• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recalibration Help

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Hey. Any tips on how to make the motion controls work as good as possible? For me, it seems I need to recalibrate it every 30 minutes. Also, the throwing and rolling seems kinda glitchy, as if it can't make up it's mind that I'm trying to throw or roll. Any help, please :rolleyes: The game is awesome, btw :)

on the recalibrating, try to put the wii remote pointing at the middle of the screen everytime you start dowsing/open a menu/ use an Item that uses pointing, this will make it much easier
on the bomb part, try to sit in a chair where you have your arms free when playing, since this will make your arms much freeer, if this doesw not help I don't know what to do.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Is there a certain way to throw/roll? Like maybe hold the wiimote at more than 90 degrees?

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
make sure you're holding the controller straight up and down when you want to throw bombs, I had the same issue.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Regarding bombs ~
When you want to roll or throw a bomb, you simply move the remote in the corresponding direction. If you want to throw a bomb, hold the Wii Remote Plus in the air and swing down. If you want to just set the bomb down, hold the Wii Remote in front of you (like you're stabbing) and press A. If you want to roll the bomb, point the Wii Remote at the ground and swing upward.

As for re-calibrating, just holding your remote straight up/performing a Skyward Strike should fix your problem. If not, you can simply press C, point at the center of the screen, and press down on the d-pad to re-calibrate. :yes:

Note to self, make sprites of the different buttons. XD

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I'm having trouble with the slingshot, do I hold it up like a stick, vertically, or point at the screen? Also, if I have to hold the WM vertically, do I hold it before I activate the slingshot? I've seen some people do that but I just don't know which one is right.

Hold it vertically, or point?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I do have a tip on rolling bombs, actually. You want to turn the Wiimote so that the infrared sensor faces the ground, let it rest by your side, and then pull it back behind you, as if you were getting ready to lob a bowling ball down the alley. If you've ever played the bowling game in Wii Sports, it's a lot like that.

To throw a bomb, just hold the remote up, position yourself so the blue arrow faces where you want to throw, and then flick your wrist forward.

As far as recalibration... that I haven't perfected. With aimed weapons I usually have to do this every time I draw them, but my sword never really seems to need recalibration unless I calibrated it incorrectly in the first place. Make sure you're putting it on a flat surface and not touching the control stick on boot-up, I suppose?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A bit different of a comment, but I'd suggest using the sensor bar over not using it. For me, it was way more on-target and therefore less frustrating to control things. Just know that with things like the Beetle, Slingshot, and 1st person to point the remote at the center of the screen (no matter if you use the sensor bar or not) before you do so. Otherwise you will need to press down on the D-pad to recenter the cursor properly. It reads wherever the remote was pointing when 1st person mode or whatever was activated as center, so just be aware of that. It's nothing tedious, it just saves a slight bit of trouble.

Also. Don't swing the remote hard and/or make to quick of cuts to the right/left or up/down before swinging the opposite direction. This can cause the sword to swing in the opposite direction. Even though the hit can still land and kill the foe, it can also do quite the opposite, which can lead to frustration. Make the movements light-ish and fluent. Hope all that helped! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom