• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recommending Good WiiU Games

We finally got a WiiU this Feb. and have been slowly working on our new VG library. We've already got
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Shovel Knight
Bayonetta 2
Mighty No. 9

and plan on getting
StarFox Zero
WWHD
Yoshi's Wooly World
Pokken Tournament
BotW
AC Amiibo Festival
Mario Maker

What are some other great games you guys would recommend and why please? Thanks. :)

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
The Wonderful 101, definitely! It's silly, boasts a nonsensical story and it plays a bit like Pikmin but with heroes instead.

You should also look into Super Mario 3D World too, if only for its great couch co-op appeal.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Smash 4 and Rayman Origins/Legends are worth a look too (just stay away from online mode in Smash and Mario Kart because Hackers have already ruined it). I've only heard positive things about Super Mario 3D world as well.

I'm surprised Hyrule Warriors isn't on the list. I would recommend for any Zelda fan.
The 3Ds' content basically makes the Wii-U version of the game redundant tbh

Captain Toad - It's a short puzzle game. One I enjoyed a lot. The Captain Toad amiibo adds a new mode to the game. Apart from the last stage in this game, it's great. I liked it so much. Not everyone's taste though but it's wroth lookingt into.
Art Academy Atleir/Home Studio - If you want to learn how to draw it's great. I suck at it but learning to draw with the lessons here is really fun. The only downside is there is no music during the draw segments. The lessons are very good though as is the free draw canvas.
Affordable Space Adventures - One of the most unique uses of the gamepad. Digital only but it's really just that good. You have to move the ship to the end of the stage but you don't just move it. You have to deal with power levels, lights, type of thrust, it's in my opinion as much a puzzle game of working out what to do as it is an action style game.
NintendoLand - get it cheap on Ebay for like $20 and you'll have a ball with it, even if you don't have a wiimote, you can use the gamepad for about half the game's content. Not worth full price, but at $20 it's a great little collection of games. Some of them are very hard though.
Yooka-Laylee - The amazing looking platformer from Playtonic (the best of the old Rare). It's the spiritual sucessor of Banjo-Kazooie. I am sure it'll be on the eShop when it releases. If you like 3D collectathons like SM64, Banjo-Kazooie, DK64, etc etc, then you'll love Yooka-Laylee.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
pikmin 3 got a nintendo selects price drop so you can look into that,but if you haven't i recommend playing pikmin 2 first which got a wii port, there's also the shantae games like risky's revenge,pirate's curse,and the new one,half genie hero

Forgot about Treasure Tracker and Shantae. Xo

Yooka Laylee and Bloodstained are definitely on my wish list.

Hyrule Warriors doesn't really look like my kinda thing personally.

We weren't really into Pikmin.

I will hafta check out Wonderful 101 and see what that's about

We've got Smash for the 2DS and I told her there was no need for the WiiU version. Same game right?

I forgot about Rayman! We really like Origins.

I didn't like Retro's DKC take.

I will check out Nintendo Land

Affordable Space Adventures? Haven't heard of it before. Hmm.

I've been meaning to try out Xenoblade Chronicles

and I want Color Splash.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
We've got Smash for the 2DS and I told her there was no need for the WiiU version. Same game right?

Smash Bros. for Wii U is basically the same game for a bigger screen, but with a few alterations here and there. For the Wii U version, you get 8 Man Smash and Smash Run is replaced by Smash Tour, which kind of plays like Mario Party but with Miis instead.

Personally, if you have the 3DS version, I wouldn't get the Wii U version unless you wanted to play it on a bigger screen.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam

If you really can't stand having the same game twice, I'd say get rid of the 3DS version and upgrade to the Wii U version. It's just so much more enjoyable on a TV screen and a lot more comfortable to play on the gamepad/pro controller/gamecube controller. It's simply the best version of the game.

Also, I don't know how you feel about Sonic, but I'd recommend Sonic Lost World. The game was unfairly criticized for being different when it is by far the most polished and best controlling Sonic game in recent memory. Seriously underrated and easily the best modern Sonic game and just all around fun platformer.

If you really can't stand having the same game twice, I'd say get rid of the 3DS version and upgrade to the Wii U version. It's just so much more enjoyable on a TV screen and a lot more comfortable to play on the gamepad/pro controller/gamecube controller. It's simply the best version of the game.

Also, I don't know how you feel about Sonic, but I'd recommend Sonic Lost World. The game was unfairly criticized for being different when it is by far the most polished and best controlling Sonic game in recent memory. Seriously underrated and easily the best modern Sonic game and just all around fun platformer.

I like Sonic and don't listen to the haters anyway. I prefer to judge a game myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom