• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Red & Blue Vs. FireRed & LeafGreen

Originals vs Remakes

• Red & Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FireRed & LeafGreen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I was thinking about getting one of the two but I cannot decide which is the better game. Please do not go off of nostalgia for this poll, I would just like to know which version is actually better.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
FR and LG are objectively better than RB. Better graphics, text speed, and customizability. Shoot for FR/LG.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
As much as i loved the originals you can never go wrong with remakes which speed the game up which the originals you realize are VERY slow once you play the newer ones and try to go back. Dont get me wrong the originals are still my favorites in the series (mostly nostalgia and how much more time i put into those then i ever have into the newer ones) but as far as if your trying to go back and play the games you cant go wrong with the remakes.

FireRed and LeafGreen were excellent remakes. They maintained the core of the game while refining every aspect that needed to be updated. There were also many things added to the game, especially after defeating the Elite Four, that made the remakes even more refreshing. FireRed and LeafGreen were great remakes in every way.

With that in mind, Red and Blue are timeless, classic games. They're still highly playable despite being slightly older. For their time they were superb handheld games. Red and Blue began one of today's best gaming franchises and should never be forgotten. They're true classics.

Overall, I think FireRed and LeafGreen are the better games because they improved Red and Blue without hindering anything about what made the games classics. I'll never forget my days with Red and Blue but if I had to choose a game to play I'd choose FireRed or LeafGreen.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
If you're looking for a game that's going to give you the best of the best, you're going to want to purchase either Fire Red or Leaf Green. Remakes tend to be far superior than their predecessors, and these two games would be a shining example of this. The graphics have been significantly improved, along with minor mechanics tweaked here and there that really make them stand out in the end. Plus, I'm sure LG/FR will last a little while longer than the originals. :yes:

I think you will enjoy FireRed and LeafGreen more than the originals. FireRed and LeafGreen include all the updated game mechanics that were present in Gen III, but it managed to remain true to it's original games. I think it will be more difficult to enjoy the originals than the remakes because of the massive improvements the remakes gave.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I think you will enjoy FireRed and LeafGreen more than the originals. FireRed and LeafGreen include all the updated game mechanics that were present in Gen III, but it managed to remain true to it's original games. I think it will be more difficult to enjoy the originals than the remakes because of the massive improvements the remakes gave.

Not to mention annoyance like the trapping move mechanics and freezing moves

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Fire Red and Leaf Green for sure. The originals are great, and they started the franchise, but FR/LG are better. They have much better graphics, Pokemon Sprites that are bearable to look at, many minor tweaks repaired, a female character, and a huge aftergame. If you're going for what makes a great game great, I would go with the remakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom