• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Reclaiming Bases in HWL

TGM

Hello everyone,

I recently got Hyrule Warriors: Legends, and I find it very frustrating. Could someone please tell me how to reclaim a base in Adventure Mode. It says that a base is in peril, and I go over to fight, and the health bar does not move.

Thanks!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Keeps recover their gauge on their own once enemies have been expelled from it. The only way to raise the meter yourself is to use the My Fairy rental skill "Repair Technician". Otherwise, you have to drive out all the enemies from it and then just wait. Sometimes the best way to save them is to let them get taken and just retake them yourself afterwards. Of course, you can't do that if it's the Allied Base, though. Defending it until all the enemies are driven out is the only option besides the rental skill in that case.

TGM

Otherwise, you have to drive out all the enemies from it and then just wait. Sometimes the best way to save them is to let them get taken and just retake them yourself afterwards.

So, do I have to kill all of them, or just the major ones + the places outside of the keeps (the ones with the diamonds). It seems like the enemies go away when I overtake them.

I sound like an idiot, I know. If you ask me about any of the N64 or Gamecube games, I could tell you everything you need to know.

Thanks!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The enemy captains are definitely the priority targets, they can do the most damage. It's better to take them out first, and then clean up any groups of the smaller ones since they can be dangerous in numbers to your soldiers. The diamonds are outposts, and they can keep spawning enemies in that area, so taking them can be helpful.

It's fine, you said you just got it, right? It's a lot of fun and there's so much content in the adventure maps, so once you learn the ropes you'll be a beast.

TGM

The enemy captains are definitely the priority targets, they can do the most damage. It's better to take them out first, and then clean up any groups of the smaller ones since they can be dangerous in numbers to your soldiers. The diamonds are outposts, and they can keep spawning enemies in that area, so taking them can be helpful.

It's fine, you said you just got it, right? It's a lot of fun and there's so much content in the adventure maps, so once you learn the ropes you'll be a beast.

One more question, how do I get new items? Or do I just play through the story mode? Can I buy them with rupees?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
One more question, how do I get new items? Or do I just play through the story mode? Can I buy them with rupees?
You find some weapons in story mode, but most of them are hidden in the adventure maps. Unfortunately, you can't buy them. You can transfer weapon skills to stronger weapons to make better weapons, though.

TGM

You find some weapons in story mode, but most of them are hidden in the adventure maps. Unfortunately, you can't buy them. You can transfer weapon skills to stronger weapons to make better weapons, though.
What do I do with rupees then?

And I feel like I should pay you ZD rupees (even though I have no idea what they do either)

Lol

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
What do I do with rupees then?

And I feel like I should pay you ZD rupees (even though I have no idea what they do either)

Lol
Lol, you don't have to do that.

It costs rupees to transfer these skills, and you need rupees along with materials to make badges that make your attack combos and defenses better. You can also spend rupees to level up your characters, but that's really expensive and you can only do it up to the level of your highest-leveled character. That's good for getting the lower-leveled characters caught up.

TGM

Lol, you don't have to do that.

It costs rupees to transfer these skills, and you need rupees along with materials to make badges that make your attack combos and defenses better. You can also spend rupees to level up your characters, but that's really expensive and you can only do it up to the level of your highest-leveled character. That's good for getting the lower-leveled characters caught up.
Thank you so much!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yeah the bases can be a real pain. Sometimes you feel like your guys do nothing at all. The best thing to do is to check your info and see where the main commanders like lizalfos, dinolfos etc are. Take out those. You can always check on your info how many are left. Take out summoners immidiatly. Also work on the outposts captains near a base. They keep on spawning small grunts. Take them out and usually you can leave the small grunts alone unless there are like 100 in a base. Just kill most of them off. Remem,ber the most important base is the allied base. Usually I don't bother about the other bases except for the allied base.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh for the KO count I always take as many keeps as possible to get the needed counts. And usually I take the bases close to the allied base so at least I know there is nothing to worry about. Plus you need to take some bases because of the skulltula. But often I rush through it to finish the level as soon as possible and open other squares. Then I return a bit later to get the necessary ranks/items.

Something I like to do is if I see my base or the "allied" commander getting inundated with monsters, is I'll let off a fairy nuke around them. (Make sure the fairy is leveled up and they will either heal over time, debuff enemies, or damage over time within a large area of effect.)

This is a good way to protect your base if you simply cannot be there yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom