• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reasons This Game is Not a 10/10

1. Unskippable cutscenes

1. Wants to skip cutscenes when almost everybody is saying that this is the most stunning visual Zelda yet?

2. Dialogue that cannot be skipped through

2. Again, why would you want to skip the dialogue? What if you're at a really important part, and you accidentally skip through the dialogue?

3. Only one Sheikah Stone in the entire game, sucks if you're stuck on a puzzle and need to go all the way back to Skyloft

3. Nintendo puts nearly everything in Zelda in the game for a reason. They think that if you're truly stumped on a part, then you should abandon what you're doing to go back to Skyloft. As Newton would say: "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction."

4. Motion controls need to be very precise, wonderful when they work but there have been quite a few moments where I end up striking in a diagonal direction instead of horizontal or vertical

4. I have heard that this is a problem that many people have encountered. For me, I hope it's not the motion controls, but response time will be an issue (for me). My TV has a natural lag that can't be repaired, so...

5. Silent Realm is a missed opportunity, there isn't much of any threat here, but there should have been

5. What about the guardians? This is MUCH better than Twilight Princess' Silent Realm. In this one, you have a time limit, and watchers that eradicate the time you have left if they see you, where as in Twilight Princess, you just run around and collect the tears.

6. No voice acting

6. Who needs it? Dialogue has been with the series for 25 years, so why change it?

7. Still starts you with 6 hearts after you die, even when many save points have a chair near them (sitting in a chair slowly replenishes hearts) so whats even the point of not just starting you at full health, is this hard to program or something

7. They probably put the chairs there to replenish your life BEFORE you save, so you'll always start with full health (if you sit down to rest).

8. that FREAKING STUPID beeeping sound when you're low on hearts is still here

8. Again, that's another thing that's been with the series forever, so why change? (I know they made you start the game with 6 hearts, but fans wanted a more challenging Zelda game. This is another trade-off to introduce some new things to the Zelda series.)

With everything this game has shown so far, my personal grade for it is 9.8/10. The game looks great, but a few gimmicks here and there is what's bringing it down the 2%

Last edited:
There is a difference between Sheikah Stones and Gossip Stones.

Also it's weird how many people are forgiving starting with 6 hearts for no good reason. It's never made sense.

Another flaw I've found in the Tentalus battle: the skyward strike is annoying to activate, you really have to hold it high above your head and that's not fun

Another nitpick: when knocked back and you get back up, your shield goes up automatically. this is stupid because when your shield is up, you can't adjust your sword's position. you need to disengage and then re-engage z-targeting to use your sword properly again.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There is a difference between Sheikah Stones and Gossip Stones.

We know.

Also it's weird how many people are forgiving starting with 6 hearts for no good reason. It's never made sense.

Are you saying 6 hearts to begin the game was a bad move? Dude, almost every enemy takes off one heart per hit. If the game started with 3 hearts, we'd die way too much. Plus, the overworld would be crowded with too many Pieces of Heart. It was a very wise move to start with 6 and is not worth complaining about.

Another flaw I've found in the Tentalus battle: the skyward strike is annoying to activate, you really have to hold it high above your head and that's not fun

Pointless complaint. It's not any more annoying than the old style of charging the Spin Attack.

Another nitpick: when knocked back and you get back up, your shield goes up automatically. this is stupid because when your shield is up, you can't adjust your sword's position. you need to disengage and then re-engage z-targeting to use your sword properly again.

Then let go of the Z button once you get knocked down. It's not hard to think of.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
GearHim - Also it's weird how many people are forgiving starting with 6 hearts for no good reason. It's never made sense.

Does it have to have some sort of reason for being six hearts? It's just how it is. It's not like there should be some kind of story element behind why you re-spawn with SIX hearts and not SOME OTHER AMOUNT of hearts.

Yeah, you kinda have to do that to charge the attack. Or are you too lazy to lift you're arm that high? Perhaps you should only have to raise it at a 90 degree angle. That way you wouldn't have to put in the extra effort.
It's called the SKYWARD Strike for a reason. You raise it towards the sky. Otherwise it would be called the Somewhere Over There Strike, which has a less-appealing ring to it. Also, nice job spoiling the name of the boss for me. :(
You just admitted that these are just nitpicks and not reasons.

I'm sorry, but once again just more nitpicks. Sorry if I come off as rude, but I hate it when people hate on a game for bad reasons.

Last edited:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
1) big whoop. Ya might miss something important.

2) meh. I can still sit through WW and OoT's dialogue. This probably wont bother me.

3) man up and figure the puzzle out by yourself. from the original LoZ through probably OoT there wasnt much you could do if you got stuck, so you figured it out yourself.

4) the controls were the one thing that scared me, but every review said they worked fine except for you and gamespot. -_-

5) can't say much on this yet. but the thought of being killed in one swipe does scare me a bit and make me wonder why you say no danger. either you're an "expert" or its easy to not get caught and find the tears.

6) omfg. will people stop complaining about this? the zelda series is great the way it is,always getting better, and i don't think voice acting is going to improve it significantly anyway.

7) i dont understand you. but what from i do understand i think youre complaining about nothing.

8) kinda agree with you that the beeping is a bit annoying, but TP's was better sounding than OoT and MM's. this doesn't at all keep a game from being a 10/10 in my opinion.

Now i'm assuming you played the game and judged it, and i guess those things are what kept it from being a 10/10 for you. but none of the things you stated bother me so much to keep me from thinking the game is astounding or a 10/10. so unless i really find something wrong with the game you haven't stated, it looks like this game will be a 100/100 for me! =D

Last edited:
Are you saying 6 hearts to begin the game was a bad move? Dude, almost every enemy takes off one heart per hit. If the game started with 3 hearts, we'd die way too much. Plus, the overworld would be crowded with too many Pieces of Heart. It was a very wise move to start with 6 and is not worth complaining about.

Pointless complaint. It's not any more annoying than the old style of charging the Spin Attack.

Then let go of the Z button once you get knocked down. It's not hard to think of.

.. what. Lord, your reading comprehension is.. well, non-existent.

1. I am saying it is terrible that we start with six hearts when we die. This happened with older games, too. When we got a game over, we'd start back with 3 hearts instead of full health, for no good reason. There is no real reason to have to "build back up" health.

2. Uh, no. Spin attack was only a button press, didn't require you holding the controller above your head. ....unless you did, I guess that's "cute."

3. Why should I have to do that? I didn't ask for the shield to be used, so why would it be brought out?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
1. I am saying it is terrible that we start with six hearts when we die. This happened with older games, too. When we got a game over, we'd start back with 3 hearts instead of full health, for no good reason. There is no real reason to have to "build back up" health.

2. Uh, no. Spin attack was only a button press, didn't require you holding the controller above your head. ....unless you did, I guess that's "cute."

3. Why should I have to do that? I didn't ask for the shield to be used, so why would it be brought out?

1: You are lazy if you can't get over that fact that you have to walk over to a chair and sit down to gain health.

2: Oh, no! You wouldn't want to sprain you're arm when raising the controller now would you! And also, wow, now you're resorting to insult? That's "cool".

3: Maybe because you're still holding the Z-button. And you can ask your shield to be used? That's awesome! :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
.. what. Lord, your reading comprehension is.. well, non-existent.

Yeah, insult people. That's really going to get you places on the forums. :dry:

Ohhhh, right. I didn't read that one right. Eh, I still don't see why that's a complaint. It's a little annoying, sure, but it's nothing worth dwelling on.

You don't think I know that? I'm making an analogy.

Why? I don't know, maybe to avoid the frustration you described? Instead of dwelling on it, do something to fix the "problem."

R

Raphael

*sigh*

I don't know if you have heard, but Skyward Sword has gotten over 10 perfect scores from some of the giggest names in the buisness, including IGN and Famitsu. Therefore, you saying that this game isn't a 10 on 10 is your opinion, one which isn't felt by some people which are much more important than you...

I like this game but I've also noticed some things:

1. The music is far from the epicness of any others. And for this game to be a big reveal of someone's origins, the music is pretty boring. ESPECIALLY the boss music.

2. Half of the bosses suck. Did Dreamworks make this or something? Because half of the bosses look like they come from Monsters Inc. xD.

3. Smaller bosses move entirely too slow. It's like they want you to kill them. They just stand there and let you hit at them and throw out soon to be predictable attacks.

4. Some of the regular enemy models look out of place and look like they don't really belong in the same game. Same for some of the environments.

5. They coulda had voice overs at least during key scenes. I wouldn't mind if the bosses that can talk would talk trash to you while you're fighting them. Ya can't say that this is part of it's franchise because every game had you reading with small noises coming from it back in the pre-PS2 days. Nintendo could at least get with the times a little bit.
Full speech voice acting worries don't even matter anymore considering most of the characters aren't consistent in the franchise.

What I do like about this game consists of:

1. I love the stamina gauge. Makes things more realistic. I wouldn't have minded non-Master Swords to have a meter as well.

2. I love the running up walls and running in general.

3. I love the sword controls.

4. I love the human graphics.

All in all, I'd give it a 7.8 out of 10.

Last edited:
Man, it is astounding how fanboys will defend something they've not even played. I'm not even saying the game is BAD, this is the best Zelda game ever made, and yet it is still not a 10/10. It's gonna be amusing if when the game is released you guys end up having some of the same complaints, but refused to believe they were true because "oh noooo, my precious perfect Zelda!"

It's a great game, I'm just saying it is not a 10/10

Austin

Austin
Everyone calm down, this thread is getting derailed. Both sides need to be more polite. I don't want to have to close this thread.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
1. Unskippable cutscenes
2. Dialogue that cannot be skipped through
3. Only one Sheikah Stone in the entire game, sucks if you're stuck on a puzzle and need to go all the way back to Skyloft
4. Motion controls need to be very precise, wonderful when they work but there have been quite a few moments where I end up striking in a diagonal direction instead of horizontal or vertical
5. Silent Realm is a missed opportunity, there isn't much of any threat here, but there should have been
6. No voice acting
7. Still starts you with 6 hearts after you die, even when many save points have a chair near them (sitting in a chair slowly replenishes hearts) so whats even the point of not just starting you at full health, is this hard to program or something
8. that FREAKING STUPID beeeping sound when you're low on hearts is still here

Granted, I'd still say this is a 9/10 and the best Zelda to date, but a 10/10 is taking the fanboyism too far. Zelda is more of a "dependably good" series.. none of the games are perfect in any way, but you know they'll never be bad, either. Lanayru Province in particular is some of the most clever stuff you'll ever find in a Zelda game.

These aren't flaws, but more of your own nitpicks about the game. Some of them are very invalid such as: "the Silent Realm is a missed opportunity, how it isn't a threat."
The SR is more of a test than actually a threat. And voice acting isn't needed to perfect a game. Some games have great quality looks and characters, but the voices are straight up horrible (some FF games and RPG games).

(some FF games and RPG games).

The only FF game character in which I found the sound was unbearable was Brother from FF X-2. His whole character was terrible. Or when they changed Roger Bacon and Joachim's voice on Shadow Hearts 3, that was a little annoying but managable. But from any other game, everything seems on point to me. Nintendo shouldn't be scared to add the voices. They've had a long track record of gaming. They should know what they make by now, if a voice will sound good or not (although I still prefer the cartoon mario's voice over the game's ~ but it's still funny xD ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom