• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Real Time Strategy VS Turn Based Strategy

RTS or TBS

• Real Time Strategy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turn Based Strategy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This thread is loosely based on the Western RPG vs JRPG thread. I know there aren't a ton of notable Strategy games to pick from, but I do know that the two main Strategy games are both from opposite sides of the spectrum, those being Starcraft and Civilzation. So which do you prefer? I play Civilization a ton more than any RTS game I play, but I do love RTS games, I just have yet to find one that I really like. I played Rise of Nations (which is made by some of the people who made Civilzation II I think) which is an RTS game that I really enjoyed for awhile, but the times caught up to it and I could never play it without it feeling dated. I still think that's my favorite RTS game to this day.

In any case, Civilization IV is on my top 25 favorite video games, and no other Strategy game is. Civilization V is great for its own reasons, it has appeal in areas Civ IV didn't, but overall, I feel as though Civilization IV has a lot more to it, which for me is a bonus. Civilization Colonization is also one of my favorite Turn Based Strategy games, even though it's completely different than the other Civilization games, the managing of each settlement's production is changed completely and I love it. I think Colonization's trading system is vastly improved over any strategy game I've ever played.

So which do you prefer, RTS or TBS?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They both have their perks and quirks to them; I can enjoy a good RTS from time to time as well as TBS. I don't prefer one to the other - I like both equally. My more endeared series are TBS (Fire Emblem).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom