• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rayman Legends No Longer Wii U Exclusive

Well, Ubisoft has recently announced that their upcoming game, Rayman Legends will no longer be exclusive to the Wii U. Instead, it will also be released on the PS3 and 360 alongside the Wii U version this September, almost an entire year after the game's original release date. So what do you think of this new? Are you mad at Ubisoft for making one of the Wii U's only exclusives multiplat, or are you glad that the game will now reach a wider demographic?

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I was excited about playing this game and I was hoping it would boost Wii-U Sales. I am disappointed that they are postponing the Wii-U version and I am also disappointed that they are porting it over; it looks like it would be more fun on the WiiU Gamepad.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Knew it wouldn't stay exclusive for long. The Wii U isn't nearly as large as it should be; any smart third-party developer would make their games multiplat until the U starts to show a much more capable playerbase. I know I would.

EDIT: I'm really glad it's going to be multiplat. No problems with the game itself moreso the system; I wouldn't wish the Wii U on anyone, even if ZeldaU came out later this year. That thing just has too many inconvenient, IMMEDIATE problems. Go game on 360 until the U gets majorly fixed - this includes Rayman Legends.

Didnt know about this but it doesnt surprise me, just like capcom in those dark days when RE4 was a Gamecube exclusive which lead them to say 'making something exclusive to nintendo is like pouring your money down a black hole', i wonder how long Bayonetta stays exclusive for... although i think nintendo are actually putting money into that one..

Woo for Legends though, now i can play it =]

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Like I saw a lot of people say on sites today, I'm not mad that it's going to be multiplat; I'm mad that it's being delayed until September just to go multiplat. I wanted a new Wii U game to play before Monster Hunter. This was going to be my first Rayman game... Now I'm just boycotting the game in general.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
just like capcom in those dark days when RE4 was a Gamecube exclusive which lead them to say 'making something exclusive to nintendo is like pouring your money down a black hole',

This is actually true. The steady playerbase of Nintendo systems is ever dwindling. A raving game like Call of Duty: Black Ops II has 3,000 players online at MOST on the Wii U, and this is during the day. Comparatively, the PC which is supposed to have less players just because PCs are less affordable to the commoner, has 30,000 (thirty-thousand) - 50,000 at MOST, and this is during the day.

Fact is, Nintendo isn't doing so great at the moment. It's not a matter of stepping their game up; having third-party support alongside making great first party titles is all the game you'll ever need. The problem is that they don't have a good image, especially with random Wii U freezes, bad loading problems, and in some severe (but extremely rare) cases, bricking. Fix yourselves Nintendo or else!

I think now is probably the worst time to make such an announcement. I think Ubisoft should of went ahead and release it on the Wii U and if it wasn't selling well then they should of made this decision. That would of been the most sensible thing to do or better yet, announce Rayman Legends on multiple platforms when it was first announced. At the end of the day this is just the work of spoiled brats who can't get their way, since that is the exact reason why Ubisoft went ahead with this announcement.

Hanyou

didn't build that
This is actually true. The steady playerbase of Nintendo systems is ever dwindling. A raving game like Call of Duty: Black Ops II has 3,000 players online at MOST on the Wii U, and this is during the day. Comparatively, the PC which is supposed to have less players just because PCs are less affordable to the commoner, has 30,000 (thirty-thousand) - 50,000 at MOST, and this is during the day.

Fact is, Nintendo isn't doing so great at the moment. It's not a matter of stepping their game up; having third-party support alongside making great first party titles is all the game you'll ever need. The problem is that they don't have a good image, especially with random Wii U freezes, bad loading problems, and in some severe (but extremely rare) cases, bricking. Fix yourselves Nintendo or else!

Why on earth would anyone buy Call of Duty for the WiiU when it's available for the PC?

Since the N64, Nintendo consoles have been about first and second-party games. It worked for the Wii. I don't see why the WiiU should be an exception.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Why on earth would anyone buy Call of Duty for the WiiU when it's available for the PC?

Since the N64, Nintendo consoles have been about first and second-party games. It worked for the Wii. I don't see why the WiiU should be an exception.

Because PC is filled with nothing but hackers, because they couldn't afford to pay Xbox Live's rent, or they disliked the PS3 in some shape or fashion. I would avoid PC CoD myself if my Wii U weren't at my grandpa's permanently; I apply the same philosophy to any game really, and assuming Legends hits PC as well...I'mma avoid it like the plague.

Because PC is filled with nothing but hackers, because they couldn't afford to pay Xbox Live's rent, or they disliked the PS3 in some shape or fashion. I would avoid PC CoD myself if my Wii U weren't at my grandpa's permanently; I apply the same philosophy to any game really, and assuming Legends hits PC as well...I'mma avoid it like the plague.

Wow...never knew there were such butt hurt Nintendo fans here. Seriously this doesn't even pertain to what this thread's topic is.

ANYWAY. I'm glad Legends is going multi-plat. Its a great game, and many people should deserve to play it. Ubisoft probably did it because almost no one has a WiiU and they figured that they could make some more cash with the whole multi-plat thing.

There are no words that can describe my feelings about this executive move. To say I'm disappointing in Ubisoft is being too kind to them, to say that I'm sick with anger is an understatement. I can understand a delay for it allows time for improvements. I can understand a multiplatform release even though I'm irked about this. I cannot understand a 7 month delay just for a multiplatform release when you have an already completed game ready to go. Some might say that the Wii-U doesn't have a big playerbase when compared to the PS3 and Xbox and Ubisoft wants to let everyone play it, but it's still no excuse. This decision has no logic for September is when the big hitters such as GTVA5 is coming out for the Xbox and PS3 while the Wii U's library will have better choices such Wind Waker HD and Baynoetta 2 by that time. I solely wish that Ubisoft would go back on their world and put Rayman Legends back into its original release date and no "exclusive" demo would enough of an apology for this.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Well, I was really looking forward, so yes, I am disappointed. Don't mind waiting for video game releases too much, though. The multiplatform fact is positive, I guess, but I was planning on getting Legends on the Wii-U anyway. I am tempted to pair it up with Origins which I own on the 360, but I need to give my Wii-U some more love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom