• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reading between the lines

Ninja

Well well well
Sometimes one of my friends speaks very cryptically, often like with each sentence that there is a hidden meaning that I was supposed to be figuring out. I mentioned how this can be difficult in conversation and we had a nice discussion about it, so I figure it would make an interesting thread.

Have you met someone that communicates this way? What are some examples that you have dealt with?

One that comes to mind is where someone was trying to say that what I was doing for my nutrition plan wasn’t healthy. They wouldn’t outright say it, however they would make these comments and ask me open ended questions about it until I really ask them to clarify.

I have and I really don't like it because they then get angry with me for not figuring it out, like it was obvious.

Speak plainly, dammit. I tend not to talk much with people like that, too stressful.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Oh, right, the topic's main point.
Yea, I know some people that communicate like that, like, all the time. The worst part is that some of them just do it to flex how cryptic and smart they think they are, to top that they can get quite annoying when people aren't reading their ****ing minds as they wanted. sigh
If you want to be comprehended and there's nothing stopping you from doing so just say it loud and clear, dammit.

Although I'm one to blame since I kinda do that sometimes, I get kinda sensitive at some moments and shut myself hoping people get some kind of signal I might be trying to send to them. It's nothing intentional, but it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom