• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Interstellar
9.8/10

It was really good (:

..but not perfect so I don't wanna give it a perfect score.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Terminator the first one. I never saw this movie before and I liked it. It's a movie that survived it's time if you leave the old music aside :P I give it a 9/10.

Frozen. Seriously guys I don't want to sound negative but the movie being one of the best all time? Gimme a break! It's a fun movie and has a good storyline and the characters are fun but that's it. I have seen movies last week which were having a deeper storyline. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it but it's absolutely not one of the best movies of all time. I give it a 8/10.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Conspiracy 9.5/10

Not to be confused with "The Conspiracy," this movie is about the WWII conference where the Germans discussed the idea of the final solution. It's more of a reenactment than a movie so I've rated it a little higher than I might have, seeing it as more of a documentary than a movie I'd go to the theaters to see but it's still very good.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Purge Anarchy

The movie was surprisingly good. It knew what to go for; not jump scares but disturbing and making the viewer feel on edge the entire time. My only complaint is how many things they tried to explain in this movie and delve into far exceeded what the screen time allowed. There were many things that would have made great sequels apart from this one, which I feel the writers could have done.

Anyways, I'd give it a 7/10.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Beautiful Creatures

Though the story itself is not bad, I couldn't help making comparisons to Twilight whilst watching this film. It starts off rather slow but after the first turning point, begins to pick up pace and keeps moving with just enough momentum to keep the story interesting. Unlike Twilight, stuff actually happens in this movie. The acting was good for the most part, Emma Thompson standing out from the others with her performance. The humour in the movie was full of head shakingly bad puns, which I hate to admit were mildly amusing at times. The ending though for me was rather disappointing and felt rushed in comparison to the pacing of the rest of the story. Also, the ending was far too open for my liking. I'm well aware that there are other books in this series that could be potentially turned into movies but the "cliffhanger" was unimpressive.

Overall, I give this film a 7/10 and am intrigued enough to check out the books, which I shall probably do within the next few weeks.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Downfall, or Der Untergang in German. This is a film about Hitler's last days in his bunker during the Battle of Berlin in WW2...and honestly, this movie messed me up so bad. It's one of the first WW2 films I've seen that actually portrays Hitler as a human. He loved his wife, his dog, like, he wasn't 100% evil. And that's kinda scary. At points, too, I felt sympathy for all the men huddled in the bunker, killing themselves or waiting to die...and then I remembered that these guys were Nazi officers who killed thousands.

It's just an interesting perspective. Fantastic film, left me speechless after. 10/10.

octorok74

TETTAC
The newest Hunger Games movie, what is it? Mockingjay part one or something. Pretty good movie, major flaws. But overall pretty good and I liked it a lot better then the first two. I'd give it a 6/10. But I will bump up the score to 8/10 for one single line of dialouge that Katnis said. At one point she says "I didn't ask for this." and I just about lost it in the theater. For anyone who has played Dues Ex: Human Revolution, you will know of a similar quote by Adam Jenson, the infamous "I never asked for this." quote. Yeah, best line in the entire Hunger Games movies so far.

Final score:8/10

I just got back from seeing The Hobbit:The Battle of the Five Armies. I'm glad that an aspect of the book that was previously sparsely covered in cinema was finally touched upon, but it didn't really go it for me. The presentation was gorgeous, yet after the opening minutes with Smaug, I couldn't help but feel there was too much mindless action. The ending was solid even though it left out some details from the book.

8/10

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just got back from seeing The Hobbit:The Battle of the Five Armies. I'm glad that an aspect of the book that was previously sparsely covered in cinema was finally touched upon, but it didn't really go it for me. The presentation was gorgeous, yet after the opening minutes with Smaug, I couldn't help but feel there was too much mindless action. The ending was solid even though it left out some details from the book.

8/10

Pretty much this. Although I have to admit that I would have been totally OK with Smaug dying in the previous film instead. It seemed like his death didn't belong in this film since it occurred so early and so quickly, and was overall pretty meaningless within the context of this particular film. Overall though, I quite enjoyed it.

I'd give it a 8 or 8.5/10. As the Hobbit movies go, it was great, but none of the movies in this trilogy were quite able to match up to the legendary Lord of the Rings trilogy. They tried too hard to, but ultimately fell short. Most of the obvious references to the LotR films were pointless and unnecessary ("Go young Legolas, find the one they call Strider"... really?), but overall, they are worthy prequels.

As a whole, I'll rate the series a solid 7.5/10.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
As Above So Below

I really wanted to like this movie. I thought it looked very interesting in the trailers (I enjoy psychological thrillers). But, I can't say I liked it at all. The use of the first person camera is done very poorly, to the point that you just have to wonder what is going on and are unsure whose perspective it is showing. And the pacing was horribly done. The first half felt more like an adventure riddle-solving movie that very rapidly became a "horror". The characters lacked depth and I didn't care for any of them. It was all just too forced.

3/10 (I really feel bad for giving it this)

Squirrel

The Rodent King
47 Ronin

6.5/10
It was pretty enjoyable but I felt it didn't have a very good plot. But other things like the effects and the fight sequences were pretty awesome :)

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Gravity

I'm a huge Sandra Bullock fan so I may have been a teeny bit biased going into this one. Right off the bat, the visual effects were "believable" (meaning they didn't look too CG). I felt that the story was well-paced but the movie dragged quit a bit before it hit the first turning point. Once it did hit its stride, I found myself enjoying it more than I was expecting. However, I did not like the ending to the movie.

Overall, 7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom