• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Gotham season 4 - 7.5/10

Death was abolished because science in season 2, here in season 4 straight up magic exists so death is no longer a threat to anybody.

Still, season 4 is a nice middle ground of the fantastical and procedural. The season often forgets that this is supposed to be Jim Gordon's show and leans in very heavily on Ra's Al Ghul and Bruce Wayne's narrative.

We also get two Jokers and a really corny version of Solomon Grundy.

The season ends on a nice cliffhanger and a set up for the No Man's Land arc for season 5.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
1593809796165.jpeg

Your Lie in April - 10/10

This anime series is beautiful. It has emotion, music, and very memorable characters. I felt Kousei’s pain, and it hurt. A lot. But there were quiet, happy moments which I felt also. Usually whenever I watch any show or movie, I watch with a straight face. I may laugh at funny moments, and feel sad at emotional segments, but I usually never cry. I teared up at least three times in the couple last episodes, and silently cried once. This anime is sad, but it’s a beautiful sadness, it ends bittersweet. It is a masterpiece. It makes you feel. you feel happy when there is happy times, you feel sad when there’s sad times, and you connect with this show like you never have before.

The music. Oh, gosh, the music <3. This series circles around music. There is a pianist, Kousei, and a violinist, Kaori. I relate to Kousei since I am a pianist as well. Definitely not as talented, but I still am a pianist. It talks about the fear of going on stage, which I completely understand. Kousei suffered, his mother beat him and had him practice the piano hours and hours a day. She said it would help her get well, as she was very sick. He worked hard, without complaining, but one day, right before he was going to become famous, she died. It hurt him. Eventually he couldn’t hear the notes he himself played. He became tone deaf. He stopped playing the piano shortly after, and only Kaori got him back to playing again. She helped him become stronger and over come what had happened. She is amazing.

The characters. Baseball player and close childhood friend of Kousei, Ksubaki. Best friend and leader of the soccer team, Watari. Violinist and newest friend of Kousei, Kaori. They help him throughout the series, and are always supporting him.

I highly recommend you see this. I do have to say, that this anime is very sad, and if you like more light-hearted shows, I don’t think this is for you. It hits you, hard. It unlocks emotion you don’t know you had. You’ll cry with the characters, you’ll laugh and smile with them too. Is it amazing.

Last edited:
Gotham season 5 - 8/10

Season five is only 12 episodes long and the first 11 of those are the No Man's Land arc.

With less villains than the comics to pull from it was interesting to see the NML arc play out but it was done quite well and brought the spotlight back to Jim Gordon, which was what the show was supposed to be about all along.

The final episode is where everything wraps up and introduces you know who.

It was a fun and tight series. I'll miss these versions of these characters.

Gotham has been the best thing I've seen from DC in years. Glad I watched it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The Twilight Zone ((new series) season 1 8/10 so far.
As a child I always enjoyed watching the Twilight Zone. All those creepy stories (of course not all were creepy) and I got myself into the newer ones. So far so good :D

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Crazy Ex Girlfriend

I was skeptical about watching Crazy Ex Girlfriend after Rachel Bloom’s performance on Bill Nye Saves the World, but I was pleasantly surprised by the show. The characters all have depth and have good chemistry with one another. There is a real evolution of every character throughout the show. The only part of the plot I was not incredibly fond of was the final season, where the show clearly floundered to find a central plot to follow. Nevertheless, the path their was fun and did a solid job portraying mental illness and how we respond to it.

The musical numbers throughout are also really good. Of course, when you have about three songs per episode, some of them are gonna flop, but for the most part they are enjoyable. Most of the actors are stage performers and you can really tell from how much they put into the music and choreography.

7/10

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - 8.5/10

Got through the rest of UBW...it's a solid anime with good character development and great action scenes. I liked most of the characters, except for Rin, who I didn't expect to dislike as much as I did. Her ideals were something I majorly disagreed with and I really hated when she stopped Shirou from preventing Illya's death. I know why she did it, but I still hated that it happened.

Shirou, on the other hand, I ended up liking even more than I did earlier in the series. His philosophy of self-sacrifice for the sake of others is really admirable. His ending with Rin is fine, although I would have preferred to see him with Saber instead. But that ending apparently happens in another route so yeah.

Has the series made me a Fate fan? Eh, maybe. Tbh, I'm not big on action-filled anime. I'm more a slice of life kind of guy. The series was good though, no doubt.

Futureman: Season 1 good because of the novelty factor and James Cameron's house
:)
Season 2 and Season 3 just throw a lot of weird stuff at you and hope some of it sticks. I enjoyed some parts of those two seasons but season 1 is the only one I would watch again.

Archer:

Bit of a slow start but get's better as it goes. Has some good banter between characters with a few stale episodes here & there (more towards the beginning).

Not the funniest show in the world but overall pretty entertaining. Definitely worth a watch. 7/10

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Euphoria

It's certainly an HBO show. I knew little going into the show, and its clear that it wants to be a teen drama without being a teen drama. At times, I think it tries a bit too hard to lean into the "gritty" and "dark" because its on HBO and they can. That said, the show is still amazingly well done. The actors are phenomenal and I think give depth to every character. Even Maude Apatow's character (who seems like she was included in the series for the simple purpose of giving Maude Apatow a role) comes off very real. The characters all occupy the world, they aren't the world.

8/10

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (season 1) - 8.5/10

Nice little romcom anime with good humor but some serious moments as well. I like Kaguya and Miyuki's dynamic of reacting to their feelings for each other in the same way. It's a nice twist to have the main characters be similar to each other instead of contrasting so much like in Toradora. I don't like it quite as much as either Fruits Basket or Toradora, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. The opening song is really catchy though. I haven't been able to get it out of my head for the past few days.

I'll probably check out the second season sometime.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Alien TV 10/10. It's a silly show where three tiny aliens are send on a mission to investigate things humans do like camping, gymnastics etc. They're trying things out themselves. It's hilarious :wynaut:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom