• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Relation to Zelda and Impa Harp?

Z

ZeldaScrollsV

Hey fellow gamers, first post here, I would like to know if you guys have any theorys about one possible relation between Zelda (Skyward Sword) and Impa (Ocarina of Time) harp.
:)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
NP: Is there any significance to Zelda's harp? Is it the same harp that Sheik has in Ocarina of Time?
EA: This time around, the harp comes into Link's hands during the course of the game and is used to help the player find something important. You actually need to play the harp to use it, so to speak. The design is the same as the harp that Sheik has in Ocarina of Time.
source

Aonuma admits it has the same design. I believe it's the same harp. An heirloom, like the Spirit Flute said to have been passed down from Tetra to ST-Zelda.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
There could be a relation as a family heirloom. I would not be suprised at all. Of course, though, there is no substantial evidence to prove this true.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I believe it is the same harp and was passed down through the generations along the bloodline of the goddess

Smoore

The Rational Theist
The fact that the design is identical suggests that they are the same. In the Western world, most of our products are built to be identical to the rest to cut costs and speed production. But before assembly lines and mass production, everything was done by artisans and smiths who often made their work unique and beautiful. While there are certainly more harps in the Zelda world, there are probably no two that look exactly the same—particularly a golden harp fashioned after a Loftwing.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think the Lyre Sheik uses is a homage or tribute to the one used by the Zelda who founded the Kingdom of Hyrule, since the Sheika serve the royal family.

I noticed that the harp (lyre) looked the same as well. I like to think that it is the same harp, since it is something that Zelda treasures so she would likely pass it on to her children and so on making it possible that it would eventually be in the hands of OoT zelda/shiek.

S

sammoldy

Wow, I just made the exact same connection earlier today and it got me thinking. It is said that in the timeline Ocarina of Time comes AFTER Skyward Sword and in the end of Skyward Sword Zelda says she would like to stay on the surface and who's on the surface? IMPA! So is it possible that before the Skyward Sword incarnation of Zelda passes away she gives the harp to Impa. Maybe it is also possible that the Shiekah have an extended life span, and Impa gives the harp to Sheik, which results in Shiek ending up with the harp. Alot of this stuff is a guess which is why it is a THEORY!! But it is probably one of the theories that makes the most sense. Let me know if this gets any ideas going in your brain. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom