• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recent games that are nostalgic for you

Hard to be nostalgic for anything so recent. Maybe Monster Hunter 3U and the Wii U in general. Moreso just nostalgia for my life at the time than for the games themselves. Although the time around Mario Maker's release was pretty cool, because there was such a craze for that game that the second one couldn't seem to replicate despite being better.

Not a game, but I'm sure all of us are nostalgic for pre-pandemic days.

Well... Hollow Knight definitely. There's a lot of room in the layers and layers of atmosphere to catch pieces of nostalgia. Entering the City for the first time each playthrough will always be as incredible as it was in my first playthrough and for those brief few moments, it's my first playthrough all over again.

Breath of the Wild can make me a little nostalgic at times already too, depending on what I'm doing or observing. Its atmosphere didn't remain as intact to how I felt it to be in my first playthrough like Hollow Knight though. The "freshness" of the Sheikah tech kind of wore off.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Splatoon. The shift from playing on the WiiU to the Switch makes me miss the WiiU sometimes. I liked having the map on the gamepad, being able to use inkstrike by tapping on the gamepad, jumping to people using it, etc. It was just so convenient. I also miss some of the maps that didn't make it to 2 like Mahi Mahi Resort and Flounder Heights.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
actually the other week, I played a level of donkey kong country returns 3d on a whim and I got weirdly nostalgic and wanted to play more, but had to put it down for stuff I needed to do, the feeling was a bit unexpected

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Fire Emblem: Awakening is one that comes to mind, for being my first FE game, despite only having played it for the first time in early 2020. First played Rune Factory 4 around the same time too.

Breath of the Wild is another. I have a lot of good memories of my first time exploring all Hyrule had to offer in late 2019-early 2020.

TL The Legend

Likes OoT way more than he should.
Metroid Dread's whole intro and the "beat bosses, get your powers back" idea gives me so much nostalgia for Fusion. Although I didn't grow up playing the GBA (i came a few years late for that) it still remains one of my favorite consoles ever (after all, it does have my favorite Pokemon game, Metroid game and one of the best Mario games, aka the SMB3 GBA remake). I really loved the GBA so it just brought back memories. (and the part where you release the X is even more nostalgia)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Probably Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Red Dead Redemption II. It's strange, but I've spent good chunks of the year over the years with these games alone. Got so immersed in their worlds and captivated by their charm that when it was over, I was just left with this overwhelming feeling of emptiness. Like, I wasn't ready to move on that picking another game to play just didn't feel right because no matter what, I wanted to go back to those worlds. Even now, I look back at those times, as recent as they may be, and I can't help but feel nostalgia for those days.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The original Super Mario Maker. I miss the amiibo costumes in the second game. They added so much personality to levels and made them feel more authentic if someone was trying to create a level that gave vibes from a different franchise. Playing a Metroidvania level as Samus better sold the experience.
You can't use Amiibo in SMM2? That really hurts my chances of getting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom