• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Re-imagined Areas (Zelda U)

So, the rules for this thread are simple;

1. Choose a recurring location (Hyrule Castle, Lake Hylia, Death mountain etc) from any previous Zelda game.

2. Mark the theme/tone of the location (cel-shaded, realism, dark, surreal etc)

3. Tell us how you would change it for Zelda WiiU
- layout (eg the geography of the place, more bridges for Lake Hylia etc)
- elements of interaction (eg the type of people you meet there, mini games, number of houses, hidden areas)

lets see in a few years time who had better ideas than what we get in Zelda U

1) Hyrule Castle
2) I am not a huge fan of this style, but I feel as If Zelda U needs to take advantage of it on the WiiU, and I definitely think Nintendo can stylize it to make it unique and their own; Realism
3) I would like to see a beautiful, grand Hyrule Castle and Town. Possibly with a medieval feel (I already get a medieval type feel from the Castle & Town, especially in TP. But I would like to see it more in depth) I would like the castle to feel truly like an architectural masterpiece, with soaring walls, stained-glass windows letting beautiful light effects in, and the town with plethoras of citizens that feel as if they are from that era.
- as for interaction; I believe if they can make the town teeming with interesting people all with their own stories and side quests that would be ideal. TP had a lot of town folks, but they were pretty much useless, in this case, I would like it to be in a realistic manner, with lots of side quests and involvement.

Although I want to see Realism in Zelda U, I don't want them to get too deep into it, I would still rather have them put their own twist to the character models. I obviously would not want Link and the citizens of Hyrule to look like realistic characters in ps3 games or such.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Place - The Lost Woods

Tone/Style - Realism

Changes - I'd love it if Nintendo took advantage of the Wii U's power and gave us a huge, open forest to explore. Kinda like that one section of Faron Woods in Twilight Princess with the monkey swinging the lantern but much bigger and truly open (rather than forcing you along a path as a wolf and then not giving you any real reason to return later).
Maybe have Kokiri Village return or some other forest inhabitants but have them live in elaborate treehouses suspended far off the forest floor. And then fill the place with secrets like caves and little nooks you have to keep a sharp eye out for and holes in the thick grass and wild animals and hollowed out trees and stuff. And have a gang of thieves like in A Link To The Past.
And critters! Forest critters everywhere! Being adorable and pooping on stuff!

Place - Lake Hylia

Tone - Basically what we saw in the Wii U tech demo, except a little more refined and more detailed without trying to be entirely realistic. Varied colors and good lighting effects are the name of the game here.

Changes - In my mind's eye, Lake Hylia is a humungous piece of the game, like an actual lakeside town or port. Bridges both natural and man-made would sprawl over the shimmering water, towering high into the valley the lake is set in to give you one of the best views in the game. There would be plenty of houses and buildings set in the sides and on some of the bridges. People would walk about frequently, people you could interact with and use to start sidequests. The fishing mini-game would return, as well as a plethora of other water-based mini-games like boating and maybe some sort of archery thing. Using a quick-travel system, you could promptly warp to every important place you'd visited in the lake. The general color schemes would be green and blue (for grass and water), but trees and buildings would stand out with accompanying colors like red and purple.

Plus, when you get bored or you're about to turn the game off, you go to the highest place on the lake and make the most epic belly flop in the series! (Maybe something like that could be used as a mini-game, minus the potential belly flop....)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Place: Twilight Palace

Tone: SS style. It was dark and menacing in TP, but I don't want it to be all cartoony like in WW, so this is a good medium.

Changes: Picture Castle Town, only in the twilight realm. Twilis run around carrying on with their daily lives, and you can talk to them, and they give you sidequests. Depending on the placement in the timeline, Midna might still be alive, or there might be one of her great great grandchildren on the throne. In a direct sequel to TP, somehow, Link would visit the twilight realm and the twilis would remember him: "You're the hero from the world of light! Sorry I didnt thank you before...I was still halfway cursed and couldnt talk." He would also be able to see Midna again. But only for a short time, because she's a busy queen.

If this game takes place eons after TP, you would get a quick history lesson from the twili villagers: "Long ago, our land was taken over by an evil king. But a light dweller like you saved us all! We have a LOT of respect for the light dwellers now."

The portal between worlds would remain on the outskirts of the palace. Since this wouldnt be a dungeon, there would be no enemies, and the building wouldnt take up the entire area. More focus would be on the courtyard and there would be shops.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Place - City in the Sky / Skyloft

Tone - Realism

Changes - I was having the City in the Sky / Skyloft a mix between what it was in SS and TP so there are people living there and there's a village but there's some temple that's also one of the dungeons. For that to be possible though, it would have to be a lot bigger and also, it would be held down to the ground by huge chains. From the ground, it would look like this:
View attachment 29163

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Place: Lost Woods

Tone: Similar to Wii U tech demo

Changes: OoT Lost woods is a disgrace. Its just square areas connected by blatantly obvious big black openings. I was an actual forest. Something along the lines of what was in the TP reveal trailer. I want actual treees and tons of them standing so tall that they loom over us, but just thick enough that they let in gorgeous rays of sunlight. I want to actually get the feeling of being lost when in the lost woods. And i want to travel by non obvious paths plastered with hidden sectrets and entrances to places invisible without a closer look. There would be animals and skull children and occasionally some stalfos and stuff. There would be one house on the edge of the forest where sort of the "leader" of the skull children resides. And thered be a minigame and crap. AND thered be a dungeon in the heart of the lost woods

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom