• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - 9/10

This was recommended to me by someone who knows my love for slice-of-life/romcom types of anime. I wasn't disappointed. Tbh, this anime had no right to be as wholesome or serious as it was with its title or cover, haha. It's misleading, really.

Short, but with a really likable cast and good development for the main plot and its side-stories. I'll probably watch the follow-up movie next.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I've been watching HBO Max lately so I got a few.

Teen Titans 8/10

The classic series holds up. I don't remember when I fell out of it, but at a certain point I stopped watching roughly around season 3. With that said, the show holds up. It's fun and while there are a few episodes I didn't care for, I think it has fun with the characters and mostly allows them all to shine (I do think Starfire gets roughly overlooked in terms of nemesis and episodes focused on her). After rewatching it all with a more critical eye, its certainly a kids show but a fun kids show that I think is easy to watch. Sure, there are several scenes where the backdrop doesn't always make sense (like a whole episode within a city with ZERO people but still), but you can look past that and appreciate the show for what it is. I also wanna spend a brief moment defending Teen Titans Go! because there is similar slapstick comedy in the original series (that is not to say I enjoy Go!, I haven't really watched the series, I just don't think the original series was as serious as some people remember).

Search Party 9/10

I binged the first season with my siblings shortly after season 1 came out and remember really enjoying the twist. In the past month or so, I've gotten back into the show which had two more seasons, with a fourth season currently being released. And I wanna say it's phenomenal. I can't think of a better show that explores interesting characters and creates such a charming backdrop of weird quirky side characters. There is a lot more depth to every character in this show and its clear the writers focus on character motivation in every scene. Seriously, watch this show.

Harley Quinn 8/10

This show was really fun to watch and does a good job satirizing DC comics, or more specifically Batman villains. With a very surface-level understanding of Batman lore, I found this show enjoyable and it had some clever lines throughout. At some points, it felt a little Family Guy in it's comedy, but mostly it had well timed jokes and well built up storylines.

twilitfalchion

Staff member
Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 - 9.5/10

I liked the first season quite a bit, but the second season got me hooked on the series. It was really great, and despite the humor not always landing well, IMO, made me appreciate each of the characters quite a bit more. Definitely would recommend.

twilitfalchion

Staff member
Angel Beats - 9/10

Didn’t know what to expect going in, but I was very pleasantly surprised by this one. Enjoyed it a lot. The story wasn’t anything spectacular, but I’ve got to say, I loved the character interactions. The ending hit me in the feels too. Very nice.

twilitfalchion

Staff member
Steins;Gate - 9.5/10

Excellent anime. Great cast of characters with a plot that really gets going once you get past the initial world building and character development. My only gripe is that you do have to get past that slow start for things to get more intense and interesting. Still, everything else was fantastic. Sticking with it to the end was definitely worth it.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Recently finished...

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 1 - 8/10

Fun world building and good characters. (Plus Sabrina's two Aunts are named Hilda and Zelda). I liked Kiernan Shipka in Mad Men and she really comes into her own with this show. [She's my pick to play Princess Zelda if they ever did a live action].

twilitfalchion

Staff member
Attack on Titan Season 1 - 9.5/10

Starting off with a bang. AoT season 1 was an emotional ride from beginning to end. Great cast of characters, interesting plot, and the animation and music are stellar. I really enjoyed watching it and look forward to catching the next season.

twilitfalchion

Staff member
Horimiya Season 1 - 9.5/10

A really well-written SoL/romcom anime. Doesn't get tropey and has a great cast of characters that each get their time in the spotlight. I hope it gets a second season, tbh. Although the ending of the final episode for S1 kinda gives me the vibes that it might just go for a single season. I hope not.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Grey's Anatomy 10/10 (in all honesty I've watched this series quite a few times, and I still really enjoy it.. even if the story lines get quite ridiculous)

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Just finished Schmigadoon which I think was an amazing season despite only being 6 episodes long. I truly love the way they parody the stereotypes of the golden age musical both lyrically, plot pacing and character archetypes whilst at the same time managing to subvert those same expectations.

Solid 8.5/10 for me. Would be really keen for a second season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom