• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reducing Clutter - Rank Removal

Do you support these ideas?

• I fully support the ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only partially support the ideas (please elaborate in your post)

• I do not support the ideas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I can get the HK with their reputation. But why do you wanna ax the HN? Yes HN does NOTHING, neither is it a requirement to do ANYTHING.
The main purpose of the rank that its simply a Hall of Fame rank giving to people that have contributed alot of time and effort to ZD. But at the same time we have the right to meddle with staff affairs as seniors or advisors if necessary. Is it that wrong to display these people of with a just a rank? Why the unjustified hate?

Because it's just as useless as HN. I don't have any "hate" for it, I just think it's completely pointless and unnecessary.

I have been trough this in multiple threads and frankly im beggining to get pissed off to constantly repeating myself for this matter. Especialy when their argument is "they are inactive and they do nothing, so remove it". That is a requirement for HK, not HN! People often get the misconception because both names are associated with the word "Hylian". And to prevent this any further i already asked the staff to rename the damn rank.

1. The rank itself does nothing (i.e. fills no purpose) and we advocate removing it, not demoting members based on inactvity.

2. Please don't diminish our views on this just because you think we're confused. We're fully aware of the differences (such as they are) and happen to support removal of both because, as ranks, they don't actually DO anything.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Because it's just as useless as HN. I don't have any "hate" for it, I just think it's completely pointless and unnecessary.
I'm sorry, but... it's hard for people to draw any other impression when you constantly insist these ranks MUST die. You keep going on about it and you brought it up on this thread where it wasn't the issue.

1. The rank itself does nothing (i.e. fills no purpose) and we advocate removing it, not demoting members based on inactvity.
This is your opinion, not a fact. They both exist for a reason. Why do you care so much? Why are you so extremely obsessed with killing these ranks? IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU WHATSOEVER! You don't have to have anything to do with it. You don't like it, FINE. We know that. Not liking it is not a good enough reason. If you don't like it, ignore it.

2. Please don't diminish our views on this just because you think we're confused. We're fully aware of the differences (such as they are) and happen to support removal of both because, as ranks, they don't actually DO anything.
Well you have constantly been misinformed of what both ranks actually do and you have kept insisting that because you don't like it, it shouldn't exist. Something offending you doesn't mean you just get your way. We're going to need a much more solid reason than "I just don't like it." to justify anything.

Onto this thread's topic, barely any people participated in this thread. Not that many voted on it. I had no idea it existed until now. 34 people voted for it. And 16 of them were against this. Two more in the first one, in a poll that barely had any activity, is hardly enough reason to justify it as a concrete decision. This poll had THREE options, not two. You can't consider it a "landslide" on the first option because each one has to be compared to the other two combined. We need to revisit this and TALK IT OUT because a poll didn't give a definitive result. 34 people out of 414 active members voted. That is NOT involving the community.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
He has a right to his opinion on the matter Matt, and it would be nice if you could respect our opinions without hand waving us away as all misinformed.

I respect your rights to have those opinions. But they ARE misinformed. I'm sorry, that's all there is too it. No one has to "respect" anyone's opinons. They have to respect their right to have them. And no one is saying that they can't. But YOU are not respecting our right to have opinions by saying that your dislike of the knights and nobles is reason enough to remove it and that we don't have a right to correct you on any information you have wrong.

If it makes you feel better to invalidate our opinions to make your side seem better, go ahead. Every single time someone disagrees with your opinion on HKs it's because we're just flat out misinformed and wrong.

Me and Term know plenty of HKs well on here, we aren't dumb. We simply have a difference of opinion, sorry if you don't agree with it. It's just a website rank not the end of the world.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
If it makes you feel better to invalidate our opinions to make your side seem better, go ahead. Every single time someone disagrees with your opinion on HKs it's because we're just flat out misinformed and wrong.
It's not about feeling better. It's about the truth. And what is ethical. You can have your opinons. But I repeat, NOT liking the knights, or finding their existence to be offensive to you, is not a valid justification. And being offended does not entitle anyone to get their way. I have said it over and over, if you want them gone, you need to provide something a little more tangible than your opinion of dislike. Your side has absolutely refused to provide any proof and has just been demanding that you get your way "because I said so." Then stands on the moral high ground when that's not what is happening. Having a right to your opinion is not a right to tell people they can't have theirs. I never said you could have yours, I just said it's not compelling enough reason. You on the other hand have repeatedly said I shouldn't be saying you're misinformed, even though I think you are. You just strawmanned me about clamiing this was about me feeling better.

Me and Term know plenty of HKs well on here, we aren't dumb. We simply have a difference of opinion, sorry if you don't agree with it. It's just a website rank not the end of the world.
Except completely wrong information about how voting works, what internal problems it's having, and what they is constantly used as a justification to remove them. For instance, repeatedly claiming that they're super picky and judgemental and that the current voting system is too slow. You absolutely can't deny that that has been a major rationalization for this. And it is WRONG. Your feelings don't change what is really happening. People haven't been voted in because of all the hysterical anger and fear of the knights. There are very, very people WILLING to even be one.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I really don't see why this is even being discussed in the first place when there are so many more important things we could be discussing forum-wise. Things to make the forums a more fun and interesting place. Like... holiday themes and stuff. More events. What's really more important in the end.

#Checkmate Gaythiests

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Ok, Matt, riddle me this. What exactly do the HKs and HNs do?

I mean aside from giving a meaningless ego boost

See... you're not an HK. So.... you wouldn't be able to accurately say what happens in it and what it does and does not do. You have a right to your opinon of course. But you're not in a position to actually have accurate, reliable information. I can tell you that the HKs are supposed to actively promote good behavior in the community. They're supposed to have a job to participate in threads and make good examples, and to help new members learn the ropes and make friends. It's a responsibility, not a reward. One little problem with that, people like you, you keep attacking us every chance you get, and telling people how bad and evil we are, it's preventing us from actually DOING our job. We'd love to, but how can we went we are constantly slandered?

And, since I'm not a noble, I'm not going to make the mistake you have made and insist I know what it does when I am not in a position to know. It's not my place to tell SOMEONE else what THEY are doing. Because it's THEIR minds, and their own free will. Let someone like Oni answer that. Because he, unlike either of us, is in a position to be aware of what HE does.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Sorry but you don't have me convinced. And you have to come up with a better argument if you truly want to remove the HN.

The rank does fulfill its purpose. In fact the rank itself is the purpose. Besides how can you say with certainty that we do nothing huh? You have no acces to the subforum, neither do you have contact with the nobles.

I did not try to diminish your view, nor was it my intention. But if you are fully aware of the differences, then i at least i know for sure were you stand with this.

Then all i have to say is, bring it on Terminus. Just try to remove this rank.
Its not even about the rank for me. Its about that people like you showing ingratitude to the people like the HN that have worked and contibuted for so long and so hard for both the forum and the main site. But instead, you are trying to strip them away from a title that they truly deserved. If not for those people, ZD would have not been as it is today. In my eyes, thats like getting rid of mount rushmore just because people find it ugly for example.

If you think i'm just going to stand still and let this happen, you are thinking very wrong. Just try me. Even if you do manage to remove it, ill just simply revert it and bring it back. So you can suggest all you want, vote all you want, nag all you want, hate all you want.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Matt, Oni, I think I see where you're coming from. You think that the rank shouldn't be gotten rid of because it's a sign of a person who's done lots for the community, correct? However, the rank does almost nothing but give you a little more influence. Maybe instead then we make it become an award and no longer a rank? That way we can keep that sign of devotion, but also streamline our ranking system.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Matt, Oni, I think I see where you're coming from. You think that the rank shouldn't be gotten rid of because it's a sign of a person who's done lots for the community, correct? However, the rank does almost nothing but give you a little more influence. Maybe instead then we make it become an award and no longer a rank? That way we can keep that sign of devotion, but also streamline our ranking system.
No... that is not the same thing. Awards are entirely different. These ranks are NOT awards. They're responsibilities. It's not even in the same realm. The only people who seem to think it's award are people who are not part of it. Those that are in them don't think of it that way. But anyway, this thread shouldn't even be about this. It's not relevant to the issue. The knights issue has its own thread AND the solution for it that is most promising is being discussed in the Clans thread.

This one should go back to pointing out how the poll here was not conclusive and it never should have been used. Very few participated, you can't make a decision that way. We need to go over this again.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Got it.
As for the poll, you cited what sounds like the total number of users, correct? Well, how many of those users are inactive? Probably most of them. How many users would be considered active would you say?
If you can give me good numbers, I'll move to your side on this one. I'm not actually sure what that number is myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom