• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Reason for Ghirahim's Blackness

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That text dump was just BEGGING to be read over. Naturally, I look for anything related to Hylia (I hear a certain someone does a certain something and is related to ANOTHER certain someone), Demise (don't even need to explain), and Her...Zelda.

The dump I do not believe mentions anything related to Ghirahim growing increasingly cracked [for lack of better descriptor]. All that we can assume prior to the text dump or actually playing the game is that he is getting stronger, right?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ehh...it's rather cool that Ghirahim is in fact the blade of Demise, and having read the ending of SS I think it'll be a rather fitting end to Ghirahim himself, but something itches at me that his transformation is sorta forced. I can't describe what I'm trying to say.

I know exactly what you're trying to say. However, only the text has been read. When the real game is played, I'm sure it will be a bit better. I'm just hoping I'm not emotionally disappointed for the missed opportunities about the Dark Tribe and backstory of the Sheikah that appear to not be occurring.

Spoilers:

What I find unusual about it, is that when Ghirahim revives Demise, Demise basically stuns him (like any badass villian would do after being revived, kill the person who revived you), then pulls the sword out of Ghirahim. It's not like he just transforms into the sword, but rather the sword is in him, THEN Ghirahim is absorbed into the sword and is gone for the rest of the game.

I dunno. I find it rather strange.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Spoilers:

What I find unusual about it, is that when Ghirahim revives Demise, Demise basically stuns him (like any badass villian would do after being revived, kill the person who revived you), then pulls the sword out of Ghirahim. It's not like he just transforms into the sword, but rather the sword is in him, THEN Ghirahim is absorbed into the sword and is gone for the rest of the game.

I dunno. I find it rather strange.

So he's just another Cole, huh? Well, that's pretty disappointing. I really hope I'm not insanely disappointed with the ending of Skyward Sword. That would break my heart into more pieces than any Heart Container could be formed with.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Apparently he has a THIRD FORM, and it's totally epic. Last fight with him is...just wow. No joke. Sorry, didn't snag a pic, but know someone who might have.

EDIT: Picture of Ghirahim's third form in the spoiler.

It's true - he's also Demise's sword.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/940/newcanvasu.jpg

Also, is that a Triforce in the background atop the door?

That version of Ghirahim looks very similar to the Fierce Diety. Connection? Probably not (or maybe yes ;)) , but you've got to admit, the eyes and ears look very similar.

Ghirahim:
newcanvasu.jpg

Fierce Diety:
fierce_deity_link.jpg

Also note that in this image:
Zelda_25th_Anniversary.png

The Fierce Diety is a tad larger than he should be, possibly meaning he is more important than he was before. (probably just coincidence, though)

* The spoiler tabs are not really spoilers, I just put them to keep control of the picture sizes.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm just hoping I'm not emotionally disappointed for the missed opportunities about the Dark Tribe and backstory of the Sheikah that appear to not be occurring.

Me too. I was sure Ghirahim was an interloper. Perhaps that war was the one spoken of in the backstory of OOT.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No, that one was settled by the King of Hyrule. It was just a civil war. Nothing more to it than that.

It's quite unclear what exactly happened. The knowledge that the triforce lay within the sacred realm may have caused all the races in Hyrule to want to have the power for themselves and the interlopers took advantage of this. I'm pretty sure the wars are the same thing. My evidence to support the cast that the Interloper war happened just before OOT is that Ganondorf said, ''your people have long amused me midna, to defy the gods with such petty magic only to be cast aside''. If the people have long amused him and he knows that they were cast aside by the gods he was probably there when it happened Fighting for the Gerudo tribe in the civil war. If their hatred awakened him, then it must still be their defeat fresh in the minds of the Twili, because midna said her people became peaceful. Only Zant was angry. This must mean that when he was executed the tribe were pretty recently defeated, maybe only 7 years ago.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It's quite unclear what exactly happened. The knowledge that the triforce lay within the sacred realm may have caused all the races in Hyrule to want to have the power for themselves and the interlopers took advantage of this. I'm pretty sure the wars are the same thing. My evidence to support the cast that the Interloper war happened just before OOT is that Ganondorf said, ''your people have long amused me midna, to defy the gods with such petty magic only to be cast aside''. If the people have long amused him and he knows that they were cast aside by the gods he was probably there when it happened Fighting for the Gerudo tribe in the civil war. If their hatred awakened him, then it must still be their defeat fresh in the minds of the Twili, because midna said her people became peaceful. Only Zant was angry. This must mean that when he was executed the tribe were pretty recently defeated, maybe only 7 years ago.

Take notice that there is only "100 something years" in-between OoT and TP. That's 3 generations at max. There's no way that's enough time for the entire race of the Twili (save Zant) to blame their ancestors for their existence in the Twilight Realm. And why would Link have been born right before these events instead of 16-17 years before in order to stop them? Link's always the one to stop the evil. If there was no evil, the King settling the war would make perfect sense. Otherwise that just seems almost contradictory to the whole point of Link being the hero. I'm thinking the Mirror of Twilight part of the legend happened in the backstory of Skyward Sword.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Take notice that there is only "100 something years" in-between OoT and TP. That's 3 generations at max. There's no way that's enough time for the entire race of the Twili (save Zant) to blame their ancestors for their existence in the Twilight Realm. And why would Link have been born right before these events instead of 16-17 years before in order to stop them? Link's always the one to stop the evil. If there was no evil, the King settling the war would make perfect sense. Otherwise that just seems almost contradictory to the whole point of Link being the hero. I'm thinking the Mirror of Twilight part of the legend happened in the backstory of Skyward Sword.

It is the right amount of time. The original interlopers who were sealed's children would have resented their parents for their miserable existence in the twilight. It was the light spirits that stopped the interlopers, maybe there was a link born to summon them. I don't know. The Kings role would be to unite the people afterwards, not fight the interlopers.
There was probably no evil before demise came along so I can't agree with your quote''I'm thinking the Mirror of Twilight part of the legend happened in the backstory of Skyward Sword.'' Unless you meant the other demons.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It is the right amount of time. The original interlopers who were sealed's children would have resented their parents for their miserable existence in the twilight.

The children would have been taught to hate the light dwellers is what I'm saying. It'd take a bit longer than a little over 100 years for the entire race to move past all that happened and blame their ancestors.

The Kings role would be to unite the people afterwards, not fight the interlopers. ... There was probably no evil before demise came along so I can't agree with your quote''I'm thinking the Mirror of Twilight part of the legend happened in the backstory of Skyward Sword.'' Unless you meant the other demons.

Demise is Ghirahim's master and therefore the other interlopers' master. He led the demon lords in the assault of Hyrule. He's the demon king. If you can't figure it out, that means he's their king, hence the reason he led them. And that's exactly what I'm saying. That Eldin,Faron and Lanayru sealed away the other demon lords. It's just speculation, but it's possible.

It was the light spirits that stopped the interlopers, maybe there was a link born to summon them. I don't know.

I'm saying that this Link was the one to stop them, only just Ghirahim and Demise.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Demise is Ghirahim's master and therefore the other interlopers' master. He led the demon lords in the assault of Hyrule. He's the demon king. If you can't figure it out, that means he's their king, hence the reason he led them. And that's exactly what I'm saying. That Eldin,Faron and Lanayru sealed away the other demon lords. It's just speculation, but it's possible.

The interlopers relied on the fused shadow, which would mean that they were not so powerful without it. We know that Ganondorf has greater power than the Twili by the fact that when he shared it with Zant, Zant was then able to overthrow the twilight princess and turn the entire race into shadow beasts just with some of Ganon's magic. Demons seem to be very powerful on their own, without any assistance from something like a fused shadow. Demise and Ghirahim support this claim. So the interlopers were probably just human sorcerers and not part of the demon tribe.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Okay guys! Just so you know, there is a video about ghirahim's arms... Please check out this thread and watch the amazing dramatic vanity that it Ghirahim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom