• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Rare Addict

Site Staff
The last movie that I watched was Django Unchained. As with many Tarantino films, this one excels at providing memorable characters, a screwball sense of humor, and incredibly over-the-top violence. Christoph Waltz is just as charismatic as ever, and both Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel Jackson take a surprising turn as Calvin and Stephen, respectively.

In terms of sheer entertainment value, this may very well be my favorite movie of 2012.

9/10

Last edited:

Magatha

Magatha
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I give it 10/10. I'm a HUGE LotR fan, and I love how they really didn't cut much from the book, and even added more from some of Tolkien's other writings. They made the first 6 chapters into a 3 hour movie!!!
I'm really excited to see the next parts! Just think; 14 hours of the LotR + ~9 hours of The Hobbit = potential for a 24 hour LotR Movie Marathon! :D

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The film I watched was an Indie Romance film called 'Like Crazy'......Dont ask me why I watched it haha, I was bored OK!

Anyway the film was really weird and just proved that long distance relationships are really a *****......I'd give it a 7/10.....I need to get a life lol

Zorth

#Scoundrel

If you like sparkling explosions then it's probably going to be a 10/10.

Found this movie insulting to the human race lol, I just can't believe that James Cameron actually tried to make the audience believe that humans would be so stupid, racist and destructive after 200 years from now. This is my main problem with the movie, it's supposed to be somewhat realistic/scientific but he chooses the most petulant & immature mindset towards humanity where we send racist military troops with some scientists to a planet where we find humanoid tribal people who are peaceful (tribal people are most of the time savage & aggressive) and look like they jumped out of a Disney movie with their cute puppy faces. And why do we do this?.. to mine a rare ore called un-obtanium (LOL) and of course we have the corporate d-bag who is supposed to make us think that capitalism and all CEO's are as evil and from the 1980's because he is.

I won't deny that our world today isn't completely free of corporations that value profit more than a life or military men that are pure racists and couldn't care less about anything else, but my point is that after 200 years I would've at least thought that the first guys to arrive on an alien world wouldn't be a bunch of Scumbag Steves with mindless hatred.

The character's acting might be good, but their character development & writing is just pure crap. Norm's anger at Jake disappears, accomplishing nothing. Max does nothing the whole movie. Trudy dies at the end, failing to accomplish anything. Grace also dies, accomplishing not much either. Let's not forget the other 95% of the movie, the CGI. It was definitely well made but there was just way too much CGI, I understand it's hard to shoot sci-fi movies taking place on different planets IRL but I actually have a hard time believing that an alien world looks like Pandora, if we look at Stargate SG-1 and their alien worlds they'll look similar to earth with some CGI here and there, those worlds are far more realistic than Pandora because Pandora has so much CGI in it that it reaches a point where it looks like a game or a CGI cartoon.

I liked this film 4 years ago, although watching it again last night I noticed how wrong I was. xD

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Yesterday I went to the movies with some friends and saw Wreck It Ralph, it has been out since December 26th at the movies but this was the first opportunity we had to see it.
I think that Disney did a superb job with this. There were many video game references thrown into the story which was a great addition to the movie. The storyline was great and I liked their idea of how the arcade works. I found the characters to be interesting and well thought out, many of the characters were also thrown in form actual Video Games.
9/10 Would definitely see again.

Texas Chainsaw 3D

The plot was actually pretty good, though a few parts at the end will have you going "What?" - and not in a good way. The action scenes were awesome, but I don't think the movie ever found a great balance between the calm and the storm.

7/10

Found this movie insulting to the human race lol, I just can't believe that James Cameron actually tried to make the audience believe that humans would be so stupid, racist and destructive after 200 years from now. This is my main problem with the movie, it's supposed to be somewhat realistic/scientific but he chooses the most petulant & immature mindset towards humanity where we send racist military troops with some scientists to a planet where we find humanoid tribal people who are peaceful (tribal people are most of the time savage & aggressive) and look like they jumped out of a Disney movie with their cute puppy faces. And why do we do this?.. to mine a rare ore called un-obtanium (LOL) and of course we have the corporate d-bag who is supposed to make us think that capitalism and all CEO's are as evil and from the 1980's because he is.

I won't deny that our world today isn't completely free of corporations that value profit more than a life or military men that are pure racists and couldn't care less about anything else, but my point is that after 200 years I would've at least thought that the first guys to arrive on an alien world wouldn't be a bunch of Scumbag Steves with mindless hatred.

The character's acting might be good, but their character development & writing is just pure crap. Norm's anger at Jake disappears, accomplishing nothing. Max does nothing the whole movie. Trudy dies at the end, failing to accomplish anything. Grace also dies, accomplishing not much either. Let's not forget the other 95% of the movie, the CGI. It was definitely well made but there was just way too much CGI, I understand it's hard to shoot sci-fi movies taking place on different planets IRL but I actually have a hard time believing that an alien world looks like Pandora, if we look at Stargate SG-1 and their alien worlds they'll look similar to earth with some CGI here and there, those worlds are far more realistic than Pandora because Pandora has so much CGI in it that it reaches a point where it looks like a game or a CGI cartoon.

I liked this film 4 years ago, although watching it again last night I noticed how wrong I was. xD

This is awkward.

--

I watched Avatar last night - 10/10

Hanyou

didn't build that

Avatar is one of the most poorly-plotted, emotionally manipulative movies I have ever seen in my life. I hated it. I even hated the Lisa Frank visuals, which seem to be a draw for most people. To me, it looked every bit as fake as the Star Wars prequels.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who enjoyed the movie! I just don't get it.

The destruction of the blue cats' hometree was a clear example of everything wrong with the movie. Damn thing takes about five minutes to fall, and in the meantime, the audience is treated to the Navi's obnoxious screeching and whining and very little real plot development.

It doesn't help that by pure coincidence, I watched District 9 one day later. It made many of the same political points (a worldview I mostly disagree with), but blew me away. I loved the fact that I almost hated the main character. Few movies make that kind of thing work. It felt sincere where Avatar felt fake, and the situation was believable and interesting.

In any case, I think you've put words to my initial reaction to the movie.

I just got done watching The Rescuers Down Under. I saw it once when I was six and forgot about it. Now I know why. It was bookended by much better films--The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast--the latter of which I count as Disney's best movie.

It was a lot of nothing. I think it was meant for very young children, what with the inexplicably talking animals and ADHD approach to storytelling. I can't believe the same studio would release three of their greatest masterpieces--Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King--within the next few short years.

It wasn't exceptionally bad, but it wasn't good. 5/10

Last edited:

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
The 1951 film Alice in Wonderland was the last movie I watched, and I gotta give it a 10/10, I loved it when I was little and still love it now...ah, the Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat, good memories.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
The Good Doctor

This movie made me cringe due to how unethical this Dr. was. It was a little slow, but Orlando Bloom did a good job acting. So 5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom