• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Region Locked

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
So I live in Canada. If I ordered Xenoblade from store.nintendo (a U.S copy of the game) It should work on my Wii right? The Wiis are locked by North America am I correct?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Go to the setup page - the one with the wrench logo and the wiiconnect24 stuff and look in the top right corner. There is a number with a letter after it. This is your firmware version and will tell you the region. U=USA NTSC, P=PAL, J=Japan NTSC

Check this to conform your worries. But i'm almost positive that Canada belongs to the NA region locks.

But i would understand why you want to confirm this...Xenoblade is an awsome game. One of the best RPG's i have ever played.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Canada and U.S.A are the same thing, only we have beavers and igloos... Wait, Xenoblade is localized?!?!

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Canada and U.S.A are the same thing, only we have beavers and igloos... Wait, Xenoblade is localized?!?!

Yep the release date of Xenoblade for US is April 2012. The bad news is, that nearly a million copies were pirated in the US. Even if Nintendo is partly to blame for this, Xenoblade does not sell well in the US region, then there is a chance that "Last Story" and "Pandora's Tower" will not be released in US.
Check this article: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/121/1215619p1.html

Alright did a late check and my Wii says "Ver. 4.3 U" That means I'm safe right?

I'm so getting the urge to tease you and just say that you have the inccorect version but... yes you are safe.
1219.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom