• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
The Grand Budapest Hotel

This is one of those movies that I would be perfectly fine with watching every single day for the rest of my life. It is so funny and clever and just goofy. So goofy. So good.

8.5/10

octorok74

TETTAC
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly 10/10

Fantastic movie. I loved every moment. It was interesting, adventurous, and that musical score. Best soundtrack I've heard since RvB. Overall amazing.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 100/100, five out of five stars, 100%.

This is probably my new favorite movie, or tied for my favorite. This movie did so many things correctly with only one actual thing worth complaining about. I'll start with the good:

+The soundtrack is absolutely perfect. The use of the classic songs such as "Come and Get Your Love", "Hooked on a Feeling", and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" suits the movie flawlessly.
+The visuals are fantastic. Groot and Rocket Raccoon look amazing for pure CGI, while Gamora and Drax's practical effects are convincing as well. It definitely compliments the tone of the movie.
+The plot was fun, exciting, and well-written.
+The movie did a good job of making the more dramatic scenes not feel forced.
+After-credits scene was unexpected and hilarious to me.

Now for the one negative:

-Ronan's motivations weren't explained at all. It seemed like he was just doing stuff for the hell of it.

Last edited:

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Guardians of the Galaxy

9/10

I wasn't excited to see this movie based on previews or all of that, but I ended up going to see it with friends due to a cheap movie day along with free pop corn.

It honestly blew me out of the park. The characters were pretty great, a good balance of emotions were felt, and the music just was awesome. Had some real feel good moments, and the cast was awesome. I really didn't even realize how much time had past watching the movie because I enjoyed it that much.

My only complaint, if any, with the movie was the after credits extra, but that's not even remotely enough to subtract too much from the movie. Definitely one of my favorites in recent years, and I would for sure recommend it.

Bee Movie.

Okay, I was really interested in watching this movie after seeing everybody on Tumblr making fun of it. After seeing it yesterday, I think it's safe to say that it is indeed the most weirdest animated movie I've seen recently. However, the fact that it is a strange movie just makes it more enjoyable for me due to its premise. Is it bad? Not really. It does have some decent things about it. Is it good? Well, compared to something like the HTTYD movies, it isn't by a long shot. It's more of a mixed movie, but again, I did enjoy it for how weird it is. 5/10.

My only complaint, if any, with the movie was the after credits extra, but that's not even remotely enough to subtract too much from the movie. Definitely one of my favorites in recent years, and I would for sure recommend it.

How could you not enjoy seeing Howard the Duck?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I was honestly expecting them to butcher this movie... but they actually didn't! I'm tired and don't feel like writing much, so I'm just gonna say that I actually quite enjoyed it. It was nice to see the new take on old characters. The story was changed a bit, but in a good way, not a bad way.

Overall, probably 8/10 or 8.5/10

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Brought myself to watch My Fair Lady... I hate musicals... but I'm starting to wonder if maybe I actually like them

Because this movie is a freaking MASTERPIECE. I could go on and on for forever, but I won't. I'll just say that the acting is phenomenal, a lot of the songs are really good, and the complexity of Higgins feelings towards Eliza is just fantastic. I love that movie.

I'mma say 9/10

Garo

Boy Wonder
Boyhood.

This is the best movie of the year. It might even be the best movie ever made.

Linklater's epic 12 year story of a boy growing up is one of the most moving experiences I've ever had in a theater. I see myself in Mason, and yet I see in Mason things I never did. I identify with a lot of his struggles, and yet I see him experience things I've never known. Yet the entire time I sat in that theater, I was thinking about my own life. Thinking about what I've done right, what I've done wrong. What I missed in childhood. What formative experiences I had and how they've shaped me. What little moments stick out in my memory, and why they do. I found myself inexplicably crying at times. The film isn't really "sad" - there's not even a plot, really. There are just moments. Moments of joy, some moments of sorrow. Moments of total apathy, even. Just beautiful little tableaus of a life lived and loved.

I don't think I have the vocabulary to really explain my thoughts about this film. It's beautiful. It's moving. It's utterly unique. It is the best film of the year, and one of the best films ever made.

A+.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The Matrix: Revolutions

I'd never actually watched this movie to the end. Had it on TV a few times but this was the first time I actually sat down and watched it. Overall I thought the movie was quite good, except the ending was pretty dull and being the end of the trilogy it made the entire film a little bit disappointing. It seemed like the Matrix was sort of forgotten about and it just became a superhero battle between Neo and Smith, and none of the deep stuff that was talked about all through-out the first two films. Was a shame. The fight with Saraf (I think is how his name was spelled) was great and I expected that kind of choreographed ending fight to happen. Exciting, sure, but generic action movie exciting, I expected more from the ending. And then of course I felt the very ending was a little but un-fulfilling, I'd have liked to see more of the "after the war" world and of course know what happened to Neo.

So, good, I thought there was a lot of action but the action was alright I guess, but the ending kind of dampened the whole film for me. Shame too cos the first two films were both very good to me! So I'd give it a 7/10, which is still very good of course, but not as high as predecessors at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom