• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Re-Invent a Monster

When IGN showed their Ultimate Zelda page, I agreed mostly with them, well I agreed with most of the categories at least.
One thing I personally think they should do that they haven't really done in a while is re-invent a previous monster, whether it is a foot soldier, mini-boss or boss. Let's say we were given a say in what creature that hasn't really seen the light of day in a new game (not a remake or re-release) in a long time to be recreated for the series.

Which monster would you want to have re-invented? How would it be re-invented?

Aquamentus
I would expect him to be the size of Moldarach and appearing more feral in the way it walks and snarling at Link the whole time. He would randomly try to ram Link with his horn, giving Link a chance to strike once it gets stuck in the wall. Once the horn is gone, have it ram into the wall again and go for the weak spot with the fatal blow. Its other attack is the jump in the air, using its wings to glide down, and fire fireballs at Link. Link could use the boomerang and long range weapons to strike the bottom and have it fall to the ground, giving a few seconds to strike it.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
Not so much a reinvention, but an addition. The deku babas in SS, I would add diagonal slits for the mouths, or at least some of them tilt their heads to force link to hack diagonally.
Also, I haven't played the game aquamentus is from, which game is it?

Not so much a reinvention, but an addition. The deku babas in SS, I would add diagonal slits for the mouths, or at least some of them tilt their heads to force link to hack diagonally.
Also, I haven't played the game aquamentus is from, which game is it?

Very first Zelda and Oracle of Seasons. He was the first boss in both games.

I would reinvent Stallord in that you defeat him without using a Spinner because:

1) I really don't like the Spinner. It's weird. :/
2) That boss battle really seems like a chore to me.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
I would reinvent Stallord in that you defeat him without using a Spinner because:

1) I really don't like the Spinner. It's weird. :/
2) That boss battle really seems like a chore to me.
I can see your point here. The spinner was less than useful. But on the contrary to your second point, I found the battle too easy with the spinner.
I would change it so in the first section of the battle, you get dual rails spiralling above Stallord. There could be stalfoses at various stations as you go up and you have to switch rails to avoid their attacks. Once you're above Stallord, you fall onto his skull and make you're way through a small group of stalfoses to attack Zant's sword embedded in its skull.
Reference to SS:
kind of like the imprisoned and the sealing spike
Not sure what I'd do about the second stage. How about you, what would you change?

I can see your point here. The spinner was less than useful. But on the contrary to your second point, I found the battle too easy with the spinner.
I would change it so in the first section of the battle, you get dual rails spiralling above Stallord. There could be stalfoses at various stations as you go up and you have to switch rails to avoid their attacks. Once you're above Stallord, you fall onto his skull and make you're way through a small group of stalfoses to attack Zant's sword embedded in its skull.
Reference to SS:
kind of like the imprisoned and the sealing spike
Not sure what I'd do about the second stage. How about you, what would you change?
I call it a chore not because it's too hard. It's mindlessly easy. I call it a chore because it's boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom