's wish upon the Triforce makes the "Isle of the Goddess" descend and kill Demise.
2) In the "past" Demise is sealed in the Master Sword where his consciousness is left to decay over time.

So, Demise himself is gone. However, he says that his hatred will reincarnate (which it could likely not do while he was alive), or more correctly, that an incarnation of his hatred will always come back. Since Demise is the embodiment, and thence the incarnation of, evil, the coming incarnations of Demise's hatred are incarnations of the hatred of evil, which means that they practically are incarnations of evil. Since Aonuma said that SS would touch on why Ganondorf shows up, it seems rather apparent that Ganondorf is one of these incarnations of evil.

However, it is also possible that Demie's curse is not as much an actual curse as a mere foreshadowing of all the evil that is about to befall upon Hyrule due to the placement of the Triforce there. Consider this: Ganondorf in OoT does not want vengeance on Zelda, no, he wants the Triforce for his own sake. Does Ganondorf ever wants to battle Hylia - i.e. Zelda?

/Blue Window

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
Demise is destroyed twice in SS:
1) In the "present" Link's wish upon the Triforce makes the "Isle of the Goddess" descend and kill Demise.
2) In the "past" Demise is sealed in the Master Sword where his consciousness is left to decay over time.

So, Demise himself is gone. However, he says that his hatred will reincarnate (which it could likely not do while he was alive), or more correctly, that an incarnation of his hatred will always come back. Since Demise is the embodiment, and thence the incarnation of, evil, the coming incarnations of Demise's hatred are incarnations of the hatred of evil, which means that they practically are incarnations of evil. Since Aonuma said that SS would touch on why Ganondorf shows up, it seems rather apparent that Ganondorf is one of these incarnations of evil.

However, it is also possible that Demie's curse is not as much an actual curse as a mere foreshadowing of all the evil that is about to befall upon Hyrule due to the placement of the Triforce there. Consider this: Ganondorf in OoT does not want vengeance on Zelda, no, he wants the Triforce for his own sake. Does Ganondorf ever wants to battle Hylia - i.e. Zelda?

/Blue Window
he wasnt killed in the past, he was simply sucked into the master sword

Well No not every zelda is hylia but every zelda shares the same blood as hylia as demise said,“those like you... those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirt of the hero... they are eternally bound to this curse.”
its says the blood of the goddess so since zelda from SS is Hylia reborn then every descendant of SS zelda shares the same blood as SS zelda/Hylia.
With demise and ganon(dorf) its different they are not blood related in anyway they are two completly different people that only are conneceted through demise's curse. So you are right they are connected but they are not the same person.

My point was, that Hylia and Zelda are not same person, even Link is not the same as other Links, Ganon is not Demise, but it is different?

Originally Posted by XskywardX

he wasnt killed in the past, he was simply sucked into the master sword

Demise was sealed inside the Master Sword, where the last remnants of him are left to wither over time.

Originally Posted by SS Impa

The last remnants of Demise are decaying slowly within the sword. Someone must stay behind to watch over this blade.

/Blue Window

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
To my belief Ganondorf was reincarnated through Demise's hate and became an embodiment of that. It's said that Ganon was born into the Gerudo, supposedly for the first time; and if he is the same one in TP's and WW's times--because he is only sealed away, but escapes--then he is indeed the evil that Demise spoke of: A hatred that would keep coming back to subjugate the land, vanquish all resistance, and oppress the survivors till they could defend themselves from no more, and they passed away. Yes, Ganondorf and Demise are one in that they share the exact purpose, but no, they are not the same entities. Only Ganon formed out of Demise's hatred, his bitterness, his malice, and that simply is how he came to be.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It seems to me that Ganondorf himself isn't actually the embodiment of Demise's hatred, but rather Demise's hatred settled in him at birth. I'm pretty sure Ganondorf would have been born whether Demise's hatred played a factor with him or not. Reason being one Gerudo male is born every 100 years. My take on the subject is that, again, Demise's hatred settled in Ganondorf and is the reason why he is so evil and bent on getting the Triforce, as well as why he always comes back after each defeat.

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
To my belief Ganondorf was reincarnated through Demise's hate and became an embodiment of that. It's said that Ganon was born into the Gerudo, supposedly for the first time; and if he is the same one in TP's and WW's times--because he is only sealed away, but escapes--then he is indeed the evil that Demise spoke of: A hatred that would keep coming back to subjugate the land, vanquish all resistance, and oppress the survivors till they could defend themselves from no more, and they passed away. Yes, Ganondorf and Demise are one in that they share the exact purpose, but no, they are not the same entities. Only Ganon formed out of Demise's hatred, his bitterness, his malice, and that simply is how he came to be.
i never really thought about it that way....you make a good point

Originally Posted by JuiceJ

It seems to me that Ganondorf himself isn't actually the embodiment of Demise's hatred, but rather Demise's hatred settled in him at birth. I'm pretty sure Ganondorf would have been born whether Demise's hatred played a factor with him or not. Reason being one Gerudo male is born every 100 years. My take on the subject is that, again, Demise's hatred settled in Ganondorf and is the reason why he is so evil and bent on getting the Triforce, as well as why he always comes back after each defeat.

Even if we assume that Ganondorf is the embodiment of Demise's hatred, that would still not have to mean mean that he is born because he is that hatred, it can equally well mean that he becomws the embodiment of this hatred because someone had to become it. Or, rather: Demise only says that an incarnation will follow him, not why this incarnation wil come to be, but rather that it will be.
OoT Ganondorf wants the Triforce, originally at least, to improve the situation of his people. Thus, he fullfills the role of opposing Link and Zelda. His actions have nothing to do with Demise's hatred itself, nevertheless, he can still be an incarnation of this hatred because he fullfills the prophecy.

/Blue Window

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom