• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Cfrock

Keep it strong
We Summon The Darkness
Watched this for
efa4b3d9d25a1afc1e297e783b89d4a8437dad0e.gifv

I enjoyed it :rosa:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Devil 7/10. Not a great movie but not bad either. The concept was pretty cool. Too bad the twist didn't work for me because I knew from the start who the devil was (it wasn't hard to guess at all).

Insidious chapter 2 and 3. Both get 7/10. Even though you already know what it is about it still makes for a fun couple of hours. And I like how they tie up the loose ends a bit.

Wish upon 5/10. Really? Was the lead character THAT stupid? Yes she was....go figure *rolleyes*

Malicious 6/10. Not predictable at all. Nope not at all :whistle:

Don't knock twice 8/10. I actually liked this movie. It wasn't good but not garbage either. The ending gave the extra rating though

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The Book of Eli - 8/10: A pretty good action-packed film, and the ending has a nice twist.

Maleficient 2 - 2/10: It lacked the charm of the first, not only that, but the acting felt really stiff at moments. Overall the plot is pointless - I feel like we didn't need this movie, it doesn't expand on the first film in any worthwhile way, and that sort of sours the previous film, really. All it has going for it is visuals, the CGI is decent and the wardrobes are extravagant, but they aren't worth suffering through a roughly 2 hour movie to see.

Onward - 9/10: I loved it. It's a nice animated film about a rocky relationship between brothers, the quest they go on solidifies their bond, it also helps the protagonist to overcome his insecurities. It's very heart warming.

Re-watched Smokin' Aces last night - what a movie, though it could have been developed a bit better, I really appreciated it much more this time around than when I watched it ~14 years ago. The ending even though I understood it first watch had a lot more power on rewatching it.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Recently watched Come Back to the 5 & Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean and was very pleasantly surprised. I had very little expectations going in, but knew that it starred Karen Black, Mark Patton, Cher and Kathy Bates. It was a film about a group of friends making good on a pledge to meet up 20 years in the future and you slowly learn of the strange events that both brought and held this group together over the years. A very solid 8.5/10.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
the movie where the girl turns into a cat - 6/10

it was pretty cute but also seemed pretty creepy at times but i was half asleep when i watched it so idk for sure

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
9 - 7/10: It was an interesting animated film with a pretty great cast of voice actors. The plot progression is a little messy, by time the movie is halfway completed the characters reason out that they need go back to "where it all began", but end up doing a bunch of things that contradict this plan. That aside, it's definitely worth a watch at least once.

The Watchmen (Directors Cut) - 9/10 - Easily one of my favourite films although a difficult score for some to agree with I know. When I saw this for the first time many moons ago I had no idea what it was about as I'd never heard of the comic before. All I knew was a very basic "its some alternate timeline superhero movie" and that it was made by Zack Snyder who'd made 300 which I also really enjoyed.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Wild Tigers I Have Known

Interesting LGBTQIA themed Arthouse film about self-discovery and accepting yourself; from the fractured and warped point of view of a high school outcast. Has some odd trope moments thrown in and attempts to be less obvious about the clichés it still keeps, but managed to keep my interest for the full runtime. Rating: 7/10. Would have liked a bit more background on Logan and his family with motivations from some characters signalled more clearly. Apparently the version I have is a heavily edited version of the original festival version which tones down the artsy-ness and themes present in the film for a more mainstream audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom