• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recommend me a new laptop.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hey, guys. I'm really struggling doing my own research here because I'm very unfamiliar with this kind of thing, so I thought I might as well ask. My current laptop is old and close to biting the dust. I need to replace it, and I'm planning on getting a new one around Christmas. Here's the thing, though; I want one that can run Monster Hunter World. I've never played it, and I figure since I need a new one anyway, I might as well get one that can run it. So, what I need is a laptop that either meets or surpasses these specs:

958b8f97ab.png

And I would prefer not to spend over $700 on it. I've been seeing a lot that are $1200 and up and that is an absolute no. The highest I'll go, maybe, would be closer to $900, but that's pushing my budget. Keep in mind that this is probably the only game I will play on this laptop aside from small games like, say, Ys. I'm not here to get into PC gaming. I just want MHW. And I don't want to build my own PC and I don't want a desktop. I want a laptop.

So, with all that info, have you guys got any recommendations for me? I'm gonna keep doing my own research, but I could use a few pointers.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
For a gaming laptop, it gets kinda tricky, as laptop parts aren't designed for raw performance, they're designed to be power efficient, because they get their power from a battery.

So in terms of a good, solid gaming laptop I would suggest the Asus ZX53VW, as it's a good price to performance contender.

I still recommend to build a desktop, as you get much better price to performance that way, but that laptop is what I'd suggest.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Couldn't really find anything myself but some general advice tho is go for Asus or Lenovo.
Dell, and HP are ok but try to avoid toshiba and acer. In terms of processors
Atom≤Celron<Pentium<i3<i5<i7
Shoot for at least i5 just for anything including gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom