• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Most Recent Anime You Watched

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Finished Shirobako recently and really enjoyed it. I need more adult focused anime in my life, I ain't no teen. I have the movie sequel, but I'm not too excited to watch it, because I don't think the ending could be improved upon.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I just finished Sasaki to Miyano, and it's adorable. It balanced comedy and romance beautifully. Watching Miyano and Sasaki's relationship develop was really fun. Not one moment was I bored, which usually happens when I watch slice of life. That tells me just how good this show is. All of the characters had just the right amount of depth and uniqueness. I love Sasaki so much, especially in the dub version. His VA did an awesome job. He has so much more expression and liveliness in the dubbed version. And this is coming from someone who almost always watches sub.

It's a solid 9/10.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I just finished the 5 seasons of My Hero Academia they released so far. Overall I really, really love this show. Can't wait for season 6 to be released. One of my favorite things about it is how it's not just the main character who's interesting. Pretty much every character in class 1-A is super lovable and has actual character development. The intro songs are also really nice, I've been humming/mumbling them for weeks now. I've read all the manga up to book 30 so I know what happens next, just can't wait to see it. Also, I love Bakugo and he is now my 2nd favorite anime character (first being Zenitsu).
Overall ranking for this is 10/10, would definately reccomend.

Btw, I'll be starting Jujutsu Kaisen within the next couple days ;)

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Btw, I'll be starting Jujutsu Kaisen within the next couple days ;)
Finished watching jujutsu kaisen. It only has one season so don't worry, I didn't like binge watch 300 episodes in 9 days. I really like the direction the show is going in so far. The plot and the action are really enticing, you get dragged into everything that's happening. And, even though I'm more of an action person, I love the humor in this show. It's so over-the-top hilarious that you can't stop dying. My main complaint would be that it gets really confusing at times. It's hard to follow the explanation on things such as cursed techniques and cursed corpses. The story can be a little all over the place too. (A fun side note though, I realized when watching it that Gojo and Hawks from mha have the same voice actor. This fact makes me very happy fsr)
Overall, I'd give this show a 9/10. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in season 2.

That pretty much wraps up the three animes I wanted to watch, aside from their upcoming season which I'll catch at they come out. I honestly didn't intend to watch any other than Demon Slayer, but I enjoyed mha and jjk a lot and I'm glad I watched them. Unless I get a lot of reccomendations for another show I'll probably stop there fo the time being. Totally not tuning into a weeb. Definately.

One Piece Movie 9: Episode of Chopper Plus - 8/10

I liked this retelling of Drum Island. I thought it was actually better paced than the anime and Mushroo with Wapol were more interesting as villains than Wapol alone.

Demon Slayer Entertainment District Arc - 10/10

Finally got around to watching this and, holy crap, I was blown away. The first few episodes nicely wrap up the effects of the Mugen Train arc, and I loved seeing the guys cross dress once they arrive to help Tengen on his mission. Inosuke is best girl. The second half is so action packed with possibly the best animation I have ever seen in anime. I loved it.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Demon Slayer Entertainment District Arc - 10/10

Finally got around to watching this and, holy crap, I was blown away. The first few episodes nicely wrap up the effects of the Mugen Train arc, and I loved seeing the guys cross dress once they arrive to help Tengen on his mission. Inosuke is best girl. The second half is so action packed with possibly the best animation I have ever seen in anime. I loved it.
Dude, I LOVE the second season of Demon Slayer. I thought the show had reached its peak in season 1 when Tanjiro discovered Hinokami Kagura. But every episode in the Entertainment District Arc gets better and better, both in animation, music, and emotional impact. Every time I watch it I just get blown away. Inosuke is def best gurl, even the main demon agrees.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms - 10/10

I'm at a loss for words. I went in knowing it had made many people cry, but since I don't cry that easily in regard to movies, I didn't worry too much. I was wrong. I think this is the most I've cried because of a movie. Every single scene builds up and makes the ending so much more impactful. And then they did a flashback of all the happy moments throughout, that destroyed me. This is a masterpiece. Please watch this.

It's about Maquia, an Iorph, which is a race that has a lifespan much longer than an average human. She finds this baby boy with no parents, and she takes care of him throughout his life. I'ts very beautiful, touching, and bitter-sweet. (This explains it better than I do)

I'm definitely going to try to make my family watch this soon.

One Piece Film: Strong World - 9/10

I really loved this movie. The animation is fantastic and the island of giant animals is quite a sight. It's also great to see manga canon material presented early. My one complaint is the Nami gets kidnapped plot point has been done before.

One Piece Film: Strong World Episode 0 - 8/10

It's nice to see the older characters when they were younger, plus some more of Gol D. Roger and people reacting to his execution.

One Piece 3D: Mugiwara Chase - 4/10

The worst One Piece movie ever. The CG looks absolutely awful and the plot is paper thin. At the very least, we get to see more of Luffy being a dork.

One Piece 3D: Trap Coaster - 4/10

More jank CG but the escape room vibes are at least unique.

One Piece Romance Dawn Story - 7/10

It's nice to see a basic One Piece story with no gears or any advanced power just some good heart with the villagers standing up for Silk.

Spriggan (1998) - 7/10

I decided to watch this before the new one dropped. Top notch action but the story is a bit nonsensical and the main villain is so lame.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Ultra Romantic - 10/10

The best season of the best romcom anime ever. I absolutely loved the heartfelt ending and Ishigami's arc as well as the rap episode were also top tier.

Spy x Family (Season 1 Cour 1) - 9/10

A very wholesome anime with an amazing family hiding their true identities from each other. I love Anya's smug face and all the anime references plus the action is great when it's there.

Sabikui Bisco - 7/10

A very unique premise with mushrooms eliminating the rust the world faces with some fantastic monster designs, but some ass pulls in the last few episodes drag it down.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Spice and Wolf

May or may not have binged the first season this afternoon. Fantastic chemistry between the MCs, great mix of serious tone with comedic moments, and meaningful plot (especially for a slice-of-life type of show). Bonus economics 101. Excellent dub to boot. 10/10 show.

Dr. Stone: Ryuusui - 8/10

Another entertaining and educational outing from Dr. Stone. Ryuusui sure knows how to get rich fast and how to get the gang safely across long distances. I also loved Yuzuriha channeling her inner JoJo to sew clothes and the little fashion show in the middle of the episode. Plus, hearing Good Morning World again was so nostalgic.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Yu Yu Hakusho - 9/10

Better than what I expected!! I really enjoyed the entire anime...from the characters, to the music, to the story. It was great! Even the last arc which felt a bit unnecessary was still good, as it gave some characters more background. I haven't binged a series like this one in a long time, watching 10 episodes or more in one night. Definitely going to try and read the manga now...if I ever find it cheap online...guess I'll just have to read it using other means! :P

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero - 9/10

This movie surprised me with how much heart it had. I absolutely loved seeing Gohan, Piccolo, and Pan take the spotlight. The new characters from the Red Ribbon Army were pretty great too. And that final fight blew me away.

Spriggan (2022) - 7/10

The first two episodes are definitely the strongest as they have some more personal stakes. The last episode does too, but it feels more forced. The other three episodes are forgettable and one has really bad CGI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom