• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Really Underrated?

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
The thought recently came upon me; Majora's Mask won the Game of the Decade award at Gamefaqs. That's pretty big. It's the 9th best-selling N64 game at 3.36 million copies, not including the Collector's Edition or Virtual Console downloads. That's big too. I know a lot of people who like it, and few who don't.

Is Majora's Mask really as underrated as people say? Many people complain that it's not acknowledged enough, but is it really?

In my opinion, it is pretty well known. It may not have been the most popular Zelda, but it was still popular. I think the reason that people think it's underrated is that the most of the people who don't like it really don't like it, and people who like it take that pretty hard and extenuate it.

What do you guys think?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Majora's Mask isn't underrated. Sure, the OoT fanboys are much more vocal about their love of OoT as the best game of all time, but the MM fanboys just seem to usually not be all that vocal about it. I'd say that there are more MM fanboys than there are OoT fanboys. It's just that the OoT fanboys tend to overshadow the MM fanboys what with how much they talk about OoT and their love of it and stuff.

underrated as in the sense it barely ever makes these lists, and wasn't a huge seller, or got as great reviews as LttP and OoT, or even TP (which I still think sucked badly). I think MM is a bit like Scarface: not hailed when released, but with time became a cult classic, as is MM.

It's under-rated with the more casual video game fans, but honestly I've seen a lot more vocal Majora's Mask fans these days than even Ocarina of Time fans within the Zelda community. When I first read about Ocarina of Time getting released on the 3DS, pretty much 50% of the comments I saw were "Majora's Mask next!" or something along those lines.

So yeah, over-rated in the fanbase, under-rated outside of it. But that's just an opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom