• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Reimagining ALTTP 1 Dungeons

MW7

I feel like Nintendo needs to walk a fine line between recapturing the spirit of the original ALTTP and creating a new experience. From what I've heard people are a divided over the fact that the overworld looks like it will be heavily based on the old overworld. We know (I'm pretty sure) that the dungeons will be all new, but this doesn't prevent the possibility that the new dungeons are partly inspired by the original ALTTP dungeons. The only dungeon I've seen from the footage looks completely new, and the emphasis on moving between levels through the air reminds me more of the Palace of the Winds from Minish Cap more than anything in ALTTP. Still who knows how many dungeons there will be, and who knows what old locations could be revisited.

Personally a few dungeons I would really like to see reimagined would be Skull Woods, Ice Palace, and Ganon's Tower. Basically I would like dungeons that just borrow a couple of elements from the old dungeons but are primarily new experiences. For instance I would like to see the multiple entrances and exits of the original Skull Woods done again with all new content on the inside of the dungeon (as well as where the entrances and exits are located). What does everyone think about ALTTP 2 potentially having dungeons that are loosely based on old dungeons?

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
It looks like Link will have fourth visit in the Eastern Temple. First was in A Link to the Past, second was in Ancient Stone Tablets and third was in Four Swords Adventures.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im looking for a Skull Woods like level to be re-imagined as the OP said, i think that would be cool as hell!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would absolutely love to see some Skull Woods-esque dungeon considering the Dark World is confirmed to return. I don't know what ideas I have in mind at the moment except that I'd prefer the dungeon to be even MORE confusing to a first time player (and for Zelda veterans) than SW was.

This next one...I don't want to see the actual dungeon return but I DO want to see reinforced elements of Ganon's Tower in the final dungeon. That is to say, I want the final dungeon to be a challenge - not necessarily a final hurdle before the boss and credits screen, but as a test of your skills to see if you've understood game mechanics up to and including that point. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom