• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Rauru?!?

i believe the reincarnation could take any form it wanted, and it chose owl for some reason. That doesn't mean the original form was an owl. You may be confused as to what reincarnation is. I'm going to reincarnate as a horse, but I'm not a horse now.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
i believe the reincarnation could take any form it wanted, and it chose owl for some reason. That doesn't mean the original form was an owl. You may be confused as to what reincarnation is. I'm going to reincarnate as a horse, but I'm not a horse now.

You don't choose what you reincarnate into. And with Zelda, I'm assuming it would be the goddesses that reincarnated him to aid him on his adventure.

well I'm not saying you can choose what you reincarnate as, but I think as a sage, he might have had that power. Why would you reincarnate as exactly what you were though. Wouldn't that not be reincarnation but a resurrection from the dead rather? And how would an owl be an ancient sage in the first place? If you hold that TP sages were the ancient sages they didn't look like owls.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
well I'm not saying you can choose what you reincarnate as, but I think as a sage, he might have had that power. Why would you reincarnate as exactly what you were though. Wouldn't that not be reincarnation but a resurrection from the dead rather? And how would an owl be an ancient sage in the first place? If you hold that TP sages were the ancient sages they didn't look like owls.

That's like saying how can a Zora be a sage? Or a Goron. I'm pretty sure an owl that can talk could be a sage.

yeah that's true about an could be a sage. but further on reincarnation, if i may quote Wikipedia "Reincarnation is believed to occur when the soul or spirit, after the death of the body, comes back to life in a new form, such as another animal or anything that is living." Specifically the part about the new form. I'm pretty sure most people when they hear reincarnation think of a soul being reborn in a new form. Emphasis on new.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
yeah that's true about an could be a sage. but further on reincarnation, if i may quote Wikipedia "Reincarnation is believed to occur when the soul or spirit, after the death of the body, comes back to life in a new form, such as another animal or anything that is living." Specifically the part about the new form. I'm pretty sure most people when they hear reincarnation think of a soul being reborn in a new form. Emphasis on new.

There are many different types of reincarnation. The one in Zelda is taking on the previous one's form. Look at Link and Zelda.

Link and Zelda aren't reincarnations. They are new forms of a type. One type being princess and one type being hero. Kaepora Gaebora was a specific person/soul that was reincarnated into a new body. If Link and Zelda were reincarnations taking on the previous one's form as you say they would all look exactly alike, and have the same conscious/soul as the previous Links and Zeldas.

If that's the case then Link has a horrible memory.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Link and Zelda aren't reincarnations. They are new forms of a type. One type being princess and one type being hero. Kaepora Gaebora was a specific person/soul that was reincarnated into a new body. If Link and Zelda were reincarnations taking on the previous one's form as you say they would all look exactly alike, and have the same conscious/soul as the previous Links and Zeldas.

If that's the case then Link has a horrible memory.

It's pretty heavily implied that Link and Zelda are reincarnations. Link in The Wind Waker was kind of one, although it wasn't direct. I know they're not reincarnations to where they remember what happened before, but they're obviously reincarnations in that they look the same. Zelda can do whatever the stink they want with that sort of thing. I'm not Nintendo and I'm not saying it's official, but it's definitely implied.

E

Efrit

There is indeed a resemblance. This game may also hint at the beginning of the sages along with the Master Sword.

~Efrit

I've never heard anyone say Link and Zelda are reincarnations. Anybody else want to speak up on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom