• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Big Hero Six 8/10

I liked this movie, and really liked some parts of the movie, and was meh about other parts

I really liked Hiro as a protagonist. He’s really endearing and down to Earth as a character, and found his relationship with Baymax to be adorable. I also liked his journey and him seeing past clips of his brother Tadachi creating him

Baymax was also great. Really cute and the moment where Baymax tells Hiro that killing Callahan isn’t what Tadashi would’ve wanted was by far my favorite moment of the movie.

I liked the professor too. I didn’t even expect the twist, though had a little hunch but still didn’t fully expect it. I do like how he shares a problem with Hiro of them very badly wanting revenge even though that’s what their loved ones (Tadashi and Abigail) wouldn’t want. And I really like how they handled the way he did get his daughter back but he was sent to prison. He did all this for revenge, and in the end his daughter comes back, but he’s in prison, and won’t get to see her as often.

Tadashi/Hiro’s friends (Honey Lemon, Go-go, Wasabi and Fred) were okay but nothing really special outside of their cool super powers, but otherwise didn’t care for them, and the humor of them was a bit much sometimes, especially Fred who I just found annoying.

Tadashi I liked but himdying was very expected, I just knew he would, and would’ve really liked to have spent more time with him, but I did like him while he was there.

Overall really solid though. There were some pacing issues and outside of Baymax comedy was hit or miss and it did feel generic and predictable a good amount of times but I still really liked it for the good villain and main protagonist, overall moral and Baymax, though definitely not the best Disney movie

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom
7/10

Twas aight. A fairly generic movie as its fugere urbem premise is very predictable and far from new.
The movie also had a bit of a strange pacing, the beginning is very very slow and suddenly it ramps up a bit too fast in speed to the point it felt a bit rushed. In any case it was a nice experience, and I'm glad I had the chance to watch it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
3000 tears of longing 9/10.
This is actually a very good movie with Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba. It's about a woman who meets a Djinn and through his stores she learns how to love and live again. Surprisingly good!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The guardians of time (2022) 3/10.
What a huge let down. They could've done so much but they decided to make it a boring and awful movie. If this is supposed to get another movie (because cliff) they must do it waaaaaay better

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
The Nice Guys (2016) 9.5/10

Set in Los Angeles in the 1970s This Neo-Noir Action Comedy is a surprising role for action film veteran Russell Crowe. Oddly enough I found Crowe's role to be the perfect counterpart to Ryan Gosling's character who definitely gets more yuks than Crowe but what makes this movie interesting was the fact that they filmed half of this movie in Atlanta, Georgia rather than California. If anything I would watch it again. My only complaint is the use of the piña colada song in the background. That song was not released in the actual year this film was supposedly set in, that and I find that song too bubblegum for a Neo-Noir Action Comedy set in the Mid-1970s.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Belle (竜とそばかすの姫)

I finally managed to procure a 4K copy and had time to watch this film and I really loved it for what it was. It was visually stunning, especially when the main characters were their AS counterparts and the story itself is more of a series of characters overcoming their own beasts sometimes literally and sometimes metaphorically.

The soundtrack is also pretty and amazingly robust in this film. It’s also a pseudo-musical as musical sequences play quite an integral part to the telling of the story (and of course the number one rule for a song in a musical is that it needs to somehow progress the plot, or give deeper insight into a character; not halt the story for a song about nothing [looking at you Greatest Showman :anger3d:]).

Overall, a great film with few flaws for my taste. 9/10.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
See How they Run

This 2022 slightly farcical, headscratcher of a classic whodunnit within a whodunnit is an interesting tale of deception, synergy and humor all packaged in visuals that are somewhat Identical to that of Wes Anderson. 9.5/10

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday I saw Avatar: The Way of Water at the cinema. The visuals are absolutely stunning and it is clear why it took them so long to make it. Overall I really enjoyed the experience as a good continuation from the first film but my only gripe is that perhaps it didn't need to be as long as it is. 8/10

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
The last movie I saw in the theater was Avatar: The Way of Water. I really enjoyed it, there were times that I thought they could have cut out the fight scenes cause some of them did get a little long for my taste but still a good movie. I know they have already almost finished the third movie but it won't come out until 2024.

The last movie I watched at home was How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) the one with Jim Carrey. It's a cheesy movie, I still think the original cartoon is better.

I thought I was having serious deja vu throughout the first 30 minutes of this movie. It definitely looks great, but it felt too familiar, right down to the villain from the past movie having an Avatar. Thankfully, the exploration of the Sully family made this movie feel more emotional than the first, although I think the fights and world building never hit the heights of its predecessor. At least seeing more tribes on Pandora was cool.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Top Gun: Maverick - 9/10

I loved it! The first film is such a classic, so it's hard to imagine a sequel after all this time even working. It does work, it's a worthy sequel that expands on Maverick's character in an interesting way.

The jet scenes were very intense, and the actual mission had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The ending also really got me, I was fighting back tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom