• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
The lake house keanu reeves and sandra bullock- 9/10 why didnt they send a pic and it seems like they 'meet' a few times....

Suzume - 9/10

Another great Makoto Shinkai movie. I really liked the increased action in this one that we really haven't seen from Shinkai since Children Who Chase Lost Voices. The focus on travel and meeting good people across the way was a very optimistic message. The soundtrack was another strong point. My main gripe is the romantic connection between Suzume and Souta felt forced.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
The Super Mario Bros. Movie - 8/10

It was a fun time overall. I thought Jack Black killed it as Bowser, and I loved the character chemistry. I have a few nitpicks with how the movie started, but it was great all in all.
I watched it yesterday, and I really liked how it started. But then it got a bit too fast-paced. It could have used a few more slower scenes to set the world and the characters a bit more. Other than that I thought it was great!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I saw the Super Mario Bros. Movie too and would go with an 8.5/10.

I just really enjoyed it, part of that is for sure nostalgia but I went in expecting it to be poor and was pleasantly surprised with how it was put together.

Reactions: Dio

Grogson

Treasure...dog!
Deep Impact. 7/10. Not the best comet movie I've seen, but not the worst either. I liked how it went both with heroes saving Earth but also destruction caused by the smaller piece of the comet, so the ending was more bittersweet.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Peter Pan & Wendy 6/10

After seeing most adaptations of the story I say the best Peter Pan movie is still the 2003 one. Its hard to make something that doesn't feel like a retread at this point.

The first hour of this mostly feels like a retread and not done as well as some others before it. Neverland looks pretty bland and not very fantastical. It is not super appealing. After an hour in things improve, where they decide to go in a new direction for Hook in terms of the story. Jude Law does a decent job as the character and i felt I was rooting for him by the end. Pan is an asshole kid and he doesn't really get redeemed which is kind of the tragedy of the character which is played down in certain other adaptations. I liked that this one kept true to the book in that way.

This movie improves on Tigerlilly from the original making her more of a warrior/big sister who helps Pan, they have also removed the racism of the cartoon.

This take on the lost boys also mixes things up by having girls as well this time around.

In terms of music. A lot of the good music from the original is gone however there is a couple of new pirate shanty's which are very enjoyable which have been added this time around.

It's worth a watch if you've nothing much better to do however if you really want to see Peter Pan at it's best just go for the 2003 Jason Isaacs version. It's much better.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

9/10

Overall a wonderful film. It was extremely well written and a nice wrap to James Gunn's trilogy. Hands down the best movie I've seen this year, and my favorite Marvel film since Spiderman No Way Home.

I've seen reviews where people have been saying it's the best writing since Endgame. My take on that: there is no doubt Guardians Vol. 3 is amazingly written, but it has a completely different tone than Endgame. It's also not fair to compare anything to Endgame, it's always going to be superior simply by virtue of being the conclusion to an overarcing story that spanned multiple films across 7 years.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Josee, the Tiger and the Fish
9/10

This movie was so much better than I was expecting. The first few minutes of it it seemed pretty lame, but once the story starts building up its really good. The plot twists hit me in the feels. All the themes of the movie were really good too, it was fun to watch.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3.

It was pretty good. Was a good sendoff for the series. The pacing felt like it could have been better, and there was one part at the end where Peter drops the mp3 player that was really stupid, but other than that, it was a good time. Glad to see the Guardians get such a good final movie, and it felt more like the other 2 Guardians movies than a post-Endgame MCU movie.

8/10

Also,
1685160214955.png
I like all 3 of the other experiments, but something about this little guy stuck out to me idk why.

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
Movie: The Son
Starring: Hugh Jackman and Laura Dern
Rating: 2 out of 10
The acting was supurb, and the cinematography was great. Dern and Jackman were brilliant. The film recieves a low rating not due to their performances, rather the subject matter and its effect on me. The story is about a son, who’s parents divorce, the father (Jackman) fell in love with a woman who knew he was married at the time. The Son starts having spells, he does self harm and in the climax well.. suffice to say the film is bleak, it will make you think of your dysfunctional relationships, and if you suffer from depression like myself, it will only open that dark water well. For those reasons I cannot recommend it, in fact anyone suffering from depression, and other conditions should not see this film.. it really exasperated my depression..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom