• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

I saw Jurassic World the other afternoon. I can't decide if it's better than the original Jurassic Park. It certainly comes close.

I loved that there was hardly any down time for unnecessary drama or romance. Most of the film focused on developing a decent plot and action. The one thing that felt out of place, though, was the younger kid, Greg, mentioning his parents' divorce to his older brother. I don't think that plot line was ever resolved; it just felt thrown in there.

By far the best performance of the movie was Chris Pratt as Owen. He never strayed away from the idea of developing a mutual relationship with the dinosaurs. Some of the best moments of the film were when he put down his gun to show that he had faith in his velociraptors not turning on him. His romance with Claire didn't feel forced either.

Even though the last part of the film wasn't bad by any means, it felt a bit flat and one-dimensional compared to earlier parts of the film. The assistant's death was unnecessarily flashy and the dinosaur battle at the end felt a bit too long. I did get a laugh out of Vic dying, though. That asshole died the stupid death he deserved. It was great seeing the Mesosaurus surface from the water to swallow the Indominus Rex at the end. A great touch to the final battle.

But my favorite scene was by far the last one. It sent shivers down my spine to see the T. Rex proclaiming itself as king of the dinosaurs as it roared on top of the mountain.

8/10

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay it has been a week and a half ago already though but the last movie I saw was Jurassic World.
I absolutely agree with ALIT. It was a spectacular movie but I still prefer the first one. Mainly because of the epic T rex scene when he first appeared. To me nothing can beat that.
Now back to JW. Let me say it was an alright movie but it had some very predictable elements and some flaws.
-The female character was horrible. The way she made that switch was very unbelievable. One moment she was complete against you and one second later she was fully on your side. Plus the fact that even after such an ordeal she still had a perfect smooth and clean face and her hair was all in good shape and shiny. She was by far one of the worst characters ever.
- Yes indeed that divorce story was not making sense but it did explain why the brother started to get reckless and was taking risks.
- Owen was a fabulous character. By far the best in the movie and maybe all movies together. The bond he had with the raptors was amazing.
- If Indominus Rex managed to take the device out of her body why wasn't there any wound?? Or was she a fast healer too??
- The bad guys were predictable. From the second you saw that military guy you knew he was going to be bad news. I also knew he would get killed by a raptor.
- The helicopter crash was something I expected to happen. You just could see it coming.
- The ending was so epic. That was pure magic. And it shows that you just can't beat the real thing. Of course Rex was lucky the raptor came to help and distracted the Indominus Rex. But that ending....eaten by the Mosasaurus (like the nanny) was fabulous.
- You can tell there will be a next movie because it had an open ending when Dr Wu escaped.
I give the movie 8/10.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Ted 2
If you aren't a fan of Seth MacFarlane you should avoid this movie, if you are a fan you're probably going to watch it no matter what I say. I enjoyed the first one and found it to be a fun time, but this one is over relient on references to the first one and popular culture and cameos. The story falls absolutely flat even though it's basic idea is relevant. Story usually doesn't matter much in comedies, but since there are such long lengths between laughs in this one, it's utterly noticeable. This movie is not without its strengths, though. It has a few good laughs and its three leads have amazing chemistry. There is also one cameo in particular that is hilarious and kick ass at the same time.
6/10

Garo

Boy Wonder
Jurassic World, which was easily the worst film I've seen this year - and I saw 50 Shades of Grey. F.

Inside Out, forming the back half of a double feature with the previous film, lifted my spirits quite a lot by delivering one of the greatest emotional payoffs I've ever seen in a film. A.

Talk about mood whiplash.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Rating: 8/10

Overall I actually liked the first and this Terminator movie about even. The movies afterward I can't even remember watching but I'm currently catching up, refreashing my memory on them. This one in particular has a good plot, but in the end I have issues with it. About halfway through the movie the main characters decide to prevent Judgement day rather than prepare for it (which is what they had been doing up to that point). They eventually get the arm and microprocessor which belonged to the first Terminator (from the first movie) and destroy it. The guy who creates a working replica dies in an explosion along with all the info on the microproccessor. They kill the Liquid Metal Terminator, and also destroy the Terminator which has turned good. This supposedly has changed history, atleast the ending of the movie alludes to that. What I remember from the movies afterward Judgement Day does happen regardless - so I guess in this movie they didn't change history. Guess it makes sense though too because assuming history was changed John Conner should be eradicated from exhistence. Without Terminators there would be no need to send Kyle Reese back in time to protect Sarah Conner - John Conner would never be born.

Anyway all that aside it's still a good movie.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Dream Boy

Some of the acting was a little underwhelming apart from the times a few of the actors slipped into melodrama but I thought the lead actors did a really good job portraying the relationship between Nathan and Roy. This movie didn't have the same impact for me as the novel did and cut out most of the ambiguity of the ending that makes the novel's story as good as it is. I wish that the film had dealt with the underlying child abuse and homophobia themes more prominently instead of skirting around the issues.
In my opinion, this is what reduced the impact of the ending as the foreshadowing from Nathan's abuse at the hands of his father, Burke's obviously homophobic attitude, and Roy's struggle with coming to terms with being gay were played down quite significantly in the film, almost making them seem like a non-issue. This, in turn, caused Nathan's death to feel as if it came out of nowhere.

It wasn't a horrible adaptation, I just don't think it was executed as well as it could have been. So, overall, I rate the film 6/10. I feel as if I might have enjoyed this film more if I didn't have prior knowledge from the novel.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Rating: 6/10

Now I remember why I made myself forget this movie. I mean it wasn't bad but I didn't like it as much as the first and second movie. So the date is like 2004, Skynet was supposed to go up in 1997, but didn't. John Conner is living off the grid but still believes that Judgement Day could happen. Skynet sends back a new model of Terminator (which looks like a woman) to kill as many resistence officers as it can (Including John's future wife). Another good Terminator gets sent back to warn John and they try stopping the bad Terminator. In the end they go to were they think Skynet's core is, but it turns out to be a underground bunker - outside Judgement Day finally happens.

Like I said, it wasn't bad, I just didn't like it as much as the first and second movie. Since there is one last movie after this I need to watch to get caught up for Terminator: Genesis I will end this saying, “I will be back”!

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I saw Inside Out a couple weeks ago. And hoo boy did my feels take a beating. I'll be honest though some of the things that happened were kinda predictable. Still a pretty gr8 movie. 9/10

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Fantastic Four (the new one)

1/10

I'm serious. Terrible pacing, awful casting, ****ty music, and total destruction of the classic F4 story. It looked like it was made 15 years ago. Not a single scene was memorable. Absolute crap, definitely not worth the money. It makes the 2005 film look good.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Fury

9/10

Solid directing by David Ayer, and great performances. Brad Pitt's and Logan Lermin's characters were well developed, although the rest of the tank crew kinda fell flat. They were more like tropes/cliches than anything, but they did serve a solid part in the development of Lermin's character so that is forgiven.

Fun movie, and great score.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Ant-Man

8.5/10
It was pretty nice. I honestly would have liked to see it go on longer 'cause it was a good movie and really enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom