• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Rauru?!?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I noticed that too. He could also possibly be the king of Hyrule, A.K.A. the King of Red Lions... Or some other form of him. But it doesn't seem like the guy in the trailer is wearing any royal clothing...

...Actually, that brings up a new thought. What if that's Zelda's dad, and he's the one that starts the Royal Family of Hyrule?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Here are the images for direct comparison:

picture8z.png

rauruartwork.png

Wow, the resemblance is certainly worth noting. I think you might be right.

I just died...(this is my spirit typing to you :))

All jokes aside, you might have something here with your theory. It sure would be nice if it was actually him (the owl/Rauru or KoH) or a direct reference to him; the odds of which are slim as it is rarely done in Zelda sequels/prequels; even WW's reference to OoT could be argued.

I think that robust guy you mentioned is actually another "Princess Zelda's Father"/KoH kinda guy, as he resembles Daltus (MC) and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (OoT???, WW).

EDIT: The resemblance to Sir Rauru: Sage of Light is rather uncanny, no?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
After thinking about it for a bit, I think the guy has more of a chance of being Rauru or Kaepora Gaebora than the King of Hyrule like I mentioned. Rauru is a spirit when he appears in Ocarina of Time, hinting that he was a Sage from older days. Kaepora was, according to a Gossip Stone, already an ancient Sage. Since Skyward Sword takes place before Ocarina of Time, it would make sense that he might be Rauru or Kaepora.

If he was the King of Hyrule, he couldn't possibly be the King of Red Lions from Wind Waker, seeing how WW comes later on in the timeline and if this guy was the KoRL, he would have existed during Ocarina of Time, but Zelda said that "her father wouldn't listen to her," so that wouldn't have worked...

Did any of that make sense? XD

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
After thinking about it for a bit, I think the guy has more of a chance of being Rauru or Kaepora Gaebora than the King of Hyrule like I mentioned. Rauru is a spirit when he appears in Ocarina of Time, hinting that he was a Sage from older days. Kaepora was, according to a Gossip Stone, already an ancient Sage. Since Skyward Sword takes place before Ocarina of Time, it would make sense that he might be Rauru or Kaepora.

If he was the King of Hyrule, he couldn't possibly be the King of Red Lions from Wind Waker, seeing how WW comes later on in the timeline and if this guy was the KoRL, he would have existed during Ocarina of Time, but Zelda said that "her father wouldn't listen to her," so that wouldn't have worked...

Did any of that make sense? XD

Rauru wasn't a spirit. He was very much alive. He was one of the ancient Sages that constructed the Temple of Time. And he can't be Keapora Gaebora. He's a reincarnation of an owl Sage. (Reason for saying that is he's an owl.)

Yeah, and sage could be interpreted differently when you think about it. He may have not been one of the powerful, sacred, ancient sages like the ones Link had to reawaken (OoT). He could just be a wise mentor with a ton of knowledge (kinda the dictionary's definition) that people around Link's village (island?/ city?) look up to. Especially, seeing as how Link is standing in front of him putting on his warrior's garb and equipment, as if he's about to be sent off on a quest in the video.

It is very likely Rauru-guy serves the role of at least a father figure to Princess Zelda this time around (oddly enough?).

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Rauru wasn't a spirit. He was very much alive. He was one of the ancient Sages that constructed the Temple of Time. And he can't be Keapora Gaebora. He's a reincarnation of an owl Sage. (Reason for saying that is he's an owl.)

I was sure that all of the Sages are actually dead since they all went someplace, and you don't get to see them again until you get to the Chamber of the Sages. (Saria went into the Forest Temple, Darunia went to face Volvagia, Ruto told you to follow her and then swam off, Impa went to face Bongo-Bongo, and I'm pretty sure that Nabooru was killed by Twinrova right in front of us.) Unless Rauru is immortal or can live for a very long time, I'm not sure how he can be an ancient Sage and still be alive.

Wait... An owl Sage? As in, he was an owl before and then he died and got reincarnated into an owl again? Please explain; I don't exactly get what you mean. ^_^;

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Yeah he kinda does look like Rauru.....I've overlooked that man when looking at the trailer becuase I simply thought that he was Zelda's father, like Bo from Twilight Princess being Ilia's father. Hey until the game comes out we wont know for sure.

Djinn

and Tonic
Those similarities are a little too much to ignore, I think this might actually be the pre-awakened Sage Rauru.

If we use what Rauru said in OoT
I am Rauru, one of the ancient Sages... Ages ago, we ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm... This is the Chamber of Sages, inside the Temple of Light... The Temple of Light, situated in the very center of the Sacred Realm, is the last stronghold against Ganondorf's evil forces. The Master Sword--the evil-destroying sword that you pulled out of the Pedestal of Time--was the final key to the Sacred Realm. Link... Don't be alarmed... Look at yourself...! - Rauru

He makes it sound as though he was present when the sages built the Temple of Time and the Door of Time. Since SS is supposed to recount the origin of the Master Sword I do not see why it cannot also tell the tale of the Temple of Time along with it as the two seem to be very connected.

Those similarities are a little too much to ignore, I think this might actually be the pre-awakened Sage Rauru.

If we use what Rauru said in OoT

He makes it sound as though he was present when the sages built the Temple of Time and the Door of Time. Since SS is supposed to recount the origin of the Master Sword I do not see why it cannot also tell the tale of the Temple of Time along with it as the two seem to be very connected.

I had a similar assumption. That was back when I first signed on to this forum and posted a theory of mine:

Just a Stretch:

But, am I the only one thinks that that Sacred Chamber in Ocarina of Time (OoT) where Link meets Rauru, is apart of, is in, or IS the Sacred Realm? This is a very popular theory among fans and theorists. A great many have also theorized that Skyloft is or is part of the Sacred Realm. What is one of the key things Young Link in OoT does in ToT to get to that Sacred Chamber? Hint: It has to do with pointing. :)

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I didnt notice that the frst time but thanks for pointing that out because it does look like Rauru. But Im not sure about it looking like Kaepora Gaebora.

I've always thought that Rauru looked a lot like the King of Hyrule from WW. That would in fact make more sense if the character we saw in the trailer was Zelda's father because it explains him being up in Skyloft. Though there is a chance that this may be Rauru or some other sage, usually when Link sets off on his quest the characters who live in the starting place don't usually have any implications on the plot (except Saria...)

yeah, it look like any of these people (rauru, keapora and A king (not THE king)), think we need more images in this theat

picture8z.png

Owl.png

AoL_pg6.jpg

418px-Daphnes_Nohansen_Hyrule.png

belive it, those eyebrows really make him look like keapora :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom