• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Re-releasing the original game over it's remake

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Of course. Plenty of people still love the original version. Some people may even love both versions. And that's a-ok.

Plus porting old favorites means easy money. And vg companies exist to make money.

Although I will say I'm not a fan of Nintendo's Online rental service. I understand the point of them, and rentals were good ways to try out and play games you aren't sure about buying, or can't find. But I vastly prefer their virtual console and they took that option away.
That's the thing about Switch Online that will not age well. With the Virtual Console you could at least download the games and you had a permanent digital version of it on your SD card or saved on the console. With Switch Online you are just renting the available games, you don't own the titles digitally and can only access them if you have an active online membership. But once they stop supporting the Switch in the future there won't be a way to access those games on the console. The only thing I can imagine is that they continue using the same servers with future consoles, that way the Switch can still connect to it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
That's the thing about Switch Online that will not age well. With the Virtual Console you could at least download the games and you had a permanent digital version of it on your SD card or saved on the console. With Switch Online you are just renting the available games, you don't own the titles digitally and can only access them if you have an active online membership. But once they stop supporting the Switch in the future there won't be a way to access those games on the console. The only thing I can imagine is that they continue using the same servers with future consoles, that way the Switch can still connect to it.
not to mention, I still believe there'll be a day where certain games will be pulled from the service for one reason or another

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom