• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Most Recent Anime You Watched

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Bondrewd is one of the best villains in anime history.
Oya oya oya nanto subarashii opinion da

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable 6/10. It was good but it wasn't as epic as Stardust Crusaders. Kira didn’t impess me as Dio did. YukakoxKoichi was ****ing stupid. Killer Queen gaining ability was a plot armor the Chef episode was absolutely useless. Jotaro was nerfed and a lot more

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Currently watching the following:
Hunter x Hunter
Bleach The 1,000 year War
Jujutsu Kaisen
MHA: Season 6
I've also been watching MHA (season 6) and Hunter x Hunter! I only started the second one recently though so I haven't gotten very far. Honestly tho I give it a 10/10 already just because the action, charters, and story are all perfect.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2

9/10

Overall a really great season that further builds on the solid foundation of Season 1. I really enjoyed the introduction of new characters, especially Miko Iino. The backstories that were gone into depth on for Miko and Ishigami and the growth in their characters were the highlights of the season. Ishigami's backstory in particular was really sad, and the scene where Shirogane shows up to reveal that the Student Council investigation into those events confirmed that Ishigami's account was the truth, when for years nobody believed him, was very emotional.

Last edited:
Finished up a lot this month between Fall 2022 anime and some others that I had been slowly watching throughout the year.

Mob Psycho 100 Season 3 - 9/10

This was a great epilogue for the series. It wrapped up all loose ends and provided a great note to leave on for Mob and his relationship with his master and his relationship with his crush. The Divine Tree episodes were my favorite. They were quite creepy.

Spy x Family Season 1 Part 2 - 9/10

This batch of episodes continues the wholesomeness of what we got earlier now with an added dog and competing love interest. Bond is pretty cool with his ability to read the future. I just wish he was used more. Fiona is a worthy life rival for Yor. I loved her tennis episodes with Loid and seeing Yor get jealous was funny. Also, the new opening is gorgeous.

Ninja Scroll - 6/10

This is an okay episodic ninja anime. Jubei is a solid lead, but the rest of the supporting cast are forgettable. At least the demons they fight are highly entertaining. Some of the more parasitic ones make for my favorite episodes. The OP and ED are pretty catchy. Too bad the ending is so rushed.

Shaman King (2021) - 6/10

Speaking of rushed, the pacing of this anime remake was lightning fast. I couldn't even recover from one fight before another one started. This show needs to slow down. The fight animation is also pretty rough. What saves this show for me is the main cast being loveable and a great flashback arc in the middle of the show.

Bleach: The Thousand Year Blood War Cour 1 - 10/10

Bleach is my anime of the year. Yhwach vs. Yamamoto is my anime fight of the year. Everything about this revival was such a love letter to Bleach fans from the special ED in the episode to the emotional sendoff in the final episode of this cour. We got the perfect balance of action and story peogression.

Chainsaw Man - 10/10

I was initially a bit skeptical about the hype behind this series. I thought the first few episodes were great but not amazing. Then episode 8 happened, and I was glued for the rest of the series. Chainsaw Man has an amazing cast and music. Plus, the special EDs, a different one for each episode, are a labor of love.

Outlaw Star - 7/10

This is the weakest of the late 90s space exploration anime. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are better. At least the OP and ED are amazingly catchy. The front and back ends of the show are very action-packed but the middle tends to drag.

One Piece Film: Z - 8/10

There are some unique twists in this one like some of the Straw Hats becoming younger and a former admiral being the main antagonist. Plus, we get to see a stunning opening animation sequence. It's too bad the final fight has a little too much CGI for my liking. Also, despite being a former admiral, the antagonist is a little boring.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Hunter x Hunter - 8/10

This show was absolutely amazing. Honestly it deserves to have been a 10/10 but it had a few problems I want to talk about. In length. (Sorry, I just feel like ranting). Pretty much everything about this show was perfect, I especially loved the characters and the humor. Killua and Hisoka are my absolute favorites, I love them. I thought in the beginning that Leorio and Kurapika were going to have a lot more of an impact than they actually did, but the Gon/Killua dynamic was really good on its own, and they had their own stories they had to pursue. The first few story arcs were really good. I felt like the auction and greed island stories were leading up to something for the phantom troupe but it never got touched on again, which was kind of sad. I would've like to have seen a conclusion to that. But then came the ants.
Please let me talk about the chimera ants. The stupid chimera ants. I. HATED. The chimera ant story arc. Honestly it felt more like Attack on Titan than Hunter x Hunter. For me, it just sucked all of the life out of the show. It was so dark for no reason. We got a lot of cool new characters, but all of the focus was taken of off Gon and Killua. Legit all the character development they got was Killua's super fast mode.
It was a little bit better when it got outside of NGL and into the palace, but not by much. The pacing, for one thing, was awful. Every episode ended like "and 3 whole seconds have passed since the attack started". The thing that broke my heart was Gon and Killua. Gon was so hollow and broken the whole time. Killua constantly looked sad, which made me just a lil angry at Gon because he's just ignoring his friend. This arc made me cry two times- firstly when Gon was fighting Pitou. I say fight as if Pitou actually stood a chance. The whole scenario was just so horrifying and heartbreaking, I may or may not have been sitting on the couch sobbing while muttering "Gon... no... please, don't..." like a mad woman. The second time was the final moments with Meruem and Kumugi, this one wasn't bad though. Probably the most beautiful moment in anime history. Although slightly anticlimactic. I won't complain about that bit too much.
To conclude though, I pretty much had to drag myself through the chimera section kicking and screaming. I really wish it wasn't like 80 episodes long. I'm just glad things got slightly better afterwards.
Ahem, yeah. Ants aside the ending was pretty good. I feel like it wrapped up a lot of loose threads that needed wrapping. And we got a lot of awesome stuff! A Killua side solo adventure? Awesome! Hisoka and Leorio back in action? So happy to see their beautiful faces! A buff butler granny that turns into a motorcycle? Classic Hunter x Hunter! It had the characters we missed, the humor we missed, the story type we missed-

-it was only 11 episodes long.

*sobs*

Yeah I wish wish there was more but I'm happy with what I got. Just seeing things put back together again made me happy, and I'm happy with how the show ended. It was an amazing series and despite my angry rants I'm glad I watched it. All I have left to say are a few thoughts on the ending (slightly spoilery so proceed at your own risk)
Gon meeting Ging was way better than any dramatic emotional scene I could've pictured. I think it did a good job of showcasing that Ging isn't really a bad person, he's just really awkward and terrible with people. Which I love. When Gon was confronting him and he was like "YES, you should go apologize to Kite! Right now! Hurry!" And the whole crowd starting beating up on him for being an awful person it was the most hilarious bit in the whole show. I love him so much. And as much as I was sad to see Gon and Killua part ways, you know what? I was happy. They both got what they were looking for. Gon met his dad. Killua found something he wanted to live for (he looks so much happier now btw it makes me smile). It was the right time for them to part ways. I feel like they'll have a great future.

And finally, if there's one important thing this show taught me, it's that bungee gum contains the properties of both rubber and gum.

Hunter x Hunter - 8/10

This show was absolutely amazing. Honestly it deserves to have been a 10/10 but it had a few problems I want to talk about. In length. (Sorry, I just feel like ranting). Pretty much everything about this show was perfect, I especially loved the characters and the humor. Killua and Hisoka are my absolute favorites, I love them. I thought in the beginning that Leorio and Kurapika were going to have a lot more of an impact than they actually did, but the Gon/Killua dynamic was really good on its own, and they had their own stories they had to pursue. The first few story arcs were really good. I felt like the auction and greed island stories were leading up to something for the phantom troupe but it never got touched on again, which was kind of sad. I would've like to have seen a conclusion to that. But then came the ants.
Please let me talk about the chimera ants. The stupid chimera ants. I. HATED. The chimera ant story arc. Honestly it felt more like Attack on Titan than Hunter x Hunter. For me, it just sucked all of the life out of the show. It was so dark for no reason. We got a lot of cool new characters, but all of the focus was taken of off Gon and Killua. Legit all the character development they got was Killua's super fast mode.
It was a little bit better when it got outside of NGL and into the palace, but not by much. The pacing, for one thing, was awful. Every episode ended like "and 3 whole seconds have passed since the attack started". The thing that broke my heart was Gon and Killua. Gon was so hollow and broken the whole time. Killua constantly looked sad, which made me just a lil angry at Gon because he's just ignoring his friend. This arc made me cry two times- firstly when Gon was fighting Pitou. I say fight as if Pitou actually stood a chance. The whole scenario was just so horrifying and heartbreaking, I may or may not have been sitting on the couch sobbing while muttering "Gon... no... please, don't..." like a mad woman. The second time was the final moments with Meruem and Kumugi, this one wasn't bad though. Probably the most beautiful moment in anime history. Although slightly anticlimactic. I won't complain about that bit too much.
To conclude though, I pretty much had to drag myself through the chimera section kicking and screaming. I really wish it wasn't like 80 episodes long. I'm just glad things got slightly better afterwards.
Ahem, yeah. Ants aside the ending was pretty good. I feel like it wrapped up a lot of loose threads that needed wrapping. And we got a lot of awesome stuff! A Killua side solo adventure? Awesome! Hisoka and Leorio back in action? So happy to see their beautiful faces! A buff butler granny that turns into a motorcycle? Classic Hunter x Hunter! It had the characters we missed, the humor we missed, the story type we missed-

-it was only 11 episodes long.

*sobs*

Yeah I wish wish there was more but I'm happy with what I got. Just seeing things put back together again made me happy, and I'm happy with how the show ended. It was an amazing series and despite my angry rants I'm glad I watched it. All I have left to say are a few thoughts on the ending (slightly spoilery so proceed at your own risk)
Gon meeting Ging was way better than any dramatic emotional scene I could've pictured. I think it did a good job of showcasing that Ging isn't really a bad person, he's just really awkward and terrible with people. Which I love. When Gon was confronting him and he was like "YES, you should go apologize to Kite! Right now! Hurry!" And the whole crowd starting beating up on him for being an awful person it was the most hilarious bit in the whole show. I love him so much. And as much as I was sad to see Gon and Killua part ways, you know what? I was happy. They both got what they were looking for. Gon met his dad. Killua found something he wanted to live for (he looks so much happier now btw it makes me smile). It was the right time for them to part ways. I feel like they'll have a great future.

And finally, if there's one important thing this show taught me, it's that bungee gum contains the properties of both rubber and gum.

Yeah, I largely agree with your thoughts, and that's why I prefer the Phantom Troupe arc over the Chimera Ant arc. Though I'd still say Greed Island is my least favorite.

The dodgeball game was amazing, but the Bomber was such a generic villain.

Anyhow, back to the Chimera Ant arc, its best moments are definitely at the start and end.

Kite's death, the miniature rose, Gon's transformation, Meruem and Komugi dying together are such shocking and/or beautiful moments.

But, man, that middle definitely drags out. I like the octopus ant, though. He helped a bit.

Agree with you about the anime's ending. It's a perfect way to cap off. Sadly, the manga may never end due to the author's poor health, so I think if this is the last we'll ever see of the HxH anime, it concluded on a high note.

I highly recommend Yu Yu Hakusho as it's the first shounen battle series written by Togashi, the author of HxH, and you can see how a lot of elements in YYH influenced HxH. I also think that it does a better job of using its four main characters so that they don't feel left out with one arc being an exception, but that makes sense story wise.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Dragon Age 7.5/10

This a fun little anime series that seems to suggest what direction the next Dragon Age game will go in story wise. I enjoyed it quite a bit but I will say it is for those who have played the games only. I highly don't reccomend it to non Dragon Age fans as they won't have a clue what is going on as nothing is explained for newcomers.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Season 2! I give it a 10/10.

I really liked how they took the game storyline and then made it their own as the seasons have progressed. I also find this series a little darker than the original series. I really like the character development and the twists and turns that the show has taken throughout the season. I also like seeing the original characters in the show too.

That Time I Got Reincarned As a Slime: The Scarlet Bond - 6/10

Some solid animation and great new characters are let down by boring as dirt villains. It feels more like an extended episode at times than a movie, and there are definitely some asspulls at the end.

Bocchi the Rock - 9/10

This anime does a great job at showing the life of introverts. Bocchi decides to join a band, and the hardships she goes through in coming out of her shell are so realistic. There are so many different animation styles shown throughout. It is a tour de force of animation. My only complaints are the ending feels a bit abrupt and some of the CGI during music playing is meh. But, man, the music that's played is phenomenal.

Bastard: Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy (Season 1) - 7/10

I had fun with this series for what it was. Dark Schneider is the ultimate mage and womanizer. The opening theme is one of my favorites of any anime, and the battles are solid if a bit stiff. My main complaint is the sexual content is a bit overboard.

Yashahime Princess Half-Demon (Season 2) - 7/10

There is a little of good stuff here, especially seeing Moroha finally get to spend some time with Kagome and Inuyasha. The music is on point and the animation is good. It's too bad the final battle is underwhelming as hell.

Sword Art Online Progressive: Scherzo of Deep Night - 8/10

Another solid SAO Progressive movie. There are quite a few boss battles in this one. The last one is easily my favorite. It reminds me of Bongo Bongo. Asuna and Mito have some closure from the first movie, and there is a pretty neat bath fight.

Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun - 10/10

While not as strong as the first season and third movie, this second season of Made in Abyss delivered in seeing some more human like creatures in the Abyss. I like how Reg's story got expanded on, and we saw some different points of view aside from those of the main cast. The ending was tragically beautiful as per usual.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War - The First Kiss That Never Ends - 10/10

I was initially worried that this movie would retread too much familiar ground from the third season. Right away my fears were crushed by a cute chibi Shinomiya. The gags are top tier, and the heartfelt moment between Kaguya and Shirogane at the end doesn't cheapen season 3. It enhances it. I like how meaningful their relationship progress feels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom