• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reactions to SS

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I was thinking, "What the heck." I was kinda weirded out at first and really missed the TP graphics,

When I realized that the game was not going to look like Twilight Princess I almost "sublimed" out of pure happiness. I wanted something different and it seems that is what we are getting. Thank you Nintendo, I love you ;)!

I am really curious about the experience it will be (playing the game). My only fear is that the core gamers are abandoned and that everything is made to please the more "casual" (hope I did not offend anyone, sorry if I did).

EDIT: Maybe Zelda is a franchise that was, is and always will be done for the casual gamers? What is actually hardcore about it (Zelda)?

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
What we saw:
zeldaskywardsword-211x300.jpg

What we got:
Link-Small.png

Link-Model.png

Phi-Model.png

Phi.jpg

I didn't see much of a problem, I loved the game when I first saw it. What I saw at E3 '11 was even better. I'm hyped!

Dark_One

Fierce Diety
I was excited right from the beginning. Wind Waker Cel-Shading with Twilight Princess art design sounds like a winning combo to me!

I was glad they didn't go with TP graphics again, and I loved the game last year.
I'm actually a little sad they toned down the brightness compared to last year...
As for the gameplay, I'm very excited and not the least worried. It's an epic combination of WW and ALttP, what can go wrong?

Oh and you know what's funny? The 2009 artwork is just as Impressionistic as now, maybe even more.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I was excited right from the beginning. Wind Waker Cel-Shading with Twilight Princess art design sounds like a winning combo to me!

Except it doesn't have Wind Waker cel-shading. It's more or less like Team Fortress.

Dark_One

Fierce Diety
Except it doesn't have Wind Waker cel-shading. It's more or less like Team Fortress.

cel-shading is just a technique used for rendering graphics so they look somewhat hand drawn. Both Team Fortress and Wind Waker use the same cel-shading regardless of the differences in their character design and animation

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
cel-shading is just a technique used for rendering graphics so they look somewhat hand drawn. Both Team Fortress and Wind Waker use the same cel-shading regardless of the differences in their character design and animation

Talking about style here.

30char

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The first trailer I saw for It I was dissapointed that they did not use TP art style like they said they would. I hated the new bokoblin design as well as they were nothing like Twilight princess or wind waker's ones and I still don't like them very much. However I really loved the new deku baba design and the detail and texturing on those. When I saw the GDC trailer I warmed up to the art style as I got to see lots of different settings and enemies rather than the rather bland forest area of the first trailer. Now after seeing the E3 2011 trailer I believe Nintendo made the right choice using the impressionistic art style as it really suits the game I especially love the effects of the clouds and everything just looks allot more polished. I think Demon lord Ghirahim will be a great villain and I love his design and I also like zelda's new look. I was sold on wii motion plus from the very beginning as those were the controls I expected from twilight princess but unfortunately never got. I hope this game becomes the best zelda so far, people always compare new zelda's to OOT and say how they are not as good and it just gets tedious hearing people making those comparisons all the time It is time for that to cease and for people to move on and accept new additions to the franchise.

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
Twilight Princess' graphics were great, but so are skyward sword's. It's just different. Reusing graphics is not something Zelda is known for
Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, Minish Cap...These were all practically the same style, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom