• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

ILU

i luv u
That new Spider-man movie. 3/5. Props for using Gwen Stacy and having him create his web-slinging goodness which is the canonical way. But the acting wasn't that impressive, and seeing Parker as a skater punk was weird, but I give props for at least trying to portray him as the type with social issues. Story mess-ups like how Gwen's dad died bug me, but films always screw with canon. I still really like how they went back to the roots of the comic.

But eh, I dunno. This Spider-man reboot wasn't that good. Wasn't bad, but wasn't good.

Skittles

Rainbows!
So...ah...I did the one thing I promised that I would not do...

That was watch the new Star Trek movie. I was tricked...that's my excuse! D:

Anyway, for me... It was a bit weird. I watched all the old ones when I was a little kid and have seen quite a few episodes of the original series (my brother was into Star Trek...I wasn't. Well, not like he was.) So, as you can imagine, I was comparing it to the old film and series. Like Khan being this white guy and this just not seeming right. Then...after some 20 minutes, I admit it, I got into it. Amazingly, I stopped comparing, it no longer mattered that some of the same lines were used or that some of the scenario was really a remake. It was fine, it didn't matter, it somehow felt new...

And I realized, that this was how remakes/reboots were really suppose to be. It did homage to the original without ruining the characters and somehow made an imagination catching movie despite being reused material.

That...perhaps, is the most amazing thing about this film...

So, yeah, despite my initial spite, I'll go and chorus this movie's brilliance and give it a 9.5/10. That's as high as anything's going to get from me...xD

Now I actually look forward (kind of) to what JJ Abrams might be able to accomplish with Star Wars...If it's as good as this movie was, he can take all my money and then some...(okay, not really) xD

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
Pink Floyd: The Wall

I give it a 9/10

It was a very interesting movie and only the mind of Roger Waters can make something like it. I may be just a little biased with the film because I love Pink Floyd, but I sincerely enjoyed it. I like how well the film went with the album; and if you can follow what's going on in the film, you can enjoy it the whole way through.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Tonight, I was browsing the copious movies downloaded to the household harddrive and while my guy spent his time in the living room watching racing, I spent time in my room watching an old anime movie I'd heard about but never got around to seeing:

Night on the Galactic Railroad

It's a neat little mind-screw (still trying to figure out the depth of the symbolism). It's set in a world of cat-people. The protagonist is a boy (cat-boy) who lives in quaint little village bullied at school save by one good friend. (I thought it was an Italian village, but then I looked up the work online and found out the signage is all in Esperanto, not Italian). The cat-boy, Giovanni, strays away from the village festival and his errand to pick up milk for his ill mother, falls asleep in a field and, in his dreams, boards a mystical train that takes him and his best friend to various places and dimensions along the Milky Way.

I'd give it a 9/10 because it is actually really a beautiful story once you let it sink in, and a hell of a tearjerker, too.

The pacing is a bit slow at first. I chalk it up to being both an anime and just the style of the movie - it's slow and dreamlike and it doesn't seem like it's even trying to make a whole lot of sense on the surface.

There's some interesting religious symbolism in it. I'm trying to figure out if one got "zinged" or not. There's this theme of "trying to get to the True Heaven" and the End of the Universe going on with the space-train. The cat-boy and his best friend meet three (human!) passengers of the Titanic, a pair of children and their rather devout Christian tutor. They get off at a station called the Southern Cross which is supposedly "The Christian Heaven" but not the "True Heaven." However, the "True Heaven" winds up being a black hole/void space... I don't know whether this was a Buddhist thing and a simple comparasion between ideas of Nirvana/Paradise or what... I mean, if it was a "zing," it certainly was a gentle one as the Christian characters weren't portrayed as stupid at all, and were very nice. The tutor pretty much echoes what turns out to be the ending theme of the movie in his own words and the older girl actually gives the main-character the main aesop he holds onto in the end verbatim before getting off at their stop. And they seemed to be happy there, so even if they "didn't make it to the end of the universe," they still seemed to make it to a place that they wanted to be in. (Even if it was portrayed as a little cheesy).

In the end, all around, there is this lesson about making the most of your life and living your life for the sake of other people/sharing love with others. (Given in the most hearbreaking way).

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey again. Realized that it wasn't as good this time. I knew that it really just sucked once it got to the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Stone Giants part.

Don't get me wrong, many of the parts of the movie are great. The "An Unexpected Party" bit was great. The troll bit was good, for the most part. The "Riddles in the Dark" part was exceptional. Otherwise, it was bleh. Special effects were bleh. Thorin was meh. The Goblin Scrotum-Beard King was complete barf, and the following chase scene was bleh.

Last time I gave it a 19/20, mostly because I was both geeking out and being all "Bilbo!!!!!" like Leonard Nimoy, as well as jet lagged and sleepy/sleeping through a little bit. Now, I give it a 9/20. You did so well with LotR, Peter Jackson. Why'd you have to make this one suck? I'm really hoping the next one is much better.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not necessarily a movie, but I finished Roots: Saga of an American Family today at school. Beautiful TV miniseries <3

Makes me wanna cry hard.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
Recently, I saw "Fist of the North Star (1995)," based on the anime and manga of the same name. I thought it was pretty forgettable. The plot was hard to follow
If there was a plot, I couldn't even tell you what it was
and the acting wasn't that good either (a LOT of overacting.) I give it a 4/10

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Iron Man

Yeah I know, oldies movie and all that jazz. It was a weak movie for real. (5/10).

Raising Arizona

Another oldies movie. Apparently the movie is comedy gold but I found it to be pretty forgettable. The acting of course was great, but that doesn't mean they got the punchlines right. :I (5/10)

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
FINALLY got around to seeing the Great Gatsby.
I enjoyed it, although the ending is thoroughly depressing (it's kinda supposed to be that way, though.) Baz Lurhmman is notorious for his directing style and while I don't think it was the greatest film, he did pretty well with it, somehow mixing modern music in with classic 20's stuff in a way that was unorthodox, but worked. I think he handled the overall flashiness of the era nicely and it was also pretty loyal to the original novel. Leo DiCaprio was a great Gatsby (I had to I'm sorry) and the other roles were played well too (also I have a crush on Carey Mulligan whoops)

7/10

jack546

The chosen one
Iron man 3 is freaking awesome! It's really dumb though so don't take it seriously. Like any marvel movie it's really fun with good effects. Robert Downey JR. is hilarious as always and the rest of the characters are ok at best other than the villain which is maybe the worst in any superhero movie ever.

Iron man 3 is a fun movie with a lot of problems but if you are looking to turn your brain off for two hours give it a watch
I give Iron man 3 7.5/10 :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I watched the Fast and the Furious last night (I'm planning on watching all five before the sixth one comes to my town)
Not my favourite F&F movie, but still a solid film. I give it a 7.8/10 because the racing scenes are awesome, but I like the story of some of the later installments better.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Naruto: Road to Ninja

Fantastic freaking movie, pulled at all the typical strings the series does but in a consise 1 hour 45 minutes. I cried multiple times.

10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom