• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reasons This Game is Not a 10/10

Being a Zelda staple is certainly not an excuse. People saying that are just blinded by fanboyism.

But alot of these are just YOUR personal critiques. I mean, how the hell does the low health ringing sound prevent the game from being a 10/10?

I know what you were trying to do. You wanted to prove a point. A game doesn't need a 10/10 to be great. It can have flaws and still be fun. And just because we've waited so long and really want the game, doesn't mean that we should overlook flaws so that, in our eyes, the game can match our high expectations.

You just went about it the wrong way. A list of subjective annoyances has no bearance on the quality of the game to anyone but yourself. And honestly, it seems like you really had to dig to come up with some of these.

So you had good intentions, but they got lost in translation.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
GearHim - How are these things nitpicks if they are all annoying and need to be fixed and addressed? At what point is something a "real" flaw instead of a "nitpick"?
They're nitpicks because they don't really take away anything major from the game experience. Just because they're "annoying" doesn't affect the gameplay at all, and most of them wouldn't even annoy most people.
It is a "real" flaw when it causes the gameplay to be worse than it would be, and isn't just "annoying", which is your personal opinion.

And no, I'm not bashing your opinion, so don't say otherwise.
Crash - Starting out with 3/6 hearts... All I can say is get better. If they gave you full health after you died it'd be too easy. This is incentive to better your own personal skills and not to die because there are repercussions. You can take precautions against dying with potions and fairies, you have to strategize and realize the extent of your skill and plan accordingly until you do get better to the point where you don't have to bring things with you to keep you alive. If you don't like dying, get better, that's all I can say.

I can't believe I didn't think of that! :P

its not like there was an half hours cutscene before the boss, it isn`t really a problem to watch a 30 sec cutscene at each death

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
There are plenty of potential reasons that this game would not deserve a perfect score. The problem here is that the reasons YOU listed are either invalid or based on opinion.

you have quoted perfectly what i wanted to say to this guy. and a ' zelda thing' isn't the excuse, its the part of the game, and always has been, so it's either a staple or its liked by someone other than you. name a substantial flaw and i'll see if i agree

G

glaceer

For your info, ALL the cutscenes are skippable throughout hero mode ;)

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
Many of the things that were mentioned are just things you accept when you play zelda. The beeping sound and how you start with six hearts are examples of this and come on, in the older games you only had three after you died. Also with the Sheikah Stone, I mean really the other games didn't even have any help with the puzzles. The only thing that may bother me is the unskipable cutscenes and that's not that bad.

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
So I just wanna throw in my own two cents here. I personally like the cut scenes, but sometimes I do get tired of reading the dialog.

I think the controls will take a bit of getting used to, but I don't see any big issues with it.

Having to run back and forth to the same place can be annoying, but its all part of the journey.

I don't think that Zelda needs voice acting really. I like my Zelda plain and simple (sometimes).

Also the beeping sound, I don't really notice it after a while and its kinda in every game (I think) so you should be pretty used to it by now.

I'll wait until I play the game to rate it myself, but as of right now I'm looking at a 9/10 on my personal scale, (Which will most likely go to a 10/10 once I play the game)

My only problem with it though would be that Link doesn't wear tights. Sorry, but I'm a fangirl, and I like my hero in tights :yes: :D

While the nitpicks do still annoy me (including no voice acting) I am quite impressed that the game has made me cry once despite being only text. That is very hard for a video game to do. Books? Sure, because words are all books have. But video games that are attempting to be cinematic MUST have voice acting. And yet... the part that effectively "begins" the third part of the game, in the Sealed Grounds, made me cry. Not the part that everyone's been quoting ("I'm still your Zelda?" honestly, THAT part got to people? >_>) but the thing she says RIGHT after that. So cute and heartbreaking.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the best Zelda game of all time (even moreso than when I first made the topic) and anyone who disagrees is likely blinded by some HEAVY doses of nostalgia.

Going back to faron woods is NOT backtracking, it works better then revisit field areas in TP, for instance. The overworld areas are like field areas in previous games, and backtrack on them feels fresh.

Go back to dungeons felt bad, but took me literally 20 minutes to go through Skyview again, and I didn't even had to prepare. 20 minutes in a 35h+ game...

I'm in the Ancient Cistern right now. So far it's a 10/10 w/o fanboyism, since that even with flaws TLoZ has a much richer formula than other games, and delivers truly a complete adventure, and this alone gives it a lot of credits.

---

I'm still ok with no voice acting, it's a ludic touch and a distinction, a convenient ludic touch, but still retain some magic to the game.

My god, since when have people become so lazy and don't want to read a bigger chunk of dialogue, which by the way is already very limited in a game and is by far one of the more interesting parts of story-telling? Especially if it's done with that much care in Skyward Sword?

now i havent played the game but on this website i was reading something about whenever you play a certain song on the harp near a bunch of butterflies a sheika stone comes out of the ground

My god, since when have people become so lazy and don't want to read a bigger chunk of dialogue, which by the way is already very limited in a game and is by far one of the more interesting parts of story-telling? Especially if it's done with that much care in Skyward Sword?

I'm not lazy. I love to read. But a game in 2011 should really, really have voice acting.

I'm not disagreeing about the voice acting, but if you love to read why are you skipping dialogue? I wouldn't call it lazy, but it does show impatience.

I'm not disagreeing about the voice acting, but if you love to read why are you skipping dialogue? I wouldn't call it lazy, but it does show impatience.

I'm not skipping dialogue. I want the ability to speed it up. The scrolling speed is so slow and there is no way to make it go faster. I've read the words before the next words are up, so it's like I'm listening to some third grader who doesn't know how to read. "the... dog... is.. r.. e.. d.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom