• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Chronicle:

My third time watching this movie and still just as great as the first. One of the best superhero movies out there. Great action, plot, and characters (especially Andrew and Steve). I'll never stop watching and loving this movie. 10/10

Garo

Boy Wonder
Iron Man 3.

A horrendous film. Between the dreadful villain swap at the end of the second act, the lack of necessary character development for either villain, the lack of a clear motive or even reasoning behind any of the events of the film, characters with missing and unresolved emotional arcs, an abysmally poor handling of Extremis and the Mandarin (one of my favorite comic book stories of all time), a bizarre malaise that afflicted the entire film and resulted in the film feeling unsure of itself and stumbling in its attempts at humor, the utter devaluation of comic book death (which was already pretty valueless as it was), and perhaps most egregiously the dreadful editing and cinematography of the action setpieces (some of which were admittedly inspired), this is a film that misfires on almost all fronts.

One star.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Just got back from Iron Man 3 a few minutes ago. And I loved everything about it (except maybe the fact that the amount of explosions made it seem like a Michael Bay film...)
Solid 9.7/10

Iron Man 3.

A horrendous film. Between the dreadful villain swap at the end of the second act, the lack of necessary character development for either villain, the lack of a clear motive or even reasoning behind any of the events of the film, characters with missing and unresolved emotional arcs, an abysmally poor handling of Extremis and the Mandarin (one of my favorite comic book stories of all time), a bizarre malaise that afflicted the entire film and resulted in the film feeling unsure of itself and stumbling in its attempts at humor, the utter devaluation of comic book death (which was already pretty valueless as it was), and perhaps most egregiously the dreadful editing and cinematography of the action setpieces (some of which were admittedly inspired), this is a film that misfires on almost all fronts.

2/10.

o_O

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
The Hangover Part 2:
I enjoyed this one, after a long hard day of school and work this was something nice to come back to watch. It was pretty funny and up there with the original in the series.
7/10

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Iron Man 3
8.5/10
Solid action flick. Emphasis on the action flick - if you were looking for deep story arcs or clear motives for the villains, look elsewhere.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
A Few Good Men. We watched it in English Class after reading the Short Story "Gentlemen, Your Verdict". I actually quite enjoyed it. It may be because I seem to have some sort of thing for trial movies, but either way, I did really like it.
I'd give it a 7.6/10

The Great Gatsby:

I really enjoyed this movie. I haven't read the book, so I can't compare it to that, but I've heard that it's a very close adaptation. The soundtrack was excellent; it was really interesting how it combined modern music with the Roaring Twenties setting. All the acting was superb, but naturally, Leonardo DiCaprio stole the show. I immediately felt sympathy for and a connection with Gatsby; he just has the certain charm that dominates any setting he's placed in and makes you feel invested in his character. Overall, very cool movie. 9/10

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Last movie I watched was War of the Worlds (The Steven Spielberg one), just ended about an hour again.
I thoroughly enjoy this movie. I've seen it a few times, and I love it every time! Although, that might partially be due to the fact that I am a large Tom Cruise fan...
I give it an 8/10

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Iron Man 3.

3/10.

For a movie I should have liked, it was absolutely terrible. It lacked the immediate hook of the first two movies, the humor, the pacing, and the memorable villain. Tony Stark's time as Iron Man is so rare and, in Iron Man 3's case, so boring that you have to wonder why the film wasn't retitled Stupid **** You Watch While Waiting For Iron Man To Do Something Cool 3. Oh, and there's a stupid teenage sidekick who exists because why the **** not? I'm going to associate the film's terrible-ness with the change in directors.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
The Best Exotic Marigol Hotel. I would rate that as a 6/10, considering it was supposed to be a comedy but it was mostly drama, and it wasn't very good. Although there were some good messages and a couple funny parts, so I'll give it that.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
The last one I watched was 9.
It was sad.... depressing...throughout like- the whole move....... but I think it deserves a 9/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom