• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Ravio/Happy Mask Salesman

Now, I have been trying to make a connection between Ravio and the Happy mask salesman ever since we saw the Majora's mask on the wall of Ravio's shop.

I believe what I have here is quite a long shot, and is probably nothing, but I figured I'd share anyway and see what you guys think.

So anyway, look at this piece of art and look at the bracelet on Link's wrist.
http://www.gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/zelda-albw-new-link.jpg

It has been confirmed that link gets this bracelet from Ravio, AND it allows him to travel between worlds.

Now look at this piece of artwork and look at the bracelet on his wrist. Maybe I'm crazy but what do guys think?
http://zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/3/3b/Salesman.png/200px-Salesman.png

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im not seeing the Pink Gem on the Happy Mask Salesman! but i do see where you would make the connection. but dont you find it odd that the Happy Mask Salesman could appear in more than one Timeline!

Salem

SICK
Ravio's real identity is Tom Nook from Animal Crossing, or so I guess. :xd:

But seriously though, when was is confirmed that Link gets the bracelet form Ravio?

Also, the fact that Ravio wears a mask wears purple(like the Happy mask salesman) and he has Majora on his wall. There's way too many hints but I hope it's not him.

But the happy mask salesman obvisiouly can easily travel between worlds and dimensions. As we found out in Majora's Mask. Considering the Majora's mask is clearly in this game for a reason...you never know.

It said in a preview that in the first dungeon you fight yuga and he turns you into a painting, but the bracelet link revieves from ravio saves him.

It was also stated that the majoras mask was on the wall of links house before ravio set up shop there. I don't remember where I read that though.

Last edited:
Well the happy mask salesman would exist in all the branches of the timeline as would most characters whether or not they appear is dependent on the events that take place in those branches, so it's possible but I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
But seriously though, when was is confirmed that Link gets the bracelet form Ravio?
Sora Yes is have been confirmed that the Bracelet comes from Ravio, its what give you the Magic/Stamina Bar, so you can use his Items.

Not trying to be a smarts ***, just thought you would want to be in the know!

Well the happy mask salesman would exist in all the branches of the timeline as would most characters whether or not they appear is dependent on the events that take place in those branches, so it's possible but I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

I dont know about all that Shadow Blade, and i usually agree with you

Salem

SICK
It said in a preview that in the first dungeon you fight yuga and he turns you into a painting, but the bracelet link revieves from ravio saves him.
Was that mentioned in one of a spoiler topic or post? I didn't read those. I just read the rest of the thread.

It was also stated that the majoras mask was on the wall of links house before ravio set up shop there. I don't remember where I read that though.
That sounds weirder that if Ravio was the owner of the Mask.

Sora Yes is have been confirmed that the Bracelet comes from Ravio, its what give you the Magic/Stamina Bar, so you can use his Items.

Not trying to be a smarts ***, just thought you would want to be in the know!
Dude, nothing in your comments makes you sound like a smartass.

I often find myself agreeing with you as well Snakeoiltanker, but the logic behind my previous post is that if the salesman was in the timeline before it split into three branches then he should also exist in those branches, though whether or not he would actually appear is dependent on lifespan and descendants as well as events and the decisions made by said character.

I hope this better explains my current thoughts on this topic.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Im not seeing the Pink Gem on the Happy Mask Salesman! but i do see where you would make the connection. but dont you find it odd that the Happy Mask Salesman could appear in more than one Timeline!
Tingle appears in more then 1 timeline so does link and zelda so how would it be wierd.

I wish these would stop. the happy mask sales man was the quest giver of MM, let him go. what do you want from ravio? this game to lead into a full AAA zelda title with the happymask salesman playing a major role? get over him and that amazing game please.. -_-

and no i didnt bother to read the thread.

Skunk

Floof
I say Ravio is going to be something like the Happy Mask Salesman, but not the same person. Also, wasn't the Happy Mask Salesman in OoS?

Nope The happy mask salesman isn't present in OoS, but he is in OoA, I think Ravio may have just moved his business into a shop maybe once owned by the salesman.

Presumable he passed away before he could do something with the majoras mask as he didn't seem like the type to leave such a dangerous object behind for someone to find.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I wish these would stop. the happy mask sales man was the quest giver of MM, let him go. what do you want from ravio? this game to lead into a full AAA zelda title with the happymask salesman playing a major role? get over him and that amazing game please.. -_-

and no i didnt bother to read the thread.

seriously why do you even post if you have nothing to add to the conversation but malevolent comment, to try and get attention and look cool. you sir are a troll and no one is gonna listen to you. go play a zelda game and join a conversation. Yes who cares about the Happy Mask salesmen but dang it dude, this is a forum. let us ZDers have fun speculating and quit hating.

They aren't gonna stop and all your doing is being a total Prick to everyone here with no knowledgeable information or opinion to a single post of yours i read. Ive got in trouble for this once before, and im not telling you that you dont belong here, im just saying if all you wanna do is hate. maybe you picked the wrong table in the lunch room!

And My god at least read that Thread if your gonna make some smart *** comment!

Tingle appears in more then 1 timeline so does link and zelda so how would it be wierd.

Tingle is... well tingle. hes just a random joke with no real role in what make LoZ what it is! as for link and zelda.... it would just be weird if they weren't in it, the whole Legend is about them and their promise to protect the Light!

Last edited:
It is possible that Ravio is the salesman but seems pretty unlikely at this time, and knowing that the happy mask salesman knew the the majoras mask was very dangerous it is likely that he would have kept it with him and passed it on to his descendants, unless he has an abnormally long life span, but since the mask is just on the wall it is possible that he died at some point maybe after OoA and the mask was left forgotten as a humble wall decoration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom