• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recommend your favourite video game

Our favourite video games all mean a lot to us, that's why they're our favourites.

But how would you go about recommending your favourite video game to someone who hadn't played it?

What would you mention about it first?
What would be the most important thing for you to convey about it?

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I have so many favourites, but I'll just choose two.

Fallout New Vegas
This game has some of the best design in every respect, and it has some despite being nearly a decade old, it has the amazing ability to immerse you in its world. It can often feel like a living breathing world, with some great world-building and lore only made greater with some killer character writing. This immersion, with writing, makes you really feel as if you're changing the world, little by little, shaping it through your choices.

NieR: Automata
This game has one of the best scores of anything I've ever heard. Beyond that, Nier has some of the most beautiful settings in anything I've ever seen. It's picturesque, but it immerses you in a different way from New Vegas, instead making you an outsider, immersing you in a world you ultimately cannot change. It's got some greater scale and dramatic weight to it because of this, and it's great.

(edit: i just realized that i didnt put any actual descriptions of the game, but rest assured, after i finished talking about how these games made me feel, i would totally actually tell them what the games were about :P )

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
DOOM:

This is a series made by men for men. It's rated M not for the blood and guts in copious quantities, but for its manliness. You literally shoot demons in the face that rudely placed themselves between you and the exit. There's some douche spouting on about where they came from, why they're harvesting the energy of their realm, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is demons invaded, demons are evil, and thus, must be exterminated.

WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT:

You hunt monsters that are wreaking havoc with farmers and local yokels. They may hate you for it, but hey, it ain't the prettiest job, but somebody's gotta do it. Complex story, gorgeous visuals, and you play as a superhuman that hunts monsters.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK:

Some little bastard stole a mask possessed by a demon and wreaked havoc on the people of Termina. Link, being the quiet, precocious, yet noble soul that he is, took it upon himself to fix all of their problems. Becomes a god in the process.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is about absolutely nothing. You're link, you have a sword. You're in this giant world called Hyrule. Go ape****. Set stuff on fire just because you can. Take a horse, name it after the latest crush who ditched you for a renovated sink and push some trolls down a coliseum.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is about absolutely nothing. You're link, you have a sword. You're in this giant world called Hyrule. Go ape****. Set stuff on fire just because you can. Take a horse, name it after the latest crush who ditched you for a renovated sink and push some trolls down a coliseum.
11/10 Quality description.

Despite my favorite game being The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I just have to go with Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

The battle mechanics is where it's at in this game, and the story is top-notch. Not only that, depending on how lucky you are, every playthrough will be different. From random Badge drops from enemies, to the different styles of gameplay anyone could choose to fit their Style.

It's really a fun game overall. The characters each have a life to their own, and the story is very dark once you get into it.

I can't recommend this game enough.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Despite my favorite game being The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I just have to go with Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

The battle mechanics is where it's at in this game, and the story is top-notch. Not only that, depending on how lucky you are, every playthrough will be different. From random Badge drops from enemies, to the different styles of gameplay anyone could choose to fit their Style.

It's really a fun game overall. The characters each have a life to their own, and the story is very dark once you get into it.

I can't recommend this game enough.
honestly my pitch would just be "it's a Mario game w/ a story"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom