• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Real-World Zelda-Sounding Places

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
Hey folks. Something cool I just thought of.

On our moon (yes, Earth's physical, actual moon - not Termina's. :P), there are a few locations that sound like they totally could be from a Zelda game.

The famous one being 'The Sea of Tranquility.' Then, there's the 'Ocean of Storms,' There's 'Shadow Rock,' and many others.

The purpose of this thread is this: Can you think of any real world exampls of Epic-sounding locations that sound like they could be the name of a Zelda location? Just thought this would be fun. :)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Lakewood Forest - a subdivision in northwest Houston.

And the Utah Jazz (basketball) used to play at an arena called the Salt Palace .. that would make for an interesting dungeon, lol.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Lakeside City (a suburb of Wichita Falls TX) is about the size of Hyrule Castle Town from OoT (seriously. It's tiny). And it does continue a trend of "lakeside/lake[place]" objects. The lakeside lab, the lakeside cannon, the lakebed temple, the lakeside spring (Lanayru's), you get the idea?

insanity76

Enchanted Valley - Another NW Houston subdivision
Garden of the Gods - Located in Colorado

insanity76

Emerald Bay - Off Lake Tahoe. And if you look at a picture of it, the location as well as the name IMO would make for a good Zelda area (imagine the area's dungeon located on the tiny island in the middle of the bay, and needing to find a way to get to it)

Ayer's Rock -Australia

Painted Desert-Arizona

Isle of Man-Atlantic ocean

the Ring of Fire-A chain of volcanic/Tectonic activity surrounding the Pacific Ocean

Island of Winds*-(Insula Ventorum)- on the Moon.

Forest of Dean-Gloucestershire, England

Several Real-world seas might fit the bill: Mirtoon Sea, Alboran Sea, Sea of Sardinia, Bay of Bothnia, Sea of Aland, Marmara Sea, Sea of Azov, Black, Red, Yellow Sea, Aral Sea

anyone remember this place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom