• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recommended 3DS Games

So liek, I recently put in an order for a 3DS. I have a bit of a problem though. Not that I can buy all the games I want right away, but I only know of a few games I want on it. Fire Emblem, OoT remake, and the Super Mario games are definitely on my "to buy" list. But what other games are good on it? Which games would you guys recommend? Discuss.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Well, as you've said, Fire Emblem: Awakening, The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, NEW Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Kart 7, and Paper Mario: Sticker Star are all decent games on 3DS…but aside from them the only other good 3DS game I can think of is Kingdom Hearts [noparse]3D:[/noparse] Dream Drop Distance, well, as far as released games go anyways. Another game that quite a few are looking forwards to is Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon which releases on the 24th, so maybe look into it and get it as well if you find it interesting.

Kid Icarus Uprising is a must have I think, it's quite a good game and I highly recommend it. The same goes for Starfox 64 3D and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
You should definitely get Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D if you want to play the remake of OoT. Of course if I was you, I would get the game you so bad first, the others can wait. I also recommend New Super Mario Bros. 2. Really fun again. I enjoyed it so much.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
New Super Mario Bros 2
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Resident Evil Revelations

Castlevania Lord of Shadows Mirror of Fate looks fantastic, and it comes out tomorrow. If you're into that, I'd get it. Otherwise, I would wait out for the Majora's Mask remake.

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Super Mario 3D Land
Tales of the Abyss
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
Kid Icarus: Uprising

All great games, in my opinion.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The first game I would recommend going out and buying is Resident Evil: Revelations. It's an absolutely amazing Survival-Horror experience with spectacular visuals and 3D. Beyond that, there's... well, every game everyone has already suggested lol.

Thanks for your input, guys! These suggestions give me a much better idea of what's actually out there for the 3DS. x]

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a highly recommend title. It includes a folding 3DS stand. An actual physical stand is included with the game. It's so useful, especially if you're playing for long periods of time. Its even useful if you're playing another game, as long as the game doesn't require motion controls.

Back to the actually game. It has a great single-player campaign and is one of the best looking 3DS games out there. The OST and dialogue is also quite good. Plus, it has online multiplayer, so the replay value is high. Get this game. You won't regret it.

Kid Icarus Uprising is a must have I think, it's quite a good game and I highly recommend it.
I was kinda interested in the Kid Icarus game, so I'm glad to hear that it's fun! I might make this my first game purchase... it's between this and Fire Emblem for me right now.

Honorable Hero

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Super Mario 3D Land
Tales of the Abyss
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
Kid Icarus: Uprising

All great games, in my opinion.
I actually didn't find Tales of the Abyss very fun on the PS2; is the DS version better? If it is, I'll be willing to give it another shot.

Castlevania Lord of Shadows Mirror of Fate looks fantastic, and it comes out tomorrow. If you're into that, I'd get it. Otherwise, I would wait out for the Majora's Mask remake.
I've always been interested in the Castlevania series, but I've never actually played one. D: Good to know that there's one on the 3DS; I'll be sure to look it up. Are they really making a Majora's Mask remake? Because that'd be pretty awesome, but that was just a rumor last I checked.

Once again, thanks for your suggestions guys!

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Fire Emblem series, but keep in mind that Fire Emblem will be a relatively slow paced game, especially compared to the crazy action of Kid Icarus. I don't know about anyone else, but I know I'm usually only in the mood for one of those types of games at a time. I'm not sure if that'll help you decide, but that's my two cents.

That being said, I would definitely lean towards Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's possibly the best in the series: the gameplay additions add some layers to the strategy; the support system works well (sort of a blend between Path of Radiance and the GBA titles if you've played those) and the quality and amount of support conversations is amazing; and it is really quite long (I've played over 20 hours, and I haven't beaten it yet or done all of the side missions) and looks like it'll have a lot of replay value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom