• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Red Steel 2

hsb39

Why so logical?
Now, I've been splitting my time very evenly between Heart Gold (amazing, love it, love it, love it) and study (not so great). However on the weekend I went to my friends house where we started Red Steel 2. That was one of our "un-intentional all nighters", we loved it. I generally don't like FPS games, but I thought this was so ridiculously well done, the balance between the gun and swordplay, a graphical style that (unlike all the main FPSs), lets you see everything, and a great use of the Wii Motion Plus.

So that's my praise, and I thought it was worth a discussion, who agrees/disagrees?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I also bought the game. One of the first games with wii motion plus and i totally love it.
I'm amazed, now this is motion control. The harder you swing, the more power you slash. It captures the swing directions very good.
Ubisoft pulled off a good job with this game.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I also bought the game. One of the first games with wii motion plus and i totally love it.
I'm amazed, now this is motion control. The harder you swing, the more power you slash. It captures the swing directions very good.
Ubisoft pulled off a good job with this game.

It's making me a bit annoyed that they are questioning the need of Wii Motion Plus, it's so great with it. I do find it kind of strange that a Western Ninja Samurai game was made by French people, it's hard to think of someone with less connection to them.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I have a feeling that people on ZD or maybe most nintendo owners underestimate this game.
I expexted this thread to be more populair. This is the same thing happened with Madworld, people didn't gave it a chance because of the black and white grapics. And now i have a feeling people think its weird to have an east and west mix with red steel 2. Well they are missing out something, because this is a "must have" game for the wii.

Oh and for the people who bought this game, these are alternative skins for your katana and basic pistol.
When you select a file, at the main menu-->go to extra's-->pre order code.
And enter the following codes:
360152 - Nihonto Hana katana
360378 - Kuro No Ken katana
370402 - Tataro pistol
360030 - Barracuda pistol

Note:

1. You can always disable the skin if you want and the katana skins only work if you have the "Sora katana" in the game.

2. Apparently you get the code by pre ordering them at Amazon or Gamestop. Gamestop gave the codes for the gun skins and Amazon for the katana's. Well guess what, its not that exclusive as we thought.
It works for every version. Its not like Ubisoft was going to make 3 altenative versions. And not to mention to split these again in 3 version of America, Europe and Japan.

I would love to buy it, mainly because the only Motion+ game I have is Wii Sports Resort, but I just don't have the money. One very important question though: would we all be satisfied if the next Zelda title used Motion+ in the same exact way when it comes to sword fighting? Because hearing all praise from the sword minigame in WSR and now the sword play in Red Steel 2 really makes me believe a first person Zelda is a very real prospect.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Well the game isn't perfect, it has some pretty weird glitches.
I googled this because i wanted to know if i had a faulty copy or if its a common bug.
I already experienced some of the glitches, some do no harm, but there are annoying glitches.

Here is what i got from a review:
We did come across a few glitches of varying nasty as we sliced our way through to the end. Every so often a crate or other fixture would disappear from sight from certain angles, and we got stuck in doors on more than one occasion. Sometimes enemies froze in place during battle and at one point failed to spawn, making us quit to the menu and restart from a checkpoint bizarrely after that fight. We also experienced a console-locking glitch during a brawl, but after unplugging the power cord and restarting the game that section flowed smoothly. The checkpoint system is good enough so that we didn't have to spend more than a minute getting back to where we were, and you may be lucky enough to not experience a console lock, but we feel these things should be noted.

So for the people who already experienced glicthes. No you do not have a faulty copy.
Ubisoft needs to hire a better debug team or something.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I have never experienced the glitches, it has worked perfectly for me. I would like to see something similar with Wii Motion Plus be done in the next Zelda when it comes to the sensor and the way you have to move, but I still think that it should stick to 3rd Person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom